701 - Election Night

2»

Comments

• Hatorian said:

Personally if the season is all about democrats being victims and republicans being evil it would be pretty disappointing. I'm independent myself and have no affiliation. So I have no cards in the game. It would suck if this is just the creators way to push their own political agenda. But like I said it's only 1 episode and who knows where they go.

I don't see it that way at all. It's the extreme portrayals of each group. It's making "fun" of how crazy BOTH sides got/are. We already knew this season was tied to the election (this was known a long time ago). To me it's more ancommentary of society itself.
    mwspiakElisaalina_mac
  • KingKobra said:

Hatorian said:

Personally if the season is all about democrats being victims and republicans being evil it would be pretty disappointing. I'm independent myself and have no affiliation. So I have no cards in the game. It would suck if this is just the creators way to push their own political agenda. But like I said it's only 1 episode and who knows where they go.

I don't see it that way at all. It's the extreme portrayals of each group. It's making "fun" of how crazy BOTH sides got/are. We already knew this season was tied to the election (this was known a long time ago). To me it's more ancommentary of society itself.
    That's totally fine. It's their show. They can do what the fuck they want. And I'm assuming they have a plan to subvert the stereotypes. But right now my opinion, not that it matters to anyone else but me, is that it's just a totally uninteresting method of storytelling.
    KingKobra
  • Hatorian said:

KingKobra said:

Hatorian said:

That's totally fine. It's their show. They can do what the fuck they want. And I'm assuming they have a plan to subvert the stereotypes. But right now my opinion, not that it matters to anyone else but me, is that it's just a totally uninteresting method of storytelling.
    No, I totally get it (I think). It will def turn a number of people off (like yourself). As it was mentioned earlier, politics overload is not always a good thing.
    HatorianElisa
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    AHS has always been overtly political; it's part of the package that you're going to get a strong and clear progressive message. That's who Ryan Murphy is; it's fine if you don't like it but it's been there all along and we can hardly expect they would tone it down in the Tr**p era.
    Elisa
  • Frakkin T said:

AHS has always been overtly political; it's part of the package that you're going to get a strong and clear progressive message. That's who Ryan Murphy is; it's fine if you don't like it but it's been there all along and we can hardly expect they would tone it down in the Tr**p era.

Yea I haven't watched every season so can't comment on that but if I was the creator of a TV show I'm sure I'd push my own agenda and beliefs as well.
  • @bertnee I was about to say that you may be overblowing the Ivy and Oz plots, but then I remembered it's AHS and who freakin' knows what they'll do.

@Hatorian, I see what you mean. Though the first 15 mins were very entertaining in a shocking or offensive way, if the entire season were like that, I'd lose my suspension of disbelief because AHS might look too much like tv news stations (each side hyperbolizing the other). But I think it switched back into AHS realm when the supermarket became scary because of a creepy clown gang and not just because of some dude in a Trump hat. 

@KingKobra, and @Frakkin T , I agree with you guys too. I want to give the showrunners that benefit of the doubt that they're not just pushing their brand of politics, but rather trying to shine a mirror up to the whole system to show how flawed it is. Most of America is not a hyper-political 20 year old like Kai and Winter. And by showing them together, we the audience can see how far off those stereotypes actually are. 
    HatorianElisa
  • Which alumni do you hope to have a cameo in this season?

Im hoping for actress Connie Britton from Murder House and Jamie Brewer from Murder House/Cover/Freak Show.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Which alumni do you hope to have a cameo in this season?

Im hoping for actress Connie Britton from Murder House and Jamie Brewer from Murder House/Cover/Freak Show.
    This is a good question. And a fun one.  

(#1) Denis O'Hare because RUSSELL EDGINTON & LIZ TAYLOR FOREVAH!!!!
    (#2) Zachary Quinto or (#4) Finn Wittrock for the bat shit crazy serial killer type they both do so well 
    (#3) James Cromwell because Frances Conroy is on the show

ElisaMichelle
  • cdrive said:

Which alumni do you hope to have a cameo in this season?

(#1) Denis O'Hare because RUSSELL EDGINTON & LIZ TAYLOR FOREVAH!!!!

Yes, this!!!  
    cdrive
  • Is it possible that Winter's work on the election was just part of
    whatever plot Kai is hatching? Like she did all this work to infiltrate
    the liberals as a large plot point?

Her transition from "Scared Sensitive Liberal" who needs a trigger warning to Psycho Nanny was just too seamless for me.
    alina_macElisaMichelle
  • I thaught the spoiler section would be after the music?
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited September 2017
    iMatty94 said:

I thaught the spoiler section would be after the music?

There can't much to discuss on a show with no source material and no known leaks
    KingKobra
  • I wonder if Kai and Winter had a deal, if Hillary won, Kai would do what Winter wanted, if Kai won... well, what we saw.

That would explain the emotions they both had. Winter was devastated because she was entering slavery, Kai was exultant because he was gaining a slave.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I was able to filter out the clowns in this episode but I don't know how much more clown shit I can take. SP's character grated on my nerves and I keep thinking Alison Pill (Ivy) is Kristen Bell. As parents, Ivy and Ally are awful, and my god Winter and Evan Peters are awful people!!!! Don't know how I feel about it so far. *plugging along to episode two*
    KingKobraElisa
  • gguenot said:

iMatty94 said:

I thaught the spoiler section would be after the music?

There can't much to discuss on a show with no source material and no known leaks
    Ryan is notorious for letting spoilers out in interviews ;)
    TaraC73