Bald Move AAMA

Kinda like the Reddit, but Ask Another Member Anything.

I'll start by throwing one out to @Vasilnate1
I always think your name is has some hidden Vaseline reference, because I am an idiot and can't read. Anyway, where did the name come from?
TravishypergenesbDummyMichelle

Comments

• dare
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @akritenbrink
    I originally misread your name as akittenbrick which makes me think of fluffy brick shaped kittens.
    MichelleTravis
  • @akritenbrink no!

my origin story has nothing to do with rats of voodoo, it's just a dumb made up name!  i originally went by the handle "elric" in the 80s and 90s and also since "elric" was sometimes taken i borrowed (stole) "sir rat" from a friend of my brother's but changed it to "sirrat".  that morphed into "voodoorat" for no real good reason in the early 90s, although i also sometimes used "sirrat" or "sirrat-wired".  later when i played asheron's call i randomly picked the stupid name "mothra" and a bunch of people i met there called me that.  it's weird, the people who met me as "elric" 30 years ago still call me "elric", the people who met me as "mothra" still call me "mothra".  my *real* name, of course, is sir mothra elric voodoorat iii, esq.
    OldGriswoldMichelleTravisjazzminawa
  • pretty sure he's just a murderous bear.
    MurderbearMichelleTravis
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    FTR I have never frakked a T
    OldGriswoldTaraC73MurderbearMichelleTravisweeniegirl
    I don't have a lot of questions for other members but I am curious about real first names and faces
    TaraC73Travis
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    @Hatorian did you come up with this name after seeing Gladiator? Every time I see your name I always remember Russell Crowe screaming that name.
  • @FernNYC17 what's up with the 17?
  • @FernNYC17 whats the name of the dog in your profile pic?
  • Frakkin T said:

I don't have a lot of questions for other members but I am curious about real first names and faces

Here you go. Brandon, and my daughter I dedicated Mean Girls to on our way to see Green Day last weekend.
    Frakkin TMichelleTravis
  • voodoorat said:

@akritenbrink no!

my origin story has nothing to do with rats of voodoo, it's just a dumb made up name!  i originally went by the handle "elric" in the 80s and 90s and also since "elric" was sometimes taken i borrowed (stole) "sir rat" from a friend of my brother's but changed it to "sirrat".  that morphed into "voodoorat" for no real good reason in the early 90s, although i also sometimes used "sirrat" or "sirrat-wired".  later when i played asheron's call i randomly picked the stupid name "mothra" and a bunch of people i met there called me that.  it's weird, the people who met me as "elric" 30 years ago still call me "elric", the people who met me as "mothra" still call me "mothra".  my *real* name, of course, is sir mothra elric voodoorat iii, esq.
    Are you from Melnibone
  • Frakkin T said:

I read that as names and faeces.

I have a problem.
    TaraC73
    voodoorat said:

@FernNYC17 what's up with the 17?

@voodoorat i was trying to come with something over the top for a answer like 17 is for the 17 times I've climbed Mount Everest or 17 times I been married but nope it just for the day I was born th 17th.
    TaraC73MichelleTravis

• Are you from Melnibone

yes but there's an accent over the e at the end.  eich bin ein melnibonér!
  • Kinda like the Reddit, but Ask Another Member Anything.

I'll start by throwing one out to @Vasilnate1
    I always think your name is has some hidden Vaseline reference, because I am an idiot and can't read. Anyway, where did the name come from?

haha I use to get a lot of Vaseline jokes when I was a kid, but its just my name hiding in plain site Nate Vasil prounounced like "vassal" 
    TaraC73DaveyMacTravis
    edited August 2017
    sean.ray said:

@FernNYC17 whats the name of the dog in your profile pic?

His name is Spencer named after Spencer Tracy who is in one of my all time favorite movies It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
    TaraC73DeeMichelleTravis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I had the same initial thoughts about vasilnate and @akritenbrink LOL! I always think of Kill Bill when I see Hatorian's name (hatori hanso swords - not even sure if the spelling on that is right LOL!)

My real first name is Tara and my face is pretty normal looking :P

@OldGriswold is your name an homage to Clark griswold? <3 :0)
    Travis
    @akritenbrink reminds me of my favorite tweet of all time: 

voodooratVasilnate1TaraC73DeeMichelleOldGriswoldDani_ArmindoTravisweeniegirlMelonusk
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Frakkin T said:

@akritenbrink reminds me of my favorite tweet of all time: 

Hey, that's MY favourite tweet of all time!

Frakkin TTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Frakkin T said:

Done and done, I don't think I could have been more transparent in my username or profile pic.
    Frakkin TOldGriswoldDeeTaraC73Travis
  • Is your full name Michelle California?
    OldGriswoldTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    gguenot said:

Is your full name Michelle California?

How did you guess?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  lol
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA

Michelle said:

gguenot said:

Is your full name Michelle California?

How did you guess?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  lol
    Welcome to Michelle California.... 
    'I'M HERE IN MICHELLE CALIFORNIA, THERE'S THIS JOINT THAT SERVES BURRITOS, SANDWICHES, LASAGNA'S, AND PIZZA'S.. WITH VEGIMITE AND PINEAPPLES! THIS IS.. HOLY MOLEY!'

https://media.giphy.com/media/fSBaqOjrWDHzi/giphy.gif
    Travis
This discussion has been closed.