IT'S HOT!!

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
who's getting affected by the heat? 107 in santa cruz! 98 and 100 in SF and Oakland is almost unheard of!
TravisMichelle

Comments

• akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Nope. 74 here.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• 78 here. Cooler than it has been most of the last few months.
    voodoorat
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    guess it's a California thing. what's crazy is that the last few days it's been nice (75-80). then today it hit. guess tomorrow is gonna suck too.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-heat-wave-weekend-20170901-story.html
    Michelle
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I'm on the opposite coast (VA right now), and it's 58° -- colder than NY, crazy weather.

Vasilnate1
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • hotlanta is a comfy 76° (high of 79°, low around 60° tonight), i got no complaints.
    Vasilnate1
  • yeah, were kickin it in the mid to upper 60's in new england, nights in the 50's.  Hoodies and shorts, my favorite outfit, is very appropriate
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 1
    Yeah, my wife just sent me a text showing that it's 110 in Westlake (about 10 minutes from our apartment). I went for a walk at about 5:30 this morning, sun wasn't up yet and it felt like it was probably already about 85-90. It's totally dumb. 107 in Santa Cruz?! That's crazy! 
    ChinaskiMichelle

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

yeah dude, it's up to 109 in SC and i guess 101 in SF which sounds like the apocalypse
    Travisbizmarkiefader
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Worked all morning in the city and hated every minute of it. 100 easy.
    TravisChinaski

• TravisTravis CA
    edited September 1
    Chinaski said:

yeah dude, it's up to 109 in SC and i guess 101 in SF which sounds like the apocalypse

We're a little bit off the coast so I figured you guys would be better off. I'm with you. It's fucking miserable. Cheers to you, whomever invented the air conditioner.
    Chinaski

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

I wonder what the temp is in @Michelle California.
    ChinaskiMichelleTravis

Angie Kritenbrink

• I wonder what the temp is in @Michelle California.

hot :o
    Vasilnate1ChinaskiMichelleTravisakritenbrink
  • MichelleMichelle California
    It's LIKE LIVING ON THE SUN where I am right now.  Humboldt typically ranges between mid-50s to low 70s, and it's currently 87 in the town where my office is located.  I know it's a lot worse in other parts of the state, but that's heatwave status for us up here on the coast.  It's hot AF out there.  Feeling your pain, @Chinaski@Travis, and @WonderedObject.  Triple digits is no bueno.
    TravisChinaskibizmarkiefader
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
    Michelle said:

It's LIKE LIVING ON THE SUN where I am right now.  Humboldt typically ranges between mid-50s to low 70s, and it's currently 87 in the town where my office is located.  I know it's a lot worse in other parts of the state, but that's heatwave status for us up here on the coast.  It's hot AF out there.  Feeling your pain, @Chinaski@Travis, and @WonderedObject.  Triple digits is no bueno.

Do you guys have AC? That's like our weather and while it rarely gets hot, when it does, it's hellacious because we suffer without AC.
    Michelle

Angie Kritenbrink

• BrieanneBrieanne California
    It's 108 in Livermore right now... but predicted to be as hot as 113 tomorrow!!
    Michelle
  • Out in Valencia right now and it's disgustingly hot
    Michelle
    Brieanne said:

i lived in Livermore for a bit. that east bay dry heat!
    Michelle

Michelle said:

Do you guys have AC? That's like our weather and while it rarely gets hot, when it does, it's hellacious because we suffer without AC.
    Not in my office.  I work on the second floor with a warehouse below us, so the heat rises, and there is no internal AC.  We have all of our windows open and every fan on that we can find.  Srsly. Dying.
    Chinaski said:

Brieanne said:

i lived in Livermore for a bit. that east bay dry heat!
    I also used to live in the East Bay (Concord/Walnut Creek area for 20 years, moved back up here in '05) and that heat is seriously killer every summer.  I don't miss it!  
    my office has AC thankfully. time to head out though. to a bar.. with AC
    Michellecdriveakritenbrink
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    You crazy kids and your Fahrenheit. Where I live the summer is very hot and dry - I dread it every year. I am not a sun person. :-(
  • Don't get me started on temperature conversions. We should've converted to the metric system a long time ago, it makes way more sense than our ass-backwards imperial system, but now it's almost cost prohibitive to change everything and we probably won't have a global system of measurement in my lifetime. It's infuriating.
    Dee
  • 79°F ~= 26°C
    60°F ~= 15°C
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Take it from a pro. Crank the AC and take your pants off.
    MichelleTravisKingKobraakritenbrinkMurderbearNoeldavemcb
  • It's hot here on the Central Coast!
    Michelleakritenbrink

cdrive said:

Take it from a pro. Crank the AC and take your pants off.

Dude, I'm home now and trust me... done and done. #tooeffinghot

cdriveakritenbrink
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I've never seen my part of SF get into triple digits, this is unconstitutional. Where is my 60 degree grayness
    akritenbrinkMichelle
  • @bizmarkiefader
    You should bring the Sun to court, imagine the payout if you win.
  • I've never seen my part of SF get into triple digits, this is unconstitutional. Where is my 60 degree grayness

Sorry the NorthEast took it from you.
    Michelle said:

Michelle said:

Not in my office.  I work on the second floor with a warehouse below us, so the heat rises, and there is no internal AC.  We have all of our windows open and every fan on that we can find.  Srsly. Dying.
    Damn, that's serious. I would be out of there.

Michelle

Angie Kritenbrink