Blood, Sweat, and Pixels

I'm not at all a gamer but I listen to the Deadspin podcast "Deadcast" and this week the guest was a guy named Jason Schreier, the news editor of Kotaku, who recently wrote a book called Blood, Sweat, and Pixels and the discussion they had on how crazy the process is on how video games get made was really interesting to me. I'm considering buying the book.

Apparently it started with a chronicle of the Messy, True Story Behind the Making of Destiny that he wrote in 2015. The book covers 10 different video games and how they came to be. Has anyone heard of this? Or read it? 

GQ review for more background

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Jason was on the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show a week or two ago talking about this book and it sounds great! I am definitely way into video games and some of those stories seem pretty fascinating!

I'd especially love to know his insights about how CD Project Red made the Witcher 3. Those are some crazy Polish bastards and I live everything they make. I'm glad you reminded me of this. I've got some Audible credits and this might have to be my next pickup.