General Video Games Discussion

Thought I'd start a general video game discussion thread. Any comments, questions or just general thoughts on games. Let's have fun!

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I'm still playing the new Crash Bandicoot. It's still hella hard. I'm still having tantrums. ;-P
    iMatty94
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Destiny 2 is all I've spared time for lately. As far as upcoming games I'm excited about, now that Destiny 2 is a reality, the next big one I'm waiting on is Red Dead Redemption 2.
    iMatty94
  • edited September 2017
    I've been working towards the plat on Everybody's Golf (PS4) but I'm starting to get burnt out. There are some BS trophies on there......

Other than that I've been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and anxiously waiting for Mario Odyssey to come out. I've also been intermittently working towards the plat on Patapon. It's a pretty fun "drop in and play for a few minutes" game.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I got the necromancer add on too Diablo 3. It is kinda over powered and kicks ass. I like it more than the Templar/Crusader.
  • Feel like this is kind of similar to the "what ya playing" thread but whatever this can be the new one with game news in it as well.
  • Playing some Metroid games until Odyssey comes out.
  • Here's a topic I found interesting re: game franchises today. How long are certain franchises sustainable and why? Let's pare this down into one to start with: do you expect there wil be a new Mario game every year through 2050 and why?
  • Should of mentioned I'll be using this thread for my games podcast. So you can hear me and Robert discuss all this on Sundays.
  • But some interesting conversation so far
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Been playing a ton of Elite Dangerous for PS4. It's probably super boring to a lot of people but I love it. I don't even fight anyone. I just run passenger missions and the occasional courier missions and make my money that way. There is no real end to the game. You can just do whatever you want and it's a blast.

I'm also playing the heck out of Just Cause 3. It was last month's free PSN game. It's a ton of fun but technically, it's a mess at times. It's glitchy and just feels like it's held together with straw and wishes. But you can do some of the most fun things ever in a video game so I can live with it.
    DaveyMac
  • Samus Returns is a real good Metroid game. As is Fusion.
    Aww_PHuuCk
  • Alkaid13 said:

Here's a topic I found interesting re: game franchises today. How long are certain franchises sustainable and why? Let's pare this down into one to start with: do you expect there wil be a new Mario game every year through 2050 and why?

I think Mario will be around far into the future.

I don't think there's gonna be a flagship title every year, though (nor has there been in the past).
  • Finished Fusion and Zero Mission. Now on to Super Metroid.
  • I’m really hooked on Hollow Knight at the moment. Cool, interesting world and well-designed to keep you playing and discovering. I also dig the boss design.
    iMatty94
  • I really want that SNES classic cause I never had one as a kid and a lot of those games are huge blind spots for me, save Link to the Past which is one my favorite games ever. A legit way to play those games on a TV would be great.

Lately when I'm not playing Battlegrounds I keep playing through XCOM Enemy Unknown over and over waiting for Destiny 2, Wolfenstein, and Mario which all come out between 10/24 and 10/27. This is going to be an incredible holiday season.
    DaveyMac
  • Currently jacked my boo's 3DS and playing the Metroid II remake and thus far is a damn fine game.

About 3 weeks ago finished playing Yakuza 0 and my golly. It's the first Yakuza game I've played and I was hooked like I hadn't been for a good while. Now any further installments are on my radar. Has anyone in here played this game? If @Jim or @A_Ron_Hubbard have a PS4 I'd be really curious to see what their opinion is if they play it because while it is a crime/beat-em-up game, it's also a very bizarre game that led to some real "lol" moments in my household.