What are your most rewatchable shows?

I'm rewatching Game of Thrones again, in part because of the rewatch cast and in part because I rewatch the whole show every year (either before or after the new season airs). Possibly because of how much quality TV is out there that I feel like I need to catch up on, but lately I feel overwhelmed with my choices and end up rewatching my old favorites, like Friends and GoT rather than starting anything new.

What are your most rewatchable shows? For me: I've seen every episode of Friends at least a dozen times (started watching reruns in middle school and became obsessed), Game of Thrones because of course, and I manage to spot something new every time I watch, and Law and Order SVU (I have no good reason for this one). 
Travis

Comments

• DrKenDrKen Chicago
    The Wire. I’ve probably watched it through 4x and I think it gets better every time.

I think it is the most rewatchable show of all time.
    jazzminawaDaveyMacCoryTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Mad Men. There is always some little 'thing' that you didn't notice before. When you pair that with the writing, performances, costuming, and set design it's all just very, very good.
    jazzminawaTravis
  • Seinfeld, MASH, The Simpsons, Northern Exposure - if I'm flipping through the channels and come across one of them, I'm watching the rest of the episode!
    ChinaskijazzminawaTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    seinfeld, curb, six feet under, the wire come to mind.

re-watching westworld was fun to catch a bunch of little things i missed on my initial watch.
    jazzminawaTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Bob's Burgers and The Simpsons.
    jazzminawaHatorianTravis
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Mad Men, True Detetive (S1 obv)  Black Books, Arrested Devolpment
    jazzminawaJaimieTDaveyMacTravis
  • Seinfeld, South Park, The Wire, Married with Children, Carnivale, Game of Thrones are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    HatorianTravis
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    South Park, personally I liked Stargate SG-1, I always watch that if it's on. I've rewatched archer several times

Travis
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Game of Thrones is the only show I've rewatched for a long time and that was because i was confused, ha.
    Travis
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited October 9
    Star Trek: TNG

Mad Men

Arrested Development

Death Note (anime)

Rome (HBO)
    aberry89DaveyMacTravis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I have a lot of shows I watch in reruns!
    Seinfeld, Big Bang theory, Law & order (any of them), csi Miami, ER, 90210, friends, BrBa, family guy, South Park, mash, cheers, everybody loves raymond, West wing and Lost (not on reruns but I often put in the dvds)
    Travis
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    JaimieT said:

Mad Men

Arrested Development

Death Note (anime)

Rome (HBO)
    Shout out for "Rome"!  Along with Boardwalk Empire, probably HBO's most criminally underappreciated shows.
    JaimieTTravis
    edited October 9
    aberry89 said:

JaimieT said:

Mad Men

Arrested Development

Death Note (anime)

Rome (HBO)
    Shout out for "Rome"!  Along with Boardwalk Empire, probably HBO's most criminally underappreciated shows.

I know, right? I've literally never succeeded in getting anyone to watch it. 

Oh well, I'll just be over here "not leaving this bed until I've fucked someone" and calling my mom a "fucking whore" in front of her paramour and exclaiming "no idea" when asked how a battle is going.

Two characters have haunted my fiction writing. One is Q (Star Trek, not Bond). The other is Mark Antony. 
    Travis
  • The office
    The Simpsons
    Rick and Morty
    King of Queens
    Breaking Bad
    Travis
  • The Wire
    Arrested Development
    The Office (BBC)
    Star Trek TNG
    GOT
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    JaimieTTravis
  • JaimieT said:

Mad Men

Arrested Development

Death Note (anime)

Rome (HBO)
    You know I started Rome when I was trying to watch all the HBO classics (The Wire, 6 Feet Under, The Sopranos) and I never got into it. I only watched like two episodes though. Should I try it again? I heard the same thing about Deadwood, that it's one of the more unappreciated shows. 
    Travis

JaimieT said:

Mad Men

Arrested Development

Death Note (anime)

Rome (HBO)
    You know I started Rome when I was trying to watch all the HBO classics (The Wire, 6 Feet Under, The Sopranos) and I never got into it. I only watched like two episodes though. Should I try it again? I heard the same thing about Deadwood, that it's one of the more unappreciated shows. 
    I'm not really one of those people to recommend things willy-nilly. If you didn't like it after 2 episodes, that's probably all you need? I don't know you well enough to say try again. And this isn't a show that starts off shaky, IMO. 

Funny, I stopped Deadwood after 2 episodes and I do intend to try again, haha. But Rome, I liked from the start.
  • StoodawgStoodawg Kalamazoo, MI
    Game of Thrones, House, Breaking Bad, Lost, Supernatural. I'll rewatch anything I really liked, especially if it's been a little while and I don't remember every little thing. I'm currently rewatching Fringe.
    Travisjazzminawa
  • Mostly for us it's about lighter/funnier shows for re-watchability. If I were to put a "top 5" to it I think it would go as follows:

Parks and Recreation
    Psych
    Friends (my wife and I have gone through the series so many times that we haven't come back to it in a few years, but man we have logged the hours, that's for sure)
    Scrubs
    30 Rock

Honorable mentions to The Office and Supernatural. Just missed the cut.

@Stoodawg Hell yeah, Fringe! I'm due to sit down with some episodes of that again sometime soon. Fantastic show. Walter Bishop is a top 5 all time TV character for me. Hands down.
    DaveyMac
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    That '70s Show, Curb, 24, X-Files, American Dad..........those are the ones off the top of my head that I've re-watched multiple times
  • edited October 9
    I kind of go to any of these shows when I got time to waste or need something on in the background:
    GOT
    South Park
    The Office (only the seasons with Michael Scott)
    Oz 1st and 4th seasons
    The Wire
    Batman Animated Series
    Red Photon Zillion

Shows that I know I will rewatch again when I have more time:
    Dear White People
    Better Call Saul
    DaveyMac
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    The Sopranos for sure. I am knee deep in a rewatch of it right now. Just some great stuff. 
    DaveyMac