Vice Principals, S2 (SPOILERS)

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
edited September 20 in Other TV
who shot Gamby?

Comments

• Chinaski said:

who shot Gamby?

My moneys on that snake in the grass Russel, BUT I could see a scenario where Belinda told her husband and then the husband sends someone out to shoot him without her knowing. Taking the series in this direction could end badly because it seems like this basic question has laid the foundation for the entire second season and while I'm sure I'll love the jokes along the way if the ultimate reveal is dumb or doesn't make sense I will be a little disappointed.
  • Pretty cool interview at the end here with Walton G. and Danny M. https://www.acast.com/doinitwithmikesacks/jackhandey-dannymcbride-andwaltongoggins
    Murderbear
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I can't believe Russell got rid of his mid-century C ranch.
    russkelly
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    damn, Belinda Brown's tattoo and Gamby;s reaction alone made the episode...
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    I absolutely love the over-the-top stupidity of this show. Hope the second season is as funny as the first. BTW, my vote for who shot Gamby is Russell's mother in law or someone he got to do it
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited September 20
    Yeah, I feel like it has to be Russell but that seems too obvious. Either he did it or he got someone to do it. The brunette teacher he hooked up with last year had a very crazy look about her in this episode too. It made me think of her in a "If I can't have you, no one can" kind of way.
  • Love this show since I’m a social studies teacher, and it’s so unique because of the weird blend of dark and comedic tones.

Excellent first episode, and I don’t think that Russell was the one that shot him. The weird teacher that has the hots for him is definitely a contender cause she seems twisted.

I hope in some ways Belinda Brown gets her revenge, but it doesn’t have to be via murder (she clearly didn’t do it either).
    that one teacher (Bob i think is his name) that dated Amanda seemed a little shifty evil eye when they showed him this episode. i don't trust that dude.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    So, the cold open scene was kind of odd for this episode, right? Dayshswn stabbed his finger but it didn't seem to matter. We saw him later but he didn't even have a bandage on his finger. The only point of it I guess was to show he was still wearing the same, uncleaned shoes he was wearing when he "rescued" Gamby. But that sure looked like blood splatter and not drips or incidental contact with his blood. Seems a little fishy.
  • So, the cold open scene was kind of odd for this episode, right? Dayshswn stabbed his finger but it didn't seem to matter. We saw him later but he didn't even have a bandage on his finger. The only point of it I guess was to show he was still wearing the same, uncleaned shoes he was wearing when he "rescued" Gamby. But that sure looked like blood splatter and not drips or incidental contact with his blood. Seems a little fishy.

Interesting observation, though honestly that could be explained by him stepping into a puddle of blood and I wouldn't anticipate that this show would utilize such details. On a spoiler note I have closely looked at the trailers and we are going to see belinda brown at least one more time this season, so her story is not over.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited September 28
    @jleav382 God I hope Belinda Brown has a tattoo of PCP somewhere on her body.
    Murderbear
  • I do think it is possible that it will end of being Dayshawn. Seems odd they would show that shoe scene for no reason.
    Murderbearjmoughan
  • This is a little old at this point, but I'm calling that Ray shot Gamby. Ray seems eager to change the subject every time the shooting is brought up, and has definite reason to shoot Gamby. He might have botched the attempt to kill him and nursed him back to health to cover up the fact that he was the shooter.
  • jmoughan said:

This is a little old at this point, but I'm calling that Ray shot Gamby. Ray seems eager to change the subject every time the shooting is brought up, and has definite reason to shoot Gamby. He might have botched the attempt to kill him and nursed him back to health to cover up the fact that he was the shooter.

Do you mean Russel? What definite reason does Ray have to shoot Gamby?
  • jleav382 said:

jmoughan said:

This is a little old at this point, but I'm calling that Ray shot Gamby. Ray seems eager to change the subject every time the shooting is brought up, and has definite reason to shoot Gamby. He might have botched the attempt to kill him and nursed him back to health to cover up the fact that he was the shooter.

Do you mean Russel? What definite reason does Ray have to shoot Gamby?
    Gamby is constantly an asshole to Ray, and he might have harbored a grudge against him. Ray just seems kind of shady so far in Season 2 every time Gamby brings up his shooting.
    because Ray is shady and use to be a cop.. in Fargo! dun! dun! dun!
    jmoughan