Narcos: Season 3

Finished this afternoon. Starts slow, but from Episode 3 onward, it's fantastic. I found it much more compelling than S2. Marin Varuela as Jorge Salcedo, the head of security for the Cali Cartel, give a wonderful performance. I still find Pedro Pascal incredibly dull in the lead role, but the good guys are historically boring on this show. Regardless, a solid season. 
Elisa

Comments

• StoodawgStoodawg Kalamazoo, MI
    There's a season 3? I haven't seen all of season 2 yet but I thought it ended with them killing Pablo?
  • Stoodawg said:

There's a season 3? I haven't seen all of season 2 yet but I thought it ended with them killing Pablo?

Yes, the 3rd season follows the Cali Cartel, one of Pablo's big rivals. The fourth season will be focusing on Mexican cartels. 
    Elisa
  • I'm up to episode 6 and agree with @hypergenesb - starts out really slow, to the point where I thought (not knowing any of the actual history) man, if this entire season is nothing but the Americans bitching about this surrender deal, this is gonna be a chore to watch. But things picked up and I'm really enjoying it now! While I don't care about the cartel bosses and just don't see them as well portrayed as Escobar was, the Jorge character is captivating and superbly acted. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes!
    Elisa
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Watched the first two episodes last night.  After episode 1 I said "Gahhhhh, I'm so glad Narcos is back."  After episode 2 I think I jumped off the couch in a dorked-out double fist pump.  

Cannot wait to watch another episode tonight after watching AHS.  
    Elisa
  • Just finished the season, it's fantastic. When I heard they were going to make a third season I was skeptical of its quality holding up with the Escobar plot finished, but it's every bit as good, can't wait for season 4.
    ElisaPavkey88
  •  I just finished episode three and thought it was pretty good so far - glad to hear it is likely going to get better.   
    Elisa
  • I always forget how awesome the music is in this show. I'll finish this season for that reason alone. Also interested in seeing how bad the Cali Cartel can get.
    Elisa
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Holy shit.  http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/16/narcos-production-scout-found-dead-mexico/  ;

That's sad.  And meta.  But mainly sad.  

Elisadavemcb
  • I didn't think the story would be as good without Pablo even though he was despicable I thought he was a great character in the show. Whilst no 1 character was as big as Pablo in this series I enjoyed it, I always find it interesting when the lead of a show is no longer on it and how it transfers onto other cast members. 

I also wanted more Murphy but thought that Van Ness and Feistl were more suited to the role in Colombia as they spoke Spanish. 

The Cartel members didn't have the same nastiness but that was the point of the Gentlemen of Cali, although David and Chepe were creepy the whole time they were on the screen. Jorge was great the whole way through the season and I really wish there was more from him in the future, I did feel bad for him in the end but then I remembered he was part of an organisation that destroyed so many lives across the world. Whilst he redeemed himself by taking them down in the end he was still a big part of the organisation. 

Pallomari is the most annoying person I have seen on TV in a long time, if I was in the cartel I would have found a new accountant very quickly. 
  • cdrive said:

Holy shit.  http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/16/narcos-production-scout-found-dead-mexico/  ;

That's sad.  And meta.  But mainly sad.  

wow that is crazy, but on brand and of course extremly sad. 
  • Pavkey88Pavkey88 Florida, the home of beautiful beaches and meth addicted face-eaters
    Just binged watch the entire 3 seasons last week. Yeah, I was on the fence for season 3 after the Escabar plot wrapped up, but it turned out to be awesome. Some serious nail-biter episodes! Personally, I think they should have ended it here but I'll definitely tune in for season 4 no matter what
    Elisawasi
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    I loved it!

I was so disappointed after season 2, which I thought was pretty average after an amazing S1 and could only bring myself to watch s3 when I had nothing else to watch then binged the whole thing over two days :) 

Bring on season 4!
    Elisa