Chat thread-Formerly known as Pizza- Strong Australian Vibes

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
edited August 28 in General
OK... We discussed burritos... We discussed sandwiches... I think we should discuss pizza. What do you love on your pizza?

I like so many... there is one at a local place that has basically everything but the kitchen sink + sunflower seeds on it that is very good. But I think my top pizza is just tomato sauce, mozzarella, Italian sausage, and Mama Lil's Peppers.

Travis

Comments

• wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    BBQ chicken with onion, pineapple and hot salami :)
    akritenbrinkdavemcbDummyTravisMurderbear
  • And things get weird. 

wasi said:

BBQ chicken with onion, pineapple and hot salami :)

BrawnMurderbear
  • I'll take a standard, New York style slice - cheese and sauce, that's it for me!
    Murderbear
  • Local chain near me has this bomb pizza called the "hot honey":
    Creamy garlic sauce, salami, red onion, fresh jalapenos, bacon pieces, and honey drizzle.

akritenbrinkBrawnwasi
  • pepperoni, jalapenos, feta, onions, but i don't eat much pizza these days except fathead pizza.
    Brawn
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Goat cheese, garlic, anchovies. The Stanky Whore.
    Brawn
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I prefer home made pizza to shop pizza, and I like to pile on a lot of veg in between the salami and cheese to kid myself that it's healthy, so usually it will be a mountain of mushroom, onion, capsicum, baby spinach, asparagus if it's in season, occasionally finely shredded cavolo nero and cherry tomatoes. Then I have to eat it with a knife and fork because there's so much topping it falls apart. Worth it.

P.S. I am 100% march-in-the-streets against pineapple on pizza. I cannot be doing with fruit in savoury food.
    gguenot
  • Depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I usually go Margherita style to test out new places. Prosciutto and mushrooms with Buffalo mozzarella is my jam though.
    Dummy
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    gguenot said:

Local chain near me has this bomb pizza called the "hot honey":

Creamy garlic sauce, salami, red onion, fresh jalapenos, bacon pieces, and honey drizzle.

I ate at some pizza place whose name I can't remember in a neighborhood I rarely go to and they served honey alongside the pizza with the advice to drizzle it on. It was yummy!

Pineapple: I have a Finnish chat friend and she showed me the menu of a big chain there ... Almost every pizza had pineapple on it!!
  • Pepperoni & Pineapple.

Or Buffalo chicken if I'm feeling fancy.
    akritenbrinkDummyMurderbear
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Extra cheese, green peppers, onions, & black olives

akritenbrinkDummyBrawn
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    edited August 25
    I am personally in the pineapple is OK on Pizza camp, even though pizzas have some different names over Australia and the World I enjoy a good Hawaiian Pizza (tomato, ham, pineapple and cheese) its impossible to stuff up but its not my go to. My Wife enjoys BBQ Chicken with Pineapple and that,s her go to. 

I often order specials that are named after the owners we have a local pizza shop that has a Carla Special. Ham, Mushrooms, hot salami, onion, beef, garlic, herbs, chilli, cheese. Its magnificent but hurts when you have too much. I also love a good BBQ Meatlovers followed by a food coma and 3 hours of excercise the next day

My Favourite pizza of all time is from a local pizza place in the suburb I used to grow up, another simple pizza the Aussie Pizza. Ham, Streaky Bacon, Egg, cheese I haven't had it in a few years but its easily the best pizza for me
    akritenbrinkDummy
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Dee said:

I prefer home made pizza to shop pizza, and I like to pile on a lot of veg in between the salami and cheese to kid myself that it's healthy, so usually it will be a mountain of mushroom, onion, capsicum, baby spinach, asparagus if it's in season, occasionally finely shredded cavolo nero and cherry tomatoes. Then I have to eat it with a knife and fork because there's so much topping it falls apart. Worth it.

P.S. I am 100% march-in-the-streets against pineapple on pizza. I cannot be doing with fruit in savoury food.

