406 - A Connection Is Made

A great episode, although it brought most of the characters to low places (poor Bos). Some great parenting fails by both Gordon ("firing" your daughter from the company, then failing to notice the real reason she keeps going to that restaurant even when Joe tries to subtly point it out) and Donna (giving your daughter great life advice, then drunkenly repeating it almost word for word the next day). Also, Gordon picking up Donna after her drunk driving incident is a mirror of how they were introduced in the very first episode of season 1. You know things have gotten bad for everyone when Joe is starting to look like one of the most stable, put together characters in the series.

There are only four episodes left, and this is the first time this season where it's really started to feel like we're heading towards an ending, although I have no idea what it will look like. Either way, I'm going to miss this show when it's done.

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Donna will definitely make up with Cameron. They nearly did it this episode, hence the necessity of an interruption (the MCI truck).

My heart ached after the Haley stuff. The thing where everyone thought she was acting strangely, where she would sob but explain nothing, where she's uninterested in friends at school... all these things everyone just ignored. But Joe? It takes one to know one, and not all of us were lucky enough to have someone like Joe cluing our parents in. Oh, I cried a fair bit after the show last night. It brought back a lot of unpleasant memories of feeling like an alien. I keep thinking of Pilgrim.

I'm so glad Donna didn't die in a car wreck, lol.
    hypergenesbKingKobra
  • The overall scene was kind of heavy but I laughed when Gordon tried to slam the door but it just gently closed.
    JaimieTSomeBiscuit
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited September 2017
    Relationship failures abound in this episode, parental, professional, friendly, romatic. Damn I love this show, gonna be sad when it's gone. Joe has changed a lot as a character since season 1, it's kind of impressive, I used to really hate him in the beginnings.
    hypergenesb
  • Another excellent episode. This show always seems to do best with the character struggle/relationships. From Donna stepping off into the void after getting knocked down a few times to Gordan realizing he may not know his daughter as well as he thought. So far this season has really been hitting on all cylinders.
    JaimieT