Proposed Final SENATE / "House of Lords" for GOT

I posted this on Reddit too, but as Bald Move is my favorite GoT podcast, I'd really love to hear Jim's, A.Ron's and this forum's view on my endgame theory.

Jim and many others have speculated about GoT ending with democracy.  Despite approaching the last season, there are many minor characters still alive, and taking up precious screen time (ahem, Theon).   Here is my prediction of how the "7 Kingdoms"/9 Regions will be represented by the series end in some form of democratic body, i.e., a House of Lords or a Senate.  This correlates well with certain characters remaining alive (Edmure, Ellaria, Robin), certain others dying (Dickon Tarly), and others demonstrating leadership characteristics (Sam, Theon, Sansa, Gendry).

My list:
  •      The North  (House Stark ) -- Sansa Stark
  •      The Vale of Arryn  (House Arryn ) -- Robin Arryn
  •      The Riverlands  (House Tully/Frey) -- Edmure Tully
  •      Iron Islands  (House Greyjoy ) -- Theon Greyjoy
  •      The Westerlands  (House Lannister) -- Jamie Lannister
  •      The Stormlands  (House Baratheon) -- Gendry
  •      The Reach  (House Tyrell/Tarly) -- Sam Tarly
  •      Dorne  (House Martell) -- Ellaria Sand
  •      The Crownlands  (House Targaryen/Baratheon/Lannister) -- Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen
 Of course, this does kindle speculation about who is 'expendable' in Season 8 for some dramatic ends....   ;-)

(credit to http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Kingdoms for base info for image)

-Maester Will

Comments

• akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Spoiler alert- Ellaria Sand might not be available.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• Yes - there is that EW interview.   However, after 7 years, the DDs are become very good at misdirection.  Doesn't it seem odd that Indira Varma (Ellaria) has a formal interview with Entertainment Weekly, and drops a meaningful plot spoiler.  All these actors and actresses know they can NOT say anything material about the upcoming story.  Yet that comes out first thing in a formal recorded interview?!?  The DDs have had actors on sets for fake scenes when paparazzi were around, and didn't Kit Harrington say the exact same thing about his character being dead dead after Season 5?! 
    LittleLioness
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Yeah, we didn't see her die.  But we also only have a short season left. I assumed her story was over.

On the original topic, I feel like if it was going to be truly democratic, it should be less a sort of House of Lords style body that you have there with highborn people taking up all the spots. But since I don't know who the other people are, I couldn't say who should have them.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• LittleLionessLittleLioness Pennsylvania
    I think it's more likely that Yara will still be standing at the end, for some damn reason, than Ellaria, out of those two captives. The show keeps dangling Yara but Ellaria hasn't been mentioned since Ep. 2. I bet sacrificing himself and dying in a successful operation to free Yara is how poor Theron's arc will end.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited September 13
    No spot for Tyrion?

Samwell is a brother of the Night's Watch, no lands or titles. And even if Jon kills the Night's King and all the wights and White Walkers die, I certainly hope they don't just end the Night's Watch. The dead will return again in a few thousand years I'm sure. That's what they do.

Edit: So, obviously I realize Tyrion is Dany's Hand but if she's breaking the wheel, I guess I was thinking his position would be gone. I guess he could still be her top adviser. I also wouldn't be surprised if she got rid of him because he hasn't exactly had the best luck when it comes to strategy lately.