You are spoiling Game of Thrones in your season 2 podcast

You said on the cast, 2 weeks in a row, that Dany loses her dragons. I know the "where are my dragons" thing is funny to you guys but like, I told my friend who is watching the show for the first time to listen to u guys now idk if I can tell him to.

I thought you guys wanted these to stand the test of time? But if you're spoiling the climax of season Dany's season 2 story regularly idk how it can do that...

Comments

• whoops.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    They do this all the time on rewatches, then when people call them out for it, they say they don't care that much about spoilers. So if your friend wants to remain unspoiled, they should probably just avoid the rewatch podcasts. 
  • @akritenbrink I just think it's peculiar that they are willing to spoil Dany losing her dragons but they were hesitant to mention that the sand snakes or dorne exist because "spoilers"
    Tom_A said:

@akritenbrink I just think it's peculiar that they are willing to spoil Dany losing her dragons but they were hesitant to mention that the sand snakes or dorne exist because "spoilers"

They are quirky dudes sometimes! 
  • SHAME *ding ding ding*

MurderbearTaraC73MichelleMelonusk
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    It's a pretty vague spoiler. Dragons fly off sometimes.
    phoenyx1023
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah... that's fair.  I guess the where is my dragons count should be in the Spoiler section.  We'll fix it in the archives and going forward.  Thanks for the heads up.
    TravisJNoJowebswinger
  • i didnt mean to come off as a dick either, just saying that it's definitely a big spoiler for those who havent seen the show haha @A_Ron_Hubbard ;

• What a dick ;)
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Wait she loses her dragons? Last I checked, she still had two...
    TxSandManMichelleMelonusk
  • I love the rewatch podcasts. Particularly the heroic attempts by Jim and Aron to speculate about what's going to happen whilst actually knowing what's about to happen.

The point for this thread is: give them a break! You are listening to a rewatch podcast by people who have seen the whole show. They would have to have an inhumanly detailed memory of when they learned all the facts about the show in order to be able to keep it spoiler free. its impossible - just like it's impossible that anyone can successfully speculate about what's going to happen in episodes of a show they've already seen.
    phoenyx1023Michelleweeniegirl
    I definitely meant to come off like a dick... Jk

It's kind of an impossible thing they're doing, but they keep doing it, and people must listen to it. I just wouldn't advise people to expect it to be the same as a podcast that was taped right after watching an episode. This topic has come up before and I'm sure it will again!
    Michelle
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    It's kind of bizarre how the original podcasts are just... gone. A phenomenon rarely encountered now. It's like I imagined them.
    Jovial_FalconKingKobra
  • JaimieT said:

It's kind of bizarre how the original podcasts are just... gone. A phenomenon rarely encountered now. It's like I imagined them.

When it was called The Night's Watch?  I found them last year on the interwebs and downloaded them.
    JaimieT
    I'm hoping this becomes a Berenstein bears thing where people just aren't quite sure if there was an original host or not.
    KingKobraJovial_FalconMichelleTravisweeniegirl
  • CoryCory New Scotland

I'm hoping this becomes a Berenstein bears thing where people just aren't quite sure if there was an original host or not.

Isn't Delores the original host?
    Murderbearbudesigns
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

You mean Berenstain, right? 
    Murderbearhisdudeness915gguenotpavlovsbellMichelleTravisA_Ron_Hubbard
  • The gold made it behind the gates of Kings Landing
    MurderbearJovial_Falconhisdudeness915Michelle
  • edited October 1
    gguenot said:

The gold made it behind the gates of Kings Landing

"Where are our dragons?!" should be the slogan of the iron banks collection department.
    gguenot
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY

I like how @A_Ron_Hubbard accuses the fandom of experiencing the Mandela Effect by "misremembering" Ned Stark saying, "Winter is coming," when in fact Ned said it twice in the first episode entitled -- wait for it -- "Winter is Coming."  ;)
    Murderbear
  • it was the “Brace yourselves, winter is coming” that ARon said wasn’t actually said by Ned Stark
    edited October 1
    gguenot said:

it was the “Brace yourselves, winter is coming” that ARon said wasn’t actually said by Ned Stark

Wtf would think that? 

EDIT: Just listened to that part again. I thought he was telling Jim to brace himself because Ned never said, "Winter is coming." Drawing an analogy between viewers misremembering a line of dialogue and non-viewers assuming dialogue from a meme confused me.
  • Yea isn’t “brace yourself” a semi-modern term? It would really strange if he said that lol
  • Listening to the latest season 2 podcast, I thought an interesting question was asked in the spoilore part of the podcast.  Why did Olenna Tyrell agree to back Renly?  Can't say I ever really thought about this before but I guess I just always assumed that since Loras was having a real relationship with Renly that this was the chief reason House Tyrell went with Renly Baratheon.  Particularly when you factor in that Joffrey was betrothed to Sansa at the time so it made more sense to side with Renly and have Maegary marry him to hopefully become the eventual queen.
    Yep, and like I said, had not Stannis magically pulled a shadow assassin out of Mel's ice and fire Renly would have handily won.  Probably wouldn't have been able to reunite the North, but I don't think Renly would much care so long as there were friendly relations.
  • I seem to remember hearing some book analysis saying that Littlefinger was involved in the Tyrells backing Renly, or I could be making that up. 
    In the books, they were already allied with Renly with a dubious scheme to have Robert "put aside" Cersei and marry Margaery. When Robert kicked it before they could implement the plan, they pushed Renly's claim.