Food You HATE..

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
we often chat about delicious food we enjoy.. what's everyone's 'no thanks!'? 
davemcbTravispavlovsbellAww_PHuuCk

Comments

• davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    broccoli, it has a terrible taste and texture

Coffee is the worst of the worst, the smell and taste makes me ill. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 21
    Fuck avocados. Worst fruit. It's like eating playdoh.
    Aww_PHuuCkCretanBull
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    edited September 21
    Mushrooms. Yuck!
    CretanBull
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Also, seafood. No way, not any day.
    bizmarkiefader
  • Alkaid13 said:

As a temporary self appointed spokesperson for California: you're a monster.
    Travispavlovsbellaberry89ChinaskiMichellejazzminawa
    edited September 21
    @gguenot
    At least I have normal, baby-holding hands.
    gguenotTravis
  • It saddens me to say but I just can't get into 98 percent of Indian cuisine. Shame too because I live in an area that has a lot of good Indian food for those that have a taste for it.
  • edited September 21
    Alkaid13 said:

You're like that guy when everyone wants to order a pizza and you ask if they can order a pie with no cheese.
    gguenotTravis
    edited September 21
    Who orders pizza with no cheese? Isn't that just a flatbread at that point? I'd rather eat pizza with no sauce over pizza with no cheese.
    Travis
  • jtmy92jtmy92 Independence, MO
    I've tried so hard to like Sushi and just can't do it. For some reason the fish/seaweed combo just grosses me out.
    Michelle
  • Have you tried sashimi?
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited September 21
    Funny food. I love funny, and I love food, but I can't stand when the two are mixed together. Get your smiley face breakfast out of here! Same goes for the names for dishes; especially if it has "shit" in the title. "Shit on a shingle"? Great, nothing more appetizing than eating shit; thanks for ruining my appetite, you mouth breathing shit food enthusiast. Oh yeah, and giant/gimmick food. Fuck your "world's biggest" burger, pizza, taco, gyro, etc. And rainbow colored Doritos:
    Other than that, I pretty much love every type of food. Not a big fan of mixing cheese and gravy together in the same dish. That seems weird.
    Travisjazzminawa
  • Sauerkraut. There's part of me that thinks a handful of people are just pretending to like it to troll the rest of us.
    Alkaid13Brawn
  • Fun thread idea, @Chinaski.
    I can't eat eggs, at least not on their own. Basically anything with an egg tasting factor of keesh (not sure how you spell that) or greater, I'm out. That flavor literally makes me sick to my stomach. I remember this one time as a kid when I set my mind to the fact that I would start to eat eggs I took a big bite and ran up to my mom and said "I can eat them now! Look, I'm not sick!" then as soon as the exclamation left my mouth the feeling set in and I threw up in the nearest trash can. It is kind of bizarre though because I'm really into fried rice. I guess that falls right under the threshold, particularly with a little sauce added. Anyhoo, there's mine.

Also, fuck walnuts. Why is everyone always trying to ruin perfectly great baked goods with walnuts (why can't you ever find banana bread without fucking walnuts in it?). They taste like acidic vomit. I'll never get the walnut thing (though I can handle small doses of candied walnuts on a salad or something because something in the candying process mutes all the completely repugnant nature of the walnut just enough to make them passable).
  • edited September 21
    Eggplant. It's 100% the texture, not the taste. I want to love it, so every now and then I force myself to eat it thinking "maybe this time", and I'll say yeah it's not too bad, but I secretly hate it. I don't know why I do this to myself lol.

I'm also weird about eggs -  can't stand to taste it in baked goods, but like them on their own, especially hard-boiled.

Also, cilantro tastes like soap to me.
    Travis
    @Reni The cilantro thing isn't your fault. They've done genetic studies about it. Your shit's broke, that's why it tastes like soap. It's not like the soap taste is preferred by people who like cilantro. It's that their taste buds skip the soap part and get a fresh, crisp flavor in it's place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriander#Flavor_and_aroma
    TravisReniChinaskiAlkaid13
  • Reni said:

Eggplant. It's 100% the texture, not the taste. I want to love it, so every now and then I force myself to eat it thinking "maybe this time", and I'll say yeah it's not too bad, but I secretly hate it. I don't know why I do this to myself lol.

I'm also weird about eggs -  can't stand to taste it in baked goods, but like them on their own, especially hard-boiled.

Also, cilantro tastes like soap to me.

Eggplant is super tricky. The consistency has to be totally on the money or it's trash and it seems like more often than not it just comes out as not firm enough. It can be very good when it's right, but it seems to be wrong far more often than not.
  • Asparagus and squash both make me gag (since I was young). Those are the top most hated.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA

Sauerkraut. There's part of me that thinks a handful of people are just pretending to like it to troll the rest of us.

I think a small minority are pretending not to like it to troll the rest of us
    Reni
    KingKobra said:

Asparagus and squash both make me gag (since I was young). Those are the top most hated.

KingKobra
  • edited September 21
    The one thing I really don't like is raw onions. Whether it's red or white on a burger or a salad, I don't want them. I hate how they leave their taste in my mouth for the rest of the day, even after brushing.

I love grilled/cooked onions, though.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Chicken and turkey -- do not like the taste or texture.

Fast food -- tastes more like chemicals than actual food.

Grapefruit -- too bitter.
  • Steak. I don't see the appeal. 
    edited September 21

Chicken and turkey -- do not like the taste or texture.

Fast food -- tastes more like chemicals than actual food.

Grapefruit -- too bitter.
    Tastes like chemicals? Which ones?

I have extensive experience in food distribution, and I can tell you the food products fast food chains buy are usually of better quality then many "family owned" sit down restaurants

It's the same fundemental product every else orders. Theres only so many food distributors in most markets that only buy from the same group of farms. In my area it's all QCD, Mclane, Sysco, and FSA and they all stock the same products.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I have a hard pass on two foods: eggs and mushrooms. *gag*
    Travis
    TaraC73 said:

I have a hard pass on two foods: eggs and mushrooms. *gag*

I can't eat mushrooms, I get severely sick when I eat them. Which is a shame because I like them.

TaraC73
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Raw tomatoes.  I LOOOVE love cooked tomatoes because they get sweet and savory. But raw tomatoes just taste like dirt to me. I try over and over again to eat them - my tongue is just not having it. But your taste's do change as you get older - so I'll keep trying! :)

MichelleSheenVT
    Alkaid13 said:

Dude, Avacados are amazing.

As a precursor to my planned vacation to Chile next year I've been reading up on local history and culture and recreating Chilean cuisine at home, and it's heavy in Avacado, Avacado is a staple down there and it's present in so many dishes, and until I got this idea I was going to visit I didn't think I liked avacados but as I've been preparing more dishes in them I like them more and more
    Aww_PHuuCk
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @emnofseattle  I'm not sure what you mean by "'family owned' sit down restaurants." My point of comparison is to home-prepared food, or a burger from a good bistro. I wasn't raised on fast food -- I didn't try a Big Mac until I was teenager, so it all just tastes weird, and the fries are often slightly acrid to me. Shake Shack is okay, though.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    I like all foods, and I am the type who will go into a place and just order whatever even if I don't know what it is. But sometimes Korean food doesn't work for me, especially kimchee, mainly if I have PMS or my period. Something about the smell bothers me a lot during those times.
    TaraC73