Multiple Endings to Season 8 to be filmed

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hbo-will-shoot-multiple-game-of-thrones-endings-to-throw-off-would-be-leakers/ar-AArTjBU

HBO has a big plan in place for throwing off would-be leakers intent on revealing the anticipated ending of "Game of Thrones." As the series heads into production for its eighth and final season, HBO programming president Casey Bloys has now said they plan on filming more than one ending.

Goes inline with some feedback the boys talked about on the S2E1 rewatch podcast.

Comments

• What a waste of money.

HBO needs to just not worry about leaks. This entire season's plot was leaked. It was still the most watched season. Let idiots who want to spoil themselves spoil themselves. 
  • I seriously doubt they would do this. The cost would be prohibitively expensive, and the vast majority of viewers are completely unaware of leaks and spoilers. Only a fraction of the fandom indulges in them, and while HBO might pay lip service to foiling spoiler hounds -- like Kit Harrington claiming that they spent 15 hours filming three fake scenes -- it's only lip service. 
    ElisaGredalBee
  • I seriously doubt they would do this. The cost would be prohibitively expensive, and the vast majority of viewers are completely unaware of leaks and spoilers. Only a fraction of the fandom indulges in them, and while HBO might pay lip service to foiling spoiler hounds -- like Kit Harrington claiming that they spent 15 hours filming three fake scenes -- it's only lip service. 

It does make sense to me. The ending is something they really don't want "out". If they spend "a little" extra money and time filming a few different scenes, it could work. The scenes would never be finished, but filkming may only add a few hours (in the grand scheme of things). The amount of time spent filming is staggering (he Sam montage took ~3 days for that short 2 min bit.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017
    I don't care how they try to mask it.  I know Tyrion is a time traveling fetus.
    KingKobra
  • I'm certainly going to be more vigilant about leaks leading up to the next season.  I was completely caught off guard.

I hope they film and air the multiple endings or plot twists.  Perhaps they can tell the alternate story line from Bran's POV as he green sees events that "could have happened".
  • GredalBee said:

I don't care how they try to mask it.  I know Tyrion is a time traveling fetus.

and he travels in a phone booth with Bill and Ted.
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Bran time traveling in a phone booth. Interesting. Maybe Bran could be the next regeneration on Doctor Who with Bill and Ted as his companions
  • KingKobra said:

I seriously doubt they would do this. The cost would be prohibitively expensive, and the vast majority of viewers are completely unaware of leaks and spoilers. Only a fraction of the fandom indulges in them, and while HBO might pay lip service to foiling spoiler hounds -- like Kit Harrington claiming that they spent 15 hours filming three fake scenes -- it's only lip service. 

It does make sense to me. The ending is something they really don't want "out". If they spend "a little" extra money and time filming a few different scenes, it could work. The scenes would never be finished, but filkming may only add a few hours (in the grand scheme of things). The amount of time spent filming is staggering (he Sam montage took ~3 days for that short 2 min bit.
    Can we like, take the budget we would use to film fake scenes and use it for some goddamn direwolves please.