I will be there at your march counter-protesting for my rights to have my pineapple on my pizza! 
    Travis
    Ok. What about the crust? Thick? Thin? Crispy? Charred? I like a thinner charred crust, but occasionally I get in the mood for a big sloppy pizza with a breadier crust.
  • I used to live in New Haven, Connecticut which has its own pizza style and has like 6-8 of the top 100 pizzerias in the US, so I guess I'll take thin crust and charred. In case anyone's familiar, I was always partial to Modern Pizza, versus the more legendary Pepe's and Sally's.
    akritenbrink
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    Dee said:

I'm new here and thought we might be friends... Seems like that won't be the case.
    gguenotdavemcbakritenbrinkDeeTravis
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    TaraC73 said:

Extra cheese, green peppers, onions, & black olives

Extra cheese is two dollars.

- Do The Right Thing!
    akritenbrinkTaraC73
  • I used to live in New Haven, Connecticut which has its own pizza style and has like 6-8 of the top 100 pizzerias in the US, so I guess I'll take thin crust and charred. In case anyone's familiar, I was always partial to Modern Pizza, versus the more legendary Pepe's and Sally's.

New Haven "apizza" is amazing. Sausage pie at Modern might be my favorite pizza. The clam pie is actually really good too, despite sounding gross.

akritenbrinkDoctor_Nick
  • I'm not a pineapple hater.

Don't the British enjoy putting tuna out of a can on their pizza? I know they enjoy it on their baked potatoes. Canned tuna on a pizza would be pretty dire.
    akritenbrink
  • Delivered pizzas for 4 years. Fun job. It was for a local owner business of 1st and 2nd gen Italians. Chicago style, not deep dish but much thicker and cheesier than New York. Fresh tomatoe sauce, cheese and sausage made daily. So good. Sausage, green pepper was my go too with Chili flakes.
    akritenbrinkDummyBrawn
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    well well well @akritenbrink - this was next on my list after my burrito and sandwich threads.. well played..

and i'm traditional.. pepperoni with a shit ton of grated fake parm from the shaker and red pepper flakes
    akritenbrinkDeeBrawn
    Double pepperoni is the bomb dot com.
    ChinaskiDummyBrawn
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i'm never.. EVER.. opposed to mini pepperoni's  as well
    akritenbrink
  • Yeah, I like the clam pies too. Pepe's version is quite good.

People I knew were really into the mashed potato pizza at BAR, but I thought it made the pizza too soggy.
    MrX said:

I used to live in New Haven, Connecticut which has its own pizza style and has like 6-8 of the top 100 pizzerias in the US, so I guess I'll take thin crust and charred. In case anyone's familiar, I was always partial to Modern Pizza, versus the more legendary Pepe's and Sally's.

New Haven "apizza" is amazing. Sausage pie at Modern might be my favorite pizza. The clam pie is actually really good too, despite sounding gross.

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 25
    I feel obligated to inject a little of Canada into everything here....fun fact: Hawaiian Pizza was invented in Canada. 
    DeeakritenbrinkTravisjazzminawa
  • I lived in Chicago, and even though I moved here to California in 2001, I still miss Chicago style pizza. The absolute best, and I make sure I have it as often as possible whenever I go back. :)
    akritenbrink
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    davemcb said:

Dee said:

I will be there at your march counter-protesting for my rights to have my pineapple on my pizza! 
    Boooooo! The only thing that gets more vicious in Australia than the pineapple/no pineapple argument is potato cakes vs potato fritters vs potato scallops.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    wasi said:

Dee said:

I'm new here and thought we might be friends... Seems like that won't be the case.
    You other Aussies are letting me down here! But never mind, @davemcb will be your friend, he's a gross pineapple fan too. ;-)
    davemcbwasivoodoorat
  • DeeDee Adelaide

I'm not a pineapple hater.

Don't the British enjoy putting tuna out of a can on their pizza? I know they enjoy it on their baked potatoes. Canned tuna on a pizza would be pretty dire.

WTF

darwinfeeshy