The Good Place (NBC)

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I could be looking for meaning where there is none and it is just a quirky promo video. But the show plays a bunch with morality, decision-making, and what makes a person good versus complacent. I think you could make an argument that they are trying to say that by just watching a relaxing video of a bunny in a bucket we are ignoring thinking about who put the bunny there, why it is there, whether it wants to be there. In short, it is a pleasant image on the eyes, but there are other hands at work that we are likely choosing to ignore. Or it could just be a video of a quirky bunny in a bucket. 
  • Kitten AND ducklings!!! I wanna eat Huey Duey and Louie...  And FroYo!

• Odd, I wonder why they took down that promo...

ANYWAY - season 3 premiere was tonight!

I loved it. Excited to see more. Not sure if people want to discuss it here, seems like just a few of us are following it?
    Teresa from Concord
  • Just watched this.  Great Episode!  So happy to have this show back.  Ted Danson continues to be the best, and I was super pleased by the final reveal.
    MurderbearFlukesmajjam0770
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Definitely a good season premiere. I'm glad they didn't go the cliche route of Eleanor being jealous of Simone. Also, Ted Danson being an immortal demon who is overly fascinated in trivial Earthly quirks will never not be funny.
  • Play something deeply terrible.....

Yeah, that's the stuff
  • Question for any aussie watchers: Is Simone's accent irritating to you? I find it hard to take. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited September 2018
    Dummy said:
    Question for any aussie watchers: Is Simone's accent irritating to you? I find it hard to take. 
    Yes, it’s a bit much. She’s had a good stab at it, but it’s not really working. She was overdoing the twang. 
    Dummy
  • Dee said:
    Goddamit. I can't go down another theory rabbit hole @Dee. I can't do it. Please. I just can't. 

Ok, maybe they are right because that would explain a lot. Goddamit. Now I have to keep an eye out to see if it holds up. 
    Dee
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I binged the two seasons about a week or so ago to get ready for season three. It really got amazing but I learned something...

I don't trust one god damn thing about this show, and I love it. Maybe they're on earth, maybe they're not? The important thing is, they're together.

And no way we go an entire season without Michael and Janet joining them somehow or them all being together again.
  • Fixed it.

MattyWeaves
  • It was so fun seeing dorky Janet as their waitress. I hated Trevor to the point of not enjoying watching though, and Maya Rudolph started to grate on me too... Loved the restaurant theme though, I wonder if there are any restaurants out there themed like this. Especially loved the manifest destiny kick someone out of their table option :) 
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 2018
    If you buy the Manifest Destiny Package, you can get anyone you want forcibly removed from the table!
    MrXFlukes
  • The whole lesser Hemsworth subplot was pretty great. Only 6'4" and barely has an eight pack!
    majjam0770Travis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    MrX said:
    The whole lesser Hemsworth subplot was pretty great. Only 6'4" and barely has an eight pack!
    I wonder if that’s how Luke feels IRL... 
    majjam0770MrX
  • Biggest plot twist in the show? 

TravisShumMrXMurderbearhisdudeness915Flukes
  • That was a fantastic episode! Jeremy Bearemy had me cracking up!  "The dot over the i broke me."  I love the way this show burns through plot.  Especially after watching Better Call Saul.
    Travis
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2018
    Shum said:
    That was a fantastic episode! Jeremy Bearemy had me cracking up!  "The dot over the i broke me."  I love the way this show burns through plot.  Especially after watching Better Call Saul.

The dot on the "i" just totally breaking Chidi, so good. 

"It's Tuesday, July, and sometimes, never."

I love that this season they're mixing in psychology and Neuroscience and time theories in with the ethical philosophy.

The "we got tacos/married!" part also had me cracking up.

Still holding out hope that the guys binge this show someday and we get to hear their thoughts on it.
    MurderbearShumTravisFlukes
  • Poor Larry Hemsworth.  Guy just can't catch a break.
    TravisFlukes
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Easy Halloween costume. Wear a dress and randomly walk up to people's conversations and say, "Bing."

Travis
  • Here's something really cool that I didn't actually catch on first watch, but someone on Reddit posted about it and then it was confirmed by writer Megan Amram on The Good Place: The Podcast (which is absolutely awesome if you're interested in behind the scenes stuff). There are a few Leftovers easter eggs in The Good Place because they're such big fans. The guy who asks Chidi if he wants "to talk to God" is a direct reference from something that happened with Kevin Sr. in The Leftovers, and that character was named Damon, after Damon Lindelof. Eleanor's birthday is October 14, and the plaque on the wall with Doug Forsett's picture also says October 14. Megan Amran also joked on the podcast about getting hung up on a funny character name that she loved and wanting to cast Justin Theroux in the part. I just love that they put things like that into an already incredibly clever and funny show and I'm going to have to be on the lookout for more references in the future.
    jhparkTravis
  • Just caught the last episode and am I a bad person because I can't get enough of the Jacksonville jokes? I've never had anything against the city before but the jokes from this show kill me. I might be from when in the first season Jason said he went to Lynyrd Skynyrd High School which is three tug boats tied together in a junk yard. That still makes me laugh. This episode's Randy Macho Man Savage Non-International Airport was almost as good, almost.

The actor that played Donkey Doug did an excellent job of copying Jason's speech patterns. 

It seems like such a silly, nothing show but every time an episode ends I wish it wasn't.
    asmallcatMrXFlukesMurderbearTravis
  • edited October 2018
    CapeGabe said:
    Just caught the last episode and am I a bad person because I can't get enough of the Jacksonville jokes? I've never had anything against the city before but the jokes from this show kill me. I might be from when in the first season Jason said he went to Lynyrd Skynyrd High School which is three tug boats tied together in a junk yard. That still makes me laugh. This episode's Randy Macho Man Savage Non-International Airport was almost as good, almost.

The actor that played Donkey Doug did an excellent job of copying Jason's speech patterns. 

It seems like such a silly, nothing show but every time an episode ends I wish it wasn't.
    Yeah, Donkey Doug was some great casting. Looked like he could easily be related, very similar mannerisms, and the "Blake Bortles!" as he ran from the cops had me dying. 

Edit - Also, the whole "You never talk about your dad" "what do you mean, I talk about donkey doug all the time" was one of the funniest lines in a show full of hilarious lines. 
    Travis
  • I loved Janet voicing her own bings. So sad and funny at the same time. 
    FlukesTravis
  • CapeGabe said:
    Just caught the last episode and am I a bad person because I can't get enough of the Jacksonville jokes? I've never had anything against the city before but the jokes from this show kill me. 
    I'm not a native Floridian, but I've lived in Central Florida for most of my adult life and I have to say that the Florida jokes in general just amuse me to no end! They're right up there with this gem from "Atlanta." Watch out for Florida Man.
    CapeGabeTravis
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited November 2018
    Damn Kristen Bell really brought it this episode ... that scene with Michael about why her mom didn't think she was worth changing for :'( .

Loved Andy Daly and all the silly Hooters architecture jokes. 
    Travis