To The Bald Movers Soon To Be Affected by Hurricane Harvey...

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
Any fellow Bald Movers on the TX Gulf Coast, or in central Texas and surrounding areas?  

Y'all cats stay dry & be safe.  

As my all-time favorite Newfie Frankie MacDonald says: Make sure to order your pizzas, order your Chinese food, buy cases of Pepsi, buy cases of Coke, do your grocery shopping, don't wait until the last minute.

In all seriousness I got a bad feeling about this one with the amount of rain being predicted, and it reloading and sitting.  Sounds a lot like Allison.

GarageMovieGuyDani

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I've got s couple of friends in Texas... it's looking pretty scary! Stay safe @cdrive!
    cdrive
  • Please stay safe.
    cdrive
  • yeah, stay safe and dry guys.
    cdrive
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 26
    It's always better to be over prepared than under prepared. Don't be afraid to leave early if you have to, houses are replaceable, people aren't. Try and waterproof your house as well. Also bring in outdoor pets.
  • Also if people are telling you "it won't be so bad" or "you don't need to evacuate" let those people drown, if you gotta leave then leave, immediately.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 26
    Stay safe, friends!  @cdrive is Houston going to be in the hurricane's path?  (I'm too lazy to look at a map right now, lol.)
    cdrive
  • Be safe everyone !
  • @Michelle
    Houston is indeed in the projected path.
  • Good luck!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    My dad's in Texas right now visiting my asshole uncle. He's around Dallas, so he's safe, but lots of people are worried. Hope everyone stays safe!
    Michellecdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Alkaid13 said:

@Michelle
    Houston is indeed in the projected path.

Oh dear.  I hope everyone is safe.
    cdrive
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)

My dad's in Texas right now visiting my asshole uncle. He's around Dallas, so he's safe, but lots of people are worried. Hope everyone stays safe!

I have an asshole uncle in Texas too. is that where they all go? haha
  • No sometimes they move to Florida.
    KingKobraakritenbrinkTaraC73CretanBull
  • mine's in virginia!
    akritenbrink
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    The weird ones never move far enough away. Stay safe!
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Alkaid13 said:

No sometimes they move to Florida.

Arizona is becoming increasingly popular too...
    akritenbrink
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Michelle we're on the dirty side and got a big outer rain band come thru this morning. Some places experienced some tornadoes that ripped off the band and there is flooding in parts. We're okay though! Our neighborhood taco truck was open this morning, so not too bad. But we'll have storm rain the next 5 days so it's a flood concern to monitor.

Hey Texas isn't ALL expatriated assholes, some of us we're homegrown! :)

voodooratKingKobraTxSandManMichelleGarageMovieGuyakritenbrinkNoel
    I can hear it. Here we go, next round. Tornado 10 miles of us earlier today.
  • cdrive said:

I can hear it. Here we go, next round. Tornado 10 miles of us earlier today.

Stay safe man.  Thinking of you and all.
    cdrive
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Shane?
  • I lived in Houston for about 7 years, moved to DFW last year. I know a lot of people from all around Houston, including my in-laws. They're in the Katy area (further inland from Houston), so flooding will probably be a concern there and I guess now tornadoes. Tried to get them to come stay with us, but Texans can be hard-headed.

@cdrive Stay safe and let us know how things go. We're thinking about y'all!
    cdrive
    edited August 27
    Thanks, @GarageMovieGuy. It was really bad overnight. Catching a break right now so hopefully we can get enough water drained before the next round. Many people in TX and Houston area are flooded bad right now.
    GarageMovieGuyKingKobra
  • edited August 27
    KHOU had to evacuate their studios, so this poor reporter has to keep going on the YT live stream. If you're interested in a first-hand look at what's going on:

EDIT: damn, the stream went out right after I posted this. Sending lots of love and good vibes down there, FWIW ❤️❤️

cdrive
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Damn, looking at the news this morning it looks pretty bad down there!!
    emnofseattle
  • jesus, they're saying up to 50"?
  • voodoorat said:

jesus, they're saying up to 50"?

Another 10-25" on top of the close to 20+" some areas have already received. I saw someone going back on my Facebook feed, I don't get it.
  • Are you doing okay, @cdrive ? It seems to be getting worse and worse. 
  • edited August 27
    In my old neighborhood, the water is almost touching the tops of the street signs.
    KingKobra said:

Another 10-25" on top of the close to 20+" some areas have already received. I saw someone going back on my Facebook feed, I don't get it.

I guess it's hard for people to accept that they have to get out. And in Houston, it floods with enough regularity, that people get complacent about it and don't consider it a risk.
    KingKobra
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    My siblings just got out of a bad area (Memorial). They have video rowing their canoe over cars. Craziness. I'm glad they don't have to ration water anymore... I was afraid.
    akritenbrinkKingKobraGarageMovieGuy
  • I'm afraid that this disaster is really going to expose how rotted American infrastructure is. I just hope people get the help they need, especially the ones that already could barely afford to do for themselves and may be left with nothing.
    GarageMovieGuy