Amc doing slow tv

So preacher recently finished it's 2nd season and my god it was so slow. There was like a 4 to 6 episode stretch where the characters stayed in the same place. Why does amc seam to do this with Comic shows? Surely this didn't happen in the comics? As well all know they add non comic story with twd too
darwinfeeshy

Comments

• iMatty94 said:

So preacher recently finished it's 2nd season and my god it was so slow. There was like a 4 to 6 episode stretch where the characters stayed in the same place. Why does amc seam to do this with Comic shows? Surely this didn't happen in the comics? As well all know they add non comic story with twd too

Budget.  It's cheaper to stay in one place and film several episodes there.  Location scouting, securing shooting permits, moving production etc. all cost money.
    darwinfeeshy
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    In the comics, they'd have a stretch of time where they'd be in the same location for a storyline or so. But yeah, I get your frustration, it'd be difficult for them to CONSTANTLY be on the move. Regardless that doesn't remove blame for having slow or boring episodes. 
  • iMatty94 said:

Budget.  It's cheaper to stay in one place and film several episodes there.  Location scouting, securing shooting permits, moving production etc. all cost money.
    Yea. AMC don't like using that money stuff ;)

• In the comics, they'd have a stretch of time where they'd be in the same location for a storyline or so. But yeah, I get your frustration, it'd be difficult for them to CONSTANTLY be on the move. Regardless that doesn't remove blame for having slow or boring episodes. 

Slow doesn't cut it. Jesus christ this season was soo slow. I've also seen absolutely no discussion about this season
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    iMatty94 said:

In the comics, they'd have a stretch of time where they'd be in the same location for a storyline or so. But yeah, I get your frustration, it'd be difficult for them to CONSTANTLY be on the move. Regardless that doesn't remove blame for having slow or boring episodes. 

Slow doesn't cut it. Jesus christ this season was soo slow. I've also seen absolutely no discussion about this season
    Are you on board for season 3? Or are you bailing?
  • iMatty94 said:

Are you on board for season 3? Or are you bailing?
    Still barely on board I still like the characters too
  • I didn't think it was really slow this season and enjoyed most of the Hell/New Orleans setting/episodes. On top of that the saint scenes were also well done. While there were a few lulls, they didn't bother me as much as other shows, since most of it was used to grow character connections or have internal character growth.

AMC really made its home with "drama", not so much action. Heck even TWD is a soap opera with zombies. If you think this is slow stay away from HaCF and Rubicon ;) 2 of my favorite shows on AMC.

To each their own however, I can see how Preaxher may get grating for some folk.
This discussion has been closed.