NFL 2017/18 Chat Thread

amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
Thought I'd start a new thread for the new season.

Happy with my Raiders today, my boy Tavecchio with those clutch kicks!!
Jovial_FalconKingKobra

Comments

• ThomasThomas North Carolina
    Raiders looked good.  The rest of the league has looked pretty sub-par though with the exception of the Lions.  College football is still my #1, but it's great to have NFL Sunday's back!
    Jovial_Falcon
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Romo sounded great! Can't hate the guy since he's no longer in a cowboys uniform.
    Thomasamyja89
  • I have 2 Raiders friends and they were very happy today.

My Packers can barely play as of right now. FF and resulting 1 play TD run is the only good thing so far.

Does anybody else think we should do a weekly thread for each week? I was just thinking by Week 8 or 10 this thread might be HUGE. Just a thought Im throwing out.

I have 2 Raiders friends and they were very happy today.

My Packers can barely play as of right now. FF and resulting 1 play TD run is the only good thing so far.

Does anybody else think we should do a weekly thread for each week? I was just thinking by Week 8 or 10 this thread might be HUGE. Just a thought Im throwing out.

I think that is a good idea!
  • Raiiiidddeeeerrrrrsssssss!!!!
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    i feel bad for A.Ron. his colts will be awful this year and i have a feeling Luck won't play at all this season.
    mwspiak said:

i feel bad for A.Ron. his colts will be awful this year and i have a feeling Luck won't play at all this season.

If only they didn't spend majority of their salary on a QB who is constantly hurt and pretty overrated.
  • Bears 4 chances and 5 inches from fingertips from upsetting the NFC champs. It's a loss but definitely feel better about the Bears this year. The team looked pretty decent.
    Chinaski
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Well I think after week 1, my CHIEFS look like the best team in the league. I know its early, lots will happen and change but allow me to revel in this weeks glory.
    Jovial_FalconDoctor_Nick
  • @kuman07 that was a hell of a game for them.

My Pack's D was on point but our Offense needs to do something.

Refs were not good either. Bunch of missed calls. That ejection didnt seem fair nor the "illegal block in the back" on Rodgers to take away that Pick 6. Just ugly.
    kuman07
  • Chiefs and Raiders looking good. As a Pats fan living in Denver, I like that. 

Not so great is how the Pats looked Thursday night against said Chiefs.  No Edelman means Brady doesn't have his safety blanket, and he could have a down year. I still hold out hope that Belichick will adjust going forward. Luckily they play in the AFC east, so they could lose like 12 more players and probably still win the division.
  • @MrX they've always been good at plugging people in. It's actually quite silly how good it has worked out for them
    MrX
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX

Romo sounded great! Can't hate the guy since he's no longer in a cowboys uniform.

That's my quarterback! I'm glad he's going to be great because I'm a huge Romo fan.

Anyways the Cowboys looked ok in the first half, not so great in the second. Luckily the Giants' offense is trash without Odell and made the Cowboys D look somewhat impressive. I'm going to need to see Dak and Dez improve on their timing though, too many missed chances in the red zone.
  • just one think i want to make sure gets said in this thread:  fuck tom brady.  thanks.
    Jovial_FalconKingKobrahisdudeness915Alkaid13
  • furankafuranka Los Angeles, CA
    Hatorian said:

Bears 4 chances and 5 inches from fingertips from upsetting the NFC champs. It's a loss but definitely feel better about the Bears this year. The team looked pretty decent.

Something Bears-like would've happened (like a missed PAT), and Atlanta would've just won in OT.
    voodoorat said:

just one think i want to make sure gets said in this thread:  fuck tom brady.  thanks.

He had quite a mediocre game on Thursday. I've never really seen him throw that many bad (by Brady standard) passes. No chemistry with Brandin Cooks, Gronk looked old and slow, and Chris Hogan looked like he was still playing lacrosse. All in all, I'm happy.
  • 49ers are still bad. Time to start looking at which QBs are entering the draft this year.
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    edited September 11
    Man, Seattle might well finish with the #1 scoring defense and the #32 offense this year.  We definitely have the worst offensive line.  Brian Baldinger broke down a few plays on twitter:

• I don't really care that much about sports so I'm mostly just here to say fuck Tom Brady in particular and fuck my state's sporting teams in general.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Its crazy to see the empty stadiums in some of the shots but I can understand the Coliseum being empty because the Rams are good awful plus does anyone really care about them in LA. I also heard that the game day experience at the Coliseum sucks because the sun smacks you around all day, maybe the Chargers have the right idea playing in a boutique stadium that only seats 27,000 before the new stadium is built. 

