I'm torn about following coverage

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
Last season I found myself having a lot of cognