Destiny 2

TonyTony Harrisburg,Pa.
Okay, we are about two weeks away from launch. Who is getting it?

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I'm in for sure but I'll be waiting for the PC version in late October
    Vasilnate1
  • I'll be playing day one on PS4.
    Tony
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Day one PS4 as well. I pre-ordered the insanely priced version. I was probably drunk when I did that...
    Tonyrealityzealot
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    I pre-ordered it...after being incredibly disappointed by the 1st one (I still played it daily despite hating Bungie for money grabbing so badly with all the lackluster DLCs) I am hoping they have done right with this one.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Me! What should we do with the clan? I hear it's got a lot better clan features but I'm busy as hell and probably can't manage it as well as it should be. Tony, would you be vice president of the Clan or something?
  • I'm in. Can someone invite me to the clan if it's cool?

Name is Pottermann

Tony
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    ooh... I may get it for PS4 just so i can join the clan.  

handle: super_dewsh
    Tony
  • TonyTony Harrisburg,Pa.
    Shum said:

I'll be playing day one on PS4.

It'll be good to see you back in the game!
    Hatorian said:

I'm in. Can someone invite me to the clan if it's cool?

Name is Pottermann

Hatorian said:

Name is Pottermann

you need to go to bungie.net search for the group Bald Move and join it. Then after you join you can click on "make this my clan" and you should be in. Unfortunately as of right now there is no way to send clan invites so you have to do it on your own.
    Tony said:

Hatorian said:

Name is Pottermann

Hatorian said:

Name is Pottermann

you need to go to bungie.net search for the group Bald Move and join it. Then after you join you can click on "make this my clan" and you should be in. Unfortunately as of right now there is no way to send clan invites so you have to do it on your own.
    Totally joining the clan.  Look for "Mr Morty Smith"
    The clan support for Destiny 1 was kind of dogshit.  They're acting like it will be  real social hub for Destiny 2.  If it works, I'll advertise it from time to time.  I imagine it will be pretty easy to keep a strong community.  We might need a few mods to deal will bullshit like administration and moderation if I can't keep up with it.  And I'm a million percent sure I won't be able to keep up with it.

Tonyrmagsamen
  • Tony said:

Hatorian said:

Name is Pottermann

Hatorian said:

Name is Pottermann

Thanks man. Apparently they are doing some maintenance so I'll have to wait some time to get in.
    I saw on Reddit that it'll be back up and running around noon pacific tomorrow.
    Cool! I look forward to playing with you fools...and probably ruining your raids. That was something I never actually got around to doing in the first Destiny. None of my friends really played it and I wasn't into playing with complete randos. So I feel like I missed out on a pretty significant part of the experience. 
    Wait...are you guys playing on ps4 or Xbox?  If it is ps4, I can't be associated with commies. 
    despawnnrmagsamen
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 25
    Disregard.
    I'm on PS4.  I wouldn't mind there being an XBOX contingent.  I've always owned both consoles, I was just too poor to buy two PS4s and an XBOX this generation.

I'm on PS4.  I wouldn't mind there being an XBOX contingent.  I've always owned both consoles, I was just too poor to buy two PS4s and an XBOX this generation.

The only reason I switched to Xbox when I was a kid was because the Playstation controllers were built for children.  Now that the Xbox-esque PS4 controller is coming out though...

I can create a Bald Move clan though for Xbox, unless someone else wants to do it.
  • Maintenance seems to be done by Bald Move clan not showing up when I search for it on bungie
  • I'd like to join a PS4 clan if one is going to be created.

PSN: davis929
    I think A_Ron needs to switch the Bald Move clan over to a destiny 2 Clan.
    Hatorian
  • I'm in… for the Xbox side though (if there is one)
    Thomas
  • I am also up for an xbox D2 clan.
    Thomas
  • I'm in for an Xbox clan as well.
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard

@Tony.

So it sounds like if you didn't switch the Destiny 1 Clan over to a Destiny 2 Clan, they deleted all the old clans.  So Aron or Tony will need to create a new Bald Move clan for Destiny 2, then everyone will need to rejoin.

• Really wish the PC version played nice with the Xbox version at the very least.

Any change any of the Bald Move(rs) are playing on PC?
    I had no clue this was being released tonight. Awesome. 
  • Any initial thoughts?
    I am playing on PS4 digitally. I had it pre-loaded, so really it was somewhat painless. It did take a couple of minutes because the servers were overwhelmed. I played the first two tutorial (twotorial?) missions. It was more of the same which isn't a bad thing at all. I can tell the graphics have been cleaned up and look better. Also, it seems like the enemy AI has been improved. Enemies are more apt to take cover or dodge/evade shots. Since they were tutorial missions, everything was pretty much a run down a corridor or on a very specific path. But I will say that this game already has a much more coherent story than the first did. That isn't that hard of a bar to clear, but it is good to see them paying attention to that. 
    darwinfeeshy
    Hatorian said:

Any initial thoughts?

I am enjoying it.  I have only put a couple hours in, but it is basically the same old Destiny just re-skinned.  Literally their planet Titan is Venus from the first one very lazily re-skinned.  It feels like it has much more depth than the first one though, and the story is better than the original.  I am hearing that it is a much longer game than the first, so hopefully that is true.