MIT's Free Film Appreciation Course

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
I can't vouch for the quality, but I just saw this on Reddit and it looks legit.  It's a series of lectures on Film that they've decided to put into a youtube playlist as part of their OpenCourseWare project.

I'm going to start listening to them in my spare time, some of the topics and films selected look fascinating.

Travishisdudeness915RenihypergenesbbazjensterFlukesKingKobracdriveamyja89CretanBull

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I'm always slightly mystified at what critics notice about movies and the parallels they see instantly. Even things I'll never be great at I like to know enough to be conversant. Maybe this is my key to understanding another field that's been opaque to me.
  • I'm a little scared to learn to see things the way a critic does, I don't want to ruin my simple enjoyment or dissatisfaction of things with real consideration.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I’m gonna dive so hard in to this!
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Cool find. I took a film class in college and it was pretty interesting. It definitely made me appreciate a variety of genres and different types of film that I hadn't really understood or cared about before.