BoJack Horseman Season 4

MrXMrX CO
edited August 24 in Other TV
Trailer! I'm pumped. Who else will be watching?

"Wherever you are, I hope you're happy."

Spoiler alert: He's not.

Doctor_NickSomeBiscuitdarwinfeeshy

Comments

• Yeah, I'll be watching... it got really dark last season.
  • edited August 24
    "Every since I was a baby, people always said I looked like BoJack Horseman."

"That's a terrible thing to say to a baby!"

Holy shit, this trailer is wild - even more so than BoJack trailers usually are. There's so much packed in here. I can't wait for this show to be back. Looks like they're taking it in a slightly different direction too, like they said they would - it'll be really interesting to see what they do with this season, now there's no "career comeback" story arc anymore.
    MrX
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 24
    "Every since I was a baby, people always said I looked like BoJack Horseman."

"That's a terrible thing to say to a baby!"

Holy shit, this trailer is wild - even more so than BoJack trailers usually are. There's so much packed in here. I can't wait for this show to be back. Looks like they're taking it in a slightly different direction too, like they said they would - it'll be really interesting to see what they do with this season, now there's no "career comeback" story arc anymore.

I also liked 

"would you, could you, with a mouse?"
    SomeBiscuit
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Low key one of the best shows on Netflix. I've missed that narcissistic, alcoholic, endearing horse man-baby :)  
    darwinfeeshy
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Great trailer!  Amazingly I don't think BoJack was in it once.
    Lucas
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard He shows up right at the end, with no lines. Still, it speaks to the strength of this show's supporting cast that they don't even need BoJack to make a great trailer that gets people hyped for the season.
  • Great trailer!  Amazingly I don't think BoJack was in it once.

Did watch all the previous seasons? Can't remember if you've ever mentioned it on Bald Move TV etc.
  • Catching up on this series now, I'm consistently impressed by the level of continuity among episodes.
  • Will definitely be watching. I absolutely love this show! No trailer for me though. Want to go in completely blind.
  • Can't wait! I'm interested to know how other demographics appreciate this series. I fee like I'm in the target demographic, but maybe I'm being self-centered. Does it have much appeal beyond near-middle-aged white guys?
  • @PreservedKillick I think it's pretty universally funny, as long as you like that kind of dry/laughing to keep from crying type humor. At least me and my boyfriend love it and neither of us are middle-aged white guys lol.
    phoenyx1023
  • Watched all 3 seasons over the weekend. That's too much man. Gotta say, although Rick and Morty is probably a funnier show with more interesting concepts, Bojack has way more heart in it.
    MrX
  • Debating whether I should marathon all of S4 when it comes out or spread it out a bit even though I know internally I'll probably just watch it all in one day. Might make a Spoiler Thread to discuss all episodes in.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 6
    Alkaid13 said:

Watched all 3 seasons over the weekend. That's too much man. Gotta say, although Rick and Morty is probably a funnier show with more interesting concepts, Bojack has way more heart in it.

Agreed. R&M does do a good job of portraying mental illness and family issues very well, but BoJack does a better job of stringing it all together in a cohesive narrative across a season. That damn episode where he visited his ex in New Mexico was devastating, largely because of what they built up throughout the season.

Don't downplay BoJack's jokes though! So many great one liners and sight gags. Like basically everything they do with Mr. Peanutbutter. Lots of material to be mined from the strange world they've concocted where animals and humans coexist and everyone is down with interspecies sexy time.
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Can't wait! I'm interested to know how other demographics appreciate this series. I fee like I'm in the target demographic, but maybe I'm being self-centered. Does it have much appeal beyond near-middle-aged white guys?

I am a middle aged white chick (the Facebook/scrapbooking mum demographic) and I really like it.
    PreservedKillick
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I finally watched S3 before S4 comes out. It's a great show, but I'm really starting to tire of the "jaded, charismatic arsehole male lead who destroys everything and everyone around him but we are still supposed to like him" trope. Bojack is my least favourite character in the show. Everyone else is great, though. And I am happy that Raul Esparza is back in the new season.
  • Dee said:

I finally watched S3 before S4 comes out. It's a great show, but I'm really starting to tire of the "jaded, charismatic arsehole male lead who destroys everything and everyone around him but we are still supposed to like him" trope. Bojack is my least favourite character in the show. Everyone else is great, though. And I am happy that Raul Esparza is back in the new season.

I'm not sure we're "supposed" to like BoJack. I feel sorry for the character as he is incredibly self-destructive, but because he is so endlessly selfish it's not hard to dislike him. I hope he eventually gets better, but until he does I watch the show because it's dark, funny, and interesting, not because I like BoJack. Indeed, of the main characters, the only ones I'd describe as "likable" are Todd and Princess Caroline (and only in the last season with her). 
  • I think the point of last season was that no one likes Bojack, including Bojack himself.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I mean "like" in the sense that you feel something for - like feeling sorry for him or relating to him, for example.

I just find him to be kind of a monster.
  • Season 4 out now. I created a spoiler thread if you want to discuss episodes in detail.
  • I think I just now realized BoJack and Diane is a parody of that John Mellencamp song.
  • Seth MacFarlane won an Emmy for Family Guy when he was competing against Kristen Schaal for the previous season of Bojack? That's some Emmy horsing around.
  • BlanchBlanch Tempe, Az
    I liked this season, but honestly, i did expect more.

It's entertaining and i love the characters and maybe it's because I binged it; but at the end it felt like, that's it?  Not sure if anyone else shares this opinion
    Dee
  • LucasLucas Milwaukee
    I've just made it through 8 episodes so far, and I think it's amazing, each season does some interesting new stuff I really like. The jem so far has been the mass shooting/women's right episode. Which made me laugh and feels totally shitty the whole time, which is kind of the point of bojack.
    BlanchDaveyMac
  • I MUST have the blue/red Barak Obama picture of Mr. Peanutbutter on a t-shirt.  
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited September 13
    Do you think it would be interesting if I interviewed Aaron Paul about BoJack?  1) I love where they're taking Todd, he is my favorite character and I think exploring asexuality is both intriguing and helpful, and 2) I also am fascinated by the fact that it's certainly Aaron Paul's voice, but he's doing something (acting!) with it that is distinct from his speaking voice and of course Jesse.  I think voice acting is just fascinating, I ought to hit up some radio show style podcasts and see if I can get a few roles.  Because I gotta fill up all this fucking free time I have.
    Alkaid13SomeBiscuitLucasDoctor_NickMrXDaveyMac
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 13
    If you can get him I say go for it, I'm always interested in the interviews you guys do.
  • bennytube said:

I MUST have the blue/red Barak Obama picture of Mr. Peanutbutter on a t-shirt.  

Somehow it already exists - https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1853464-mr-peanutbutter-for-governor ;
  • You have to get it in V-neck, crew neck just can't support sunglasses that well.
    DemicLucas
  • I would love to hear an interview with Aaron Paul!! If you can do it please do.