704 - 11/9

Director: Gwyneth Horder-Payton
Writer: John J. Gray

KingKobra

Comments

• Interesting too see how Kai recruited his group. Everyone is starting to getried together. I'm sorry @A_Ron_Hubbard this episode almost sealed it for me that Ivy is in on it. Ivy didn't mention knowing Winter from before the election, not even after she saw the video. She set the password to "clowns", Ally voted for Stein when we saw her "pledge" not to. Winter I am guessing brought Ivy "in".
    ElisaTravis
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Ivy is definitely on the dark side. Kai recruits everyone regardless of political affiliation. It's all about the disenfranchised. Who hasn't drank the kool-aid? Election night was kinda surreal.
  • Good Guy Kai, getting people to join hands across the aisle despite their differences
    Elisa
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Loved Chaz Bono in this episode, and I also loved the visualised metaphor of ignorant Trump voters being so enraged by the thought of a woman running the country that they would do anything to vote against it even though it might massively harm them in the long run! This dickhead physically cut his arm off, but in the real world I'm sure millions of Trump voters are going to be harmed by policy changes that they didn't even consider beforehand.

Ivy has now suddenly become infinitely more interesting to me, perhaps she started up a thing with Winter before the Ally bathtub incident, which would make her reaction to seeing the video last week much more complex.
    BlanchElisaalina_mac
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I thought this was the first actually bad episode of AHS.  It was very TWDish, "conceal a pretty uninteresting and unlikely plot with multiple parallel flashbacks" kind of thing. 

Everyone of Kai's recruits was a sure thing huh?  Nobody had remorse? Not one person?
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 28
    @A_Ron_Hubbard I was thinking the same thing when Kai was recruiting Beverly (the reporter) - she so blindly and easily bought what he was selling her.  Why didn't she respond like a person with a logical head on her shoulders (which is how I had initially thought of her) and be like, "you're fucking nuts, this is crazy, I'm outta here".  I didn't think she had been pushed over the edge THAT FAR enough to be like "ok, let's murder us some assholes".   It was just too easy.  Same with Harrison.  Or, Murphy is trying to show us this exact thing - how ridiculous it is that people fall so easily for these cult leaders words and influence, so much that they don't even question the sanity of the whole thing - and also, how these cult leaders develop this mania and this belief that they are a god of some sort and that everyone should follow them and follow their words and instruction if they want their lives to be better.  Actually, that said, I have a feeling that's what the intent is, but it was all just a little toooooooo easy.

All of that said, I liked that we did get a few answers:

• The clowns are definitely real
    • Ivy and Winter previously knew each other - in fact, Ivy probably had a side arrangement with Winter to apply to be their nanny and to gaslight Ally
    • Meadow created the designs for the clown masks
    • Kai is in charge of the clowns (he told Meadow "we need these" when she showed him her sketches of the masks)
    • Kai created the happy face symbol (with the missing nose) - evident when it was shown in the steamy glass in the steam room door at the gym
    • Harrison and Meadow are definitely in the cult
    • Harrison and Meadow so easily bought their house across the street from Ally and Ivy after the owner was most likely 'influenced' (i.e. threatened with bodily harm or actually had bodily harm inflicted on them) by Kai or someone in the cult (Harrison had told him about them being evicted and foreclosed on, so it makes sense that Kai would want to make it easy for them to find a new house)

Now all we need is to see a flashback to when Vincent (the therapist) met Kai and became part of the cult, because I truly believe he is in on it too.

ElisaBrawnalina_mac
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles

I thought this was the first actually bad episode of AHS.  It was very TWDish, "conceal a pretty uninteresting and unlikely plot with multiple parallel flashbacks" kind of thing. 

