Jeepers Creepers 3 Spoilers.

sean.raysean.ray Texas
edited September 27 in Movies
I got to see this last night as a Fathom Event. Pretty awesome if you are a fan of the original 2. It takes place in between 1 and 2, and gives some key background to the creeper. and Trish is only in a flash forward at the very end. But they set up a (hopeful) final fourth entry.

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Yeah, fuck this movie. Fuck the first two, fuck Powder, and fuck all the rest of Victor Salva's filmography while we're at it. Seriously, his whole catalog should be on a "Baldmove banned from commissions" list.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited September 28
    Freddy said:

Yeah, fuck this movie. Fuck the first two, fuck Powder, and fuck all the rest of Victor Salva's filmography while we're at it. Seriously, his whole catalog should be on a "Baldmove banned from commissions" list.

The first Jeepers Creepers was an excellent movie for what it was. It had a good pace, and the monster was absolutely terrifying, and the use of that song was perfect. 

I've certainly seen worse horror flicks. 
  • Freddy said:

The first Jeepers Creepers was an excellent movie for what it was. It had a good pace, and the monster was absolutely terrifying, and the use of that song was perfect. 

I've certainly seen worse horror flicks. 
    Agreed, I enjoyed the first one for sure.  The second lost a lot the vibe entirely and I'm sure the third will be along the same lines since they can't put the genie back in the bottle 
  • edited September 28
    Yeah, you guys should take a quick peak at the director's wikipedia page.  I think that's what @Freddy is referring to.  I'm in agreement, fuck those movies and cancer of the eyes to him as a person.
    Freddy
    edited September 28
    @GredalBee Oh no, it's just that his movies suck.

Seriously though, a lot of great artists (Salva isn't great, but he's still an artist) have done some really awful shit. Roman Polanski comes to mind. It could be argued that it's harder to dismiss the Chinatown guy since, well, it's Chinatown. I think it's safe to say Salva isn't in any danger of having his movies preserved by the Library of Congress. Does that even matter? I don't know. At what point does a piece of art transcend the artist? I know that if the best restaurant in my town was owned by a child molester, I wouldn't eat there. But that's just a local business. Movies are one of a kind for the most part and really can't be reproduced. That being said, the only other justification for a movie like Chinatown is that at least it was made several years before Polanski definitely sodomized that child.
    Not trying to shit on your thread @sean.ray , by the way. I watched the first Jeepers Creepers, and remembered liking it for what it was. And Powder is an interesting and perfectly watchable movie. I definitely can't fault anyone for liking a movie despite the history of the guy who made it.
  • Yeah I should say- I completely condemn his past. Just like I condemn Polanski's past, but I do think it is okay to seperate the artist from the art. I mean, am I suppose to feel guilty while watching Chinatown? Because I don't. I love the film. But, I certainly respect anyone who can't look past the filmmaker's horrible past.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Yeah I couldn't tell you anything about the director before this thread. I mean by the logic though I couldn't enjoy Ferris Buellers day off since the dean of students actor was a creeper
  • The first one really got to me in my youth as a horror fan so I still get creeped out by that one. I've essentially come to understand that sometimes you just have to divorce a work of art or entertainment from the creator if you're ever going to enjoy it. It doesn't always work, especially if the work is trying to pass off something not great as a message, but it's helped me to still enjoy some of the things I used to like while also disagreeing with the people who made them.
    GredalBee
  • I think you just have to be careful to admire the work while acknowledging that the creator has faults and isn't absolved of those faults just because they created something you enjoy. Terrible people throughout history have stumbled across some useful things, Napoleon's scientists helped discover the Rosetta Stone but that doesn't make Napoleon a great guy.
    GredalBeejazzminawa
  • Alternatively you can always pirate films if you don't want to give their creators any money. I'm kind of fine with that personally.
  • Oh, lol.  Freddy was like, "fuck this, fuck him, and fuck his career", which sounded like a visceral reaction to the terrible things that director had done.  I didn't interpret that post as "meh, he makes bad films."