Quentin Tarantino Movies

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
had a lovely Labor Day today with some good friends where we discussed quentin tarantino movies over bloody mary's, beers, mimosas, and more beers.. ranking his DIRECTED movies. fun discussion cause no one seemed to agree on the order. how would you guys rank em?
Travis

Comments

• 1. Kill Bill (I count them as one film)
    2. Reservoir Dogs
    3. Pulp Fiction
    4. Django Unchained
    5. The Hateful Eight
    6. Inglorious Basterds
    7. Death Proof
    8. Jackie Brown
    cdrive
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    1. Inglorious Basterds
    2. Jackie Brown
    3. Pulp Fiction
    4. Reservoir Dogs
    5. Kill Bill v1
    6. Death Proof
    7. Kill Bill v2
    8. Django Unchaned
    9. The Hateful Eight
    Is this your homework Larry?
  • 1. Kill Bill
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Inglorious Basterds
    4. Django Unchained
    5. Jackie Brown
    6. Reservoir Dogs
    7. The Hateful Eight

and I haven't seen Death Proof
  • 1. Jackie Brown

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Reservoir Dogs

4. Inglorious Basterds

5. The Hateful Eight

6. Django

7. Kill Bill

8. Death Proof
    Freddy
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    1. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
    2. Jackie Brown
    3. Pulp Fiction
    4. Kill Bill: Vol. 2
    5. Inglourious Basterds
    6. Reservoir Dogs
    7. The Hateful Eight
    8. Django Unchained
    9. Death Proof
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Reservoir Dogs is so hard to pull off. It's like a 12 angry men.

Then I'm going Django

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill, also counting as 1 vision

Inglorious Basterds

Death Proof (wife met him in an Austin hotel elevator during the shooting. Just them two. She was a respectful but gushing fan. He was cool which is so cool to hear)

Hateful Eight

Jackie Brown

From Dusk Till Dawn as an actor
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    love it! like jackie brown, either tops or bottoms lists. and death proof? i find that turbo underrated. kurt russell's performance was so fuckin good
    Frakkin T
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    I always thought Jackie Brown was going to be my fav but some of the scenes from Basterds ie - the intro scene with the farmer and the hiding Jews and the scene with the British soldiers and the German Captain in the pub were unbelievable!
    Chinaski
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Inglorious Basterds

I haven't seen any of the other Tarantino films
    wasi said:

I always thought Jackie Brown was going to be my fav but some of the scenes from Basterds ie - the intro scene with the farmer and the hiding Jews and the scene with the British soldiers and the German Captain in the pub were unbelievable!

Inglorious Basterds is so fuckin good man! one of my favorite theater experiances
    wasi
  • I have such a hard time ranking these as I'm a fan of pretty much all of them. Death Proof is at the bottom for me, though I still like it quite a bit. The top always changes for me though.
    cdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I've only seen like 4 of his movies, so my list is short & sweet:

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Kill Bill
    3. Jackie Brown
    4. Reservoir Dogs

"Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    edited September 5
    @Chinaski finally some love for Death Proof! It wasn't just Kurt Russell either--Rosario Dawson, Vanessa Ferlito, Rose McGowan, Zoe Bell, all killin it.
    Chinaski

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    I loved the first half of the film was all grainy and washed to look old school... 
  • This came up awhile back when the Direct guys did Tarantino so i've linked that, mine is totally different now though.

1)Pulp Fiction
    2)Django
    3)Inglorious Basterds
    4)Reservoir Dogs 
    5)Kill Bill
    6)Hateful Eight 
    7)Jackie Brown 
    8)Death Proof

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    For me

1. Jackie Brown
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill
    4. Reservoir Dogs
    5. Inglourious Basterds
    6. Django Unchained
    7. The Hateful Eight

(Haven't seen Death Proof.)
    Freddy
  • I'm loving how high Jackie Brown is on everyone's lists. For the longest time, I thought I was the only one who had it as my favorite QT flick. That said,

1) Jackie Brown
    2) Kill Bill
    3) Pulp Fiction
    4) Hateful Eight
    5) Inglorious Basterds
    6) Django
    7) Reservoir Dogs

Still haven't seen Death Proof myself.
    Freddy
  • Jackie Brown has always been the odd one out among QT-directed films because it was an adaption of a novel that was written by someone else (Elmore Leonard's Rum Punch).
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    I find this difficult because i havent seen Jackie Brown for so long but i only recently watched Basterds and Django and thought they were on par with each other.

