Game of Thrones Season 8 budget revealed

Variety revealed that each S8 episode will cost HBO $15 million. 

For comparison, S6 was marked at $10 million per episode, at least. S7 may have cost around $100 million too, but spread among fewer episodes. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-season-8-budget-revealed/

Comments

• They'll probably more than make it up in returns. At least HBO is willing to put up some cash for their most successful property. *cough* AMC *cough*
  • I bet we won't get any on that money spent on some dire wolves though.
    Elisa
  • Considering these are supposed to be close to movie length, that isn't really that much more money. Probably not enough to see my direwolf flying on a dragon and battling a dozen giants using wights as clubs shot I always wanted. 
    MurderbearElisa
  • How many Ghost sightings will we get next season? I vote for 2.
    Elisa
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Alkaid13 said:

I bet we won't get any on that money spent on some dire wolves though.

I'll never forgive them if Ghost doesn't show up again
  • He'll show up and die in the same scene. The final GoT "fuck you" to direwolves.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited September 2017
    @Dummy Ouch... Sounds to me like Cersei should have said "...20,000 men, horses, and a single elephant, I believe."
    Dummy
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    Alkaid13 said:

He'll show up and die in the same scene. The final GoT "fuck you" to direwolves.

There was definitely a part of me that was hoping they'd kill off Gendry in the trek north of the wall, just because it would be such an enormous "fuck you".

Like-- hey fans, you know all those "Gendry must be great at rowing by now" jokes you've been making for 4 years?  Well guess, what-- you can stop now cuz he's dead.
    budesigns
  • Gendry could also die next season, right before reuniting with Arya just to twist the knife.