Even though the 49ers are pretty bad it was shocking to see the images of Levi Stadium nearly empty at the start of the second half against a team that has a draw card in Cam. Maybe it was a pretty poor decision to put your stadium an hour and half away from your fan base when your team stinks.
    I don't really thing any team looked too good this weekend.  They all looked flat.  I think next week will give us a better idea though...hopefully.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:

Bears 4 chances and 5 inches from fingertips from upsetting the NFC champs. It's a loss but definitely feel better about the Bears this year. The team looked pretty decent.

i'm still sour over that loss. so close! howard should have made one of those catches on that last drive. the defense i thought played well minus that damn 88 yard TD pass to Hooper. Demps totally bit Jone's bait then got made look like a bigger ass on the stiff arm. ugh, oh well.. i'm at least glad they showed up and gave ATL a game. on to Tampa Bay..
  • davemcb said:

Even though the 49ers are pretty bad it was shocking to see the images of Levi Stadium nearly empty at the start of the second half against a team that has a draw card in Cam. Maybe it was a pretty poor decision to put your stadium an hour and half away from your fan base when your team stinks.

It's also the heat, the sun reflects off the gigantic wall of luxury boxes that are in the shade and that entire side of the stadium has no shade or anything so you just bake. Then they filled the rest of the stadium with swanky bars and places to watch it on TV instead of sitting in your 130 degree seat so people aren't exactly rushing back out after half time. The whole thing is built to cater to Silicon Valley corporate types who aren't going to put up with that, the Candlestick crowd has been priced out and Santa Clara might as well be Jupiter with how transportation is in the bay. Combine all that with how shitty the 49ers are right now and I wouldn't even go with free tickets.
    Freddyamyja89davemcb
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 14
    Who do y'all got for tonight's Thursday Night Football shit show with the Fake Ass Oilers versus the Bengals?  

0-1 vs 0-1, each with 3 nights rest.  Oh and the "heart" of Houston's defense Brian Cushing is on a 10 day suspension for wheezing the juice.  

I want to see good things with DeShaun Watson and see him connect often with Hopkins, but reality is we have the worst OL in the league and they can't block for shit.  

• furankafuranka Los Angeles, CA
    cdrive said:

Who do y'all got for tonight's Thursday Night Football shit show with the Fake Ass Oilers versus the Bengals?  

0-1 vs 0-1, each with 3 nights rest.  Oh and the "heart" of Houston's defense Brian Cushing is on a 10 day suspension for wheezing the juice.  

I want to see good things with DeShaun Watson and see him connect often with Hopkins, but reality is we have the worst OL in the league and they can't block for shit.  

Bengals at home.. should win. But I'm putting money on the Texans to cover +6.
    Chinaski
    cdrive said:

Bengals at home.. should win. But I'm putting money on the Texans to cover +6.

"Putting money" like a metaphor or are you really placing a bet?  Did you know and does it matter to you at all that today is DeShaun Watson's birthday?  And that he is also hanging out with Mia Khalifa? (https://tinyurl.com/ycp4opd8)  Birthday luck or distracted tonight???

Noel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA

davemcb said:

It's also the heat, the sun reflects off the gigantic wall of luxury boxes that are in the shade and that entire side of the stadium has no shade or anything so you just bake. Then they filled the rest of the stadium with swanky bars and places to watch it on TV instead of sitting in your 130 degree seat so people aren't exactly rushing back out after half time. The whole thing is built to cater to Silicon Valley corporate types who aren't going to put up with that, the Candlestick crowd has been priced out and Santa Clara might as well be Jupiter with how transportation is in the bay. Combine all that with how shitty the 49ers are right now and I wouldn't even go with free tickets.
    yeah what he said.. that place is hot mess. like literally. i went to the first ever regular season game there and everything about that place was lousy (side fun fact.. the bears were the first team to win a regular season game there). on hot days (like last sunday) halftime is around when the sun goes turbo and the place turns into an oven on broil. hence the images of the place nearly empty at the start of the second half. so yeah.. that place sucks.
  • Who do y'all got for tonight's Thursday Night Football shit show with the Fake Ass Oilers versus the Bengals?  

The Ringer made a funny fake promo for this crapfest of a game:
    @MrX busted! haha. Ok I saw that and kinda plagiarized off it 
    MrX
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Has there ever been a good Thursday Night Game? The games always seem sloppy even when good or decent teams are playing each other. Its impossible for the league to keep saying they care about players safety and then make their players play again in 3 days. 
    cdrive
  • I'm struggling to think if there's a matchup I could give less of a shit about than Cinci-Houston
    cdrive