1. Reservior Dogs
    Basterds and Django can share 2 and 3
    4. Pulp Fiction
    5. Kill Bill
    6. Hateful Eight

Havent watched death proof and cant remember Jackie Brown. It will be my project on leave in a few weeks
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    Melanie: You ok?

Louis: Just... gettin' old. Seems I can't smoke all that now without coughing.

Melanie: Coughing's good! It opens up the capillaries. You know, when you cough you're pulling in air, or in this case - smoke, into parts of the lungs that don't normally get used. So, coughing's good, it gets you higher.

Ordell Robbie: Definitely know a lot about that! Look here Louis, I got to run out for a little while so uh, if you like gettin high so much, why don't you hang out here with Mel' n' watch a little TV.

Louis: Way ahead of ya.

Ordell Robbie: See I get high later on when I come back, see I get high at NIGHT, when I get through with all my business.

Jackie Brown... I love this scene <:)
    TaraC73Aww_PHuuCkFreddy
  • 1. Inglourious Basterds
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Reservoir Dogs
    4. Django Unchained
    5. The Hateful Eight

Not seen: Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, Death Proof
    I said, "This is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap. And I do not say that lightly."
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited September 5
    Maybe that's why the interpersonal relationships are more central to the film? If you except vengeance as a relationship, it seems they're most important in Reservoir Dogs and become less important as you move along the Tarantino filmography, except for Jackie Brown.

Jackie Brown has always been the odd one out among QT-directed films because it was an adaption of a novel that was written by someone else (Elmore Leonard's Rum Punch).

• TravisTravis CA
    edited September 5
    Good question... I think it would go like this for me (note that I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds)

1. Kill Bill (consolidated)
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Hateful 8
    5. Jackie Brown (admittedly this is from vague recollection. I haven't seen it in many, many years, and it's quite possible that I am punishing it for that fact)
    6. Reservoir Dogs

7. Death Proof

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

@Travis - check out Inglorious Basterds.. it's pretty damn great.
    TravisdavemcbDaveyMac
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Chinaski said:

@Travis - check out Inglorious Basterds.. it's pretty damn great.

I agree, has some incredible performances in it and is funnier than I thought it would be. 
    Travis
  • Anyone else think that, comparatively, Brad Pitt is the worst actor in Inglorious Basterds ?
    gguenot said:

Anyone else think that, comparatively, Brad Pitt is the worst actor in Inglorious Basterds ?

hmm personally i liked his performance. on par to Leo's in Django. everyone killed it so i can see how you see it as the 'worse'. i just really like Basterds as a whole.
  • Chinaski said:

gguenot said:

Anyone else think that, comparatively, Brad Pitt is the worst actor in Inglorious Basterds ?

hmm personally i liked his performance. on par to Leo's in Django. everyone killed it so i can see how you see it as the 'worse'. i just really like Basterds as a whole.
    I couldn't think of a way to articulate the bottom of the list of good acting-- there, I kinda did it lol. I thought all the actors were great, including Pitt, he was just at the bottom if I had to rank them. But I can't disagree more that he was on par with DiCaprio on Django. Leo was in a whole 'nother league in his role.
    Chinaski
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    gguenot said:

While not a main role, I sorta can't stand Eli Roth chewing up the scenery in the baseball bat moment. 
    i can respect that. i'm a huge Leo fan, i liked what he did but i guess i just wanted more. that's how i felt about Pitt's performance in Basterds. hence comparing them in my book. next i wanna see Depp in a QT role. hey, who know's.. maybe he'll cast him in the Manson flick he's doing.
    gguenot