Castle Rock series (Stephen King + JJ Abrams) on Hulu

Anyone excited about this upcoming series? It's going to be a series covering many different Stephen King stories. The teaser trailer mentions titles of and characters from a number of Stephen King novels, including: It, Dolores Claiborne, Needful Things, 'Salem's Lot, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, Dreamcatcher, Night Shift, The Green Mile, Misery, Hearts in Atlantis, The Shining, The Mangler, Four past Midnight, Different Seasons, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, and The Night Flier.

Bill Skarsgård is in the cast and they haven't officially released the name of his character, like they have with the other actors. Although they specifically spell out PENNYWISE as a character in the teaser trailer with a laughing clown voice. 

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    I am excited but scared - I have been really unimpressed with other King TV adaptations (Under The Dome, 11.22.63, Mr Mercedes) so far. I hope this is better.
    Elisa
  • I'm excited for this as well. Under The Dome was awful but I thought 11.22.63. was good and I dig Mr. Mercedes (haven't read the book though). Either way it can't be worse than The Mist, my god what a terrible show. They can be really hit or miss with King. But I trust JJ and I'll definitely check it out!
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Def checking it out.
    Reni
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, I a very excited about this. King's stories are so crazily intertwined that they could do some really fun things with this. 
  • edited October 9
    And the trailer is here! Looks awesome. Love all the actors featured I spotted, too. Can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3U7Z94NHgg

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Reni said:

And the trailer is here! Looks awesome. Love all the actors featured I spotted, too. Can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3U7Z94NHgg

The Shawshank sticker hooked me.
    Reni

• The Shawshank sticker hooked me.

Yeah, I guess the more King books/stories you've read, the more enjoyable this will be as it will likely be a gigantic Easter egg hunt full of references. At the same time I suppose the stories will be entertaining enough for someone who never read a single book from him. I consider myself to be in the middle of that scale.