404 - Tonya and Nancy

This episode had it all - Gordon getting pied in the face, Cameron failing at bikes, Cameron failing at trailers, Anna Chlumsky talking enthusiastically about sub-genres of metal. And time jumps upon time jumps - I think we're in 1994 now? Part of me is starting to wonder if the show is going to end in the present day, with all the characters in old-age makeup.

Cameron telling Bos how to fix the algorithm and screwing over Joe and Gordon in the process is definitely going to be the big secret that comes out in a few episodes and upends the season, right? It feels like it.
hypergenesbKingKobra
I said, "This is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap. And I do not say that lightly."

Comments

• Yup. This was bit bucket of oooof. Joe seems healed from the damaged person he once was. But Cameron, she hasn't dealt with her issues. She tried to outrun them in Japan, but nope. The only thing that bothers me about Cameron is that I don't understand her damage. Her emotional landscape is a bit of an enigma. It's going to hurt watching her code bury Joe, Gordon & Haley through the pretense of helping Bos. What's Donna going to do when she learns the truth? 
    "Cucumber water's for closers only."
  • I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before Cam stepped back in the game. Unfortunately she shived Joe and co in the back. Of course her character constantly plays with fire and always seems to want to get burned. Boz her father figure, comes in with the hard luck story and of course Cam comes to fhe rescue. Can actually helped sink the very thing she was railing so hard to keep (for multiple iterations). Not sure there is much Donna can do at this point. She knows what happened, it won't take her long to figure out who. The real question will be if Comet adds the crawler but fronts the site with their "curated" picks.
    hypergenesb
  • Another great episode, if I had to guess Donna will figure this scheme out by the end of next week's episode.
    hypergenesb
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Fantastic episode. But damn, the HACF podcast I listen to? The guy is in a terrible mood but thinks he's being reasonable. #malePMS

I like what @KingKobra said about Cameron enjoying being burned. Like when she touched her hot motorcycle engine...
    KingKobrahypergenesb
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited September 14
    Pleasant surprise to see Anna Chlumsky show up... Although I kept expecting her to go full Amy Brookheimer and start cussing everyone out. Perhaps once everyone finds out that Cam came up with the algorithm that is going to sink Comet.