Canelo vs. GGG

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
really sad outcome to such an amazing fight. the 118-110 judge really pisses me off. guess we'll see a rematch in May. Cinco de Mayo that falls on a Saturday.. how conveniently <eye roll>.

Comments

• No idea what the judge was smoking but must have been some good shit.

GGG walked it for me.
  • Do you think it was corruption and Vegas forcing a rematch? If so, the fighters should agree not to fight again.
  • dolphin said:

Do you think it was corruption and Vegas forcing a rematch? If so, the fighters should agree not to fight again.

Lol, that's a good one. This happens all of the time in boxing (bad scoring). It just helps feed the conspiracy train.

I had GGG winning a close fight. I'm not really "mad" at a draw, I'm more upset at how we got the draw (118-110 Canelo). There is no person outside of Canelo who thought he won by that margin. Everyone I know (including Canelo fans) thought GGG won the fight (even if it was close).
    NoelChinaskiwebswinger
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    aside from the awful decision the fight itself was really good. no hugging, headbutts, lowblows. just a good old fashion boxing match. the lack of bodyshots by GGG may have contributed to some of the lopsided scoring but it was clear as day that he was the agressor and won the fight.
  • furankafuranka Los Angeles, CA
    edited September 2017
    118-110 is atrocious. She had Canelo winning 10 rounds? I had GGG winning 8 rounds to 4, and I could see MAYBE 2 rounds that could go the other way... which yes, is a draw and I would've been content with a scorecard of 115-113 and probably not question the decisions any further. But jeez, even Canelo only thought he won (at least) 7 rounds.

Chinaski said:

aside from the awful decision the fight itself was really good. no hugging, headbutts, lowblows. just a good old fashion boxing match. the lack of bodyshots by GGG may have contributed to some of the lopsided scoring but it was clear as day that he was the agressor and won the fight.

One thing I did notice, however, was that weak cheap shot that Canelo throw behind his back. I thought he was more mature than that. But Canelo looked great when he countered and even when he stood in the middle and traded, but those instances were rare compared to GGG's relentless pace and stalking.

Man.. what a good fight, and I guess I'd love to see the rematch. But I thought GGG deserved this one.
  • I had it 7-5 GGG, but 3 rounds I had a real tough time scoring 1,10 and 7 or 8. I gave two of thouse to GGG so I can see it any where from 7-5 GGG or 7-5 Canelo. Canelo fought the smart fight. He moved almost the whole fight, stopped to throw great power punches. GGG was very cautious in the first 3 rounds and would only jab. I think he was very concerned about Canelos speed, counter punching, and power. In the later rounds he said fuck it and was walking through Canelos power punches. When Canelo stopped moving around the perimeter of the ring and stood toe to toe in the middle he was getting the better of the fight. That being said he he would have fought the whole fight like that GGG would have KO'd him around rd 8-9.
This discussion has been closed.