Everyone of Kai's recruits was a sure thing huh?  Nobody had remorse? Not one person?
    LOL this is Ryan Murphy we are talking about, but yes, there probably should have been one person that did not drink the kool-aid.
  • a few loose ends that keep me from accepting this story.
    1) snow. there is piles of snow in some scenes in "real time" yet all the trees and flowers are in Summer Form - Michigan has leaves and flowers from very late April to late September. and piles of snow from late November to Early Feb...so what land is this with snow and July foliage....let alone ACTIVE BEES and snow. Furthermore, from election day - Feb, there should be TONS of snow and winter coats and hats and boots and no one outside and shoveling.....
    2) HIVE MIND, so this show has the bees. this is the hive mind idea, we all work as a team like bees with 1 queen or blue haired king. the cult is like a hive
    3) CLOWNS . so this isn't an irrational fear of clowns. how does film exist of a new anchor in Michigan (who wears a winter coat year round and is probably a high level local celebrity) die on camera and didn't Beverly say she saw the video? there should be an APB on murdering clowns on every channel ESPECIALLY anchor back to you Jims channel making all this Clown talk that talk of the town, no pun intended.

this show keeps being unbelievable to a point that it is beyond distracting. these are little plot pieces a 10 year old wouldn't miss in a what I did over summer essay.
    Elisa
  • I thought this was the first actually bad episode of AHS.  It was very TWDish, "conceal a pretty uninteresting and unlikely plot with multiple parallel flashbacks" kind of thing. 

Is the podcast now Fridays?
    It's as soon as I can get it out. It is heavily influenced by Cecily's job schedule. I shoot for Thursday afternoon, but sometimes we don't even record it until Friday early morning.
    MichelleKingKobraElisaiMatty94
  • MichelleMichelle California
    @A_Ron_Hubbard I think we're all just grateful to you both for still continuing to cover this show given Cecily's schedule.  Thanks for that!
    CecilyKingKobraElisaTravis
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    I'd like to do a dramatic reading of an email that I received recently.  *clinks glass* *clears throat*

I forgot to get back to you guys for this weeks episode about wanting the clown to be referred to as Dick nose the clown. You guys honestly are both kind of right. I was just going off the name of past famous clowns like Bozo the clown or zippo the clown so I thought it would be funny to call that clown dick nose the clown. However it is also mostly an inside joke between my fiancé and I that we just say that name during the show to make each other laugh. So congrats A.Ron and Cecily, you’re both somewhat right 

...this world does not deserve me
    KingKobraMichelleTravis
  • edited September 29
    Michelle said:

@A_Ron_Hubbard I think we're all just grateful to you both for still continuing to cover this show given Cecily's schedule.  Thanks for that!

Not a problem. And thanks from the great coverage :). Also I like to watch the episode and go straight into the podcast
    Boris Carolla still makes me laugh.
    CecilyTravis
  • BlanchBlanch Tempe, Az
    edited October 2
    Hate to give dry pie, totes not Ann Arbor! I grew up there and it is not even close! I do feel there is a personal element here that makes me want to defend a state I have not lived in for 15 years!

Also, speaking of Russell Edgington, could he be the three penis clown???
    alina_mac
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    Michelle said:

• Harrison and Meadow so easily bought their house across the street from Ally and Ivy after the owner was most likely 'influenced'...

@Michelle The Cult killed the Changs, who were the previous owners. 
    Elisa
    YENDRED said:

there should be an APB on murdering clowns on every channel ...

@YENDRED We learned in "Neighbors from Hell" that the lead detective, aka "platinum hair," is close with Harrison and is likely in the cult too. And now that Beverly the Reporter is in on it, the cult can really control the narrative of the killer clowns. 
    Elisa
    I loved this episode. I approve any episode that can make me scream, and I did during the killings and dismemberments. I love the character of Kai and watching him manipulate each person. @A_Ron_Hubbard ;:  Kai is as smart as he says he is, because he can convince people to kill, maim and cover up crimes without any remorse.And for the first time ever, I actually enjoy watching Evan Peters! haha 
    Elisa