The NHL is BACK 2017/2018 Season

I am a day early but I AM PUMPED.

My Avs won't play until Thursday @ Rangers but I love this time of year.

My Avs also need to get off to a great start. Last year was.... well nevermind.

Enjoy the Season my Bald Move Hockey Family.
Flukes

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    This is going to look strange with my byline but..

Let's go Oilers, Let's go! *clap clap*

Needless to say, I completely understand your pain. I sincerely hope the Avs step back toward respectability this year. Feel free to finish ahead of Calgary. :D
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Prediction - Washington Capitals under achieve again.
    Jovial_FalconUnderwoodGredalBee
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Let’s go bruins! Woot woot!!
    Jovial_FalconGredalBee
  • tom_g said:

Prediction - Washington Capitals under achieve again.

Bold!  Haha!
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited October 4
    Flukes said:

Needless to say, I completely understand your pain. I sincerely hope the Avs step back toward respectability this year. Feel free to finish ahead of Calgary. :D
    You lookin' to get kicked out of Calgary? :D  I should add that I'm a Habs fan living in Toronto (but was born and raised in Montreal!)
  • Go Wings! Let the rebuilding begin....
  • GO Jerts GO!!!

Derp
    GredalBee
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited October 4
    Hawks! Saad is back and debrincat looks like he might be a stud.
  • Hatorian said:

Hawks! Saad is back and debrincat looks like he might be a stud.

He was great as a jr...he does so many things well that even if he isn't a big scorer at the NHL level he'll still be a useful player.
    Hatorian
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Lets go Flyers!

We have a bunch of rookies this season, including number two overall pick Nolan Patrick. Cautiously optimistic about this season.
  • edited October 5
    Leave it to the Canes to do some wacky co-captain thing, but I don't mind because it suggests Faulk/Staal should be around for several more years.  With the blue line depth, Faulk is always in some kind of trade rumors at the deadline, but maybe not so much now with a fresh "C" on his jersey.

Williams was very productive in the pre-season.  I don't like that a 36 year old was a top scorer on the team, but he should definitely help once Skinner, Aho, and Lindholm get going.  My pre-season prediction is 98 points for the team and me getting a coach class ticket to Raleigh for the playoffs!
  • Isles lead the middle of the pack!  Go team Go! :)
  • Hawks looking downright scary so far. 15 goals in 2 games. Kaner looking like he wants his Art Ross and Hart trophies back while Saad has 4 goals and making people say Artemi who???
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Flukes said:

They'll hang you for treason!
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Flukes said:

You lookin' to get kicked out of Calgary? :D  I should add that I'm a Habs fan living in Toronto (but was born and raised in Montreal!)
    You can't help where you were born, buta Habs fan?  *shakes head*
    CretanBull
  • Cory said:

Flukes said:

When I was a little kid I got to see Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Serge Savard etc - a whole bunch of Hall of Famers all on the same team!  I've lived in Toronto way longer than I lived in Montreal, but I fell in love with hockey in Montreal and I've stuck with them!

• emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    I'm not so into Hockey I know each player or stuff like that, but my favorites the LA Kings won their season opener 4-1
    TaraC73
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Cory said:

Flukes said:

When I was a little kid I got to see Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Serge Savard etc - a whole bunch of Hall of Famers all on the same team!  I've lived in Toronto way longer than I lived in Montreal, but I fell in love with hockey in Montreal and I've stuck with them!

No Guy Lapointe?
  • Avs are off to a good start. It's a welcomed surprise.

The new Slashing calls are strange. The ducks had 6 slashing penalties last night and a few of them I didn't understand why. Seems to be more intent of slashing the hands or something but I laughed at a few of them.

Mackinnon is suppose to play tonight in Dallas but he got lucky after a stick to the eye right under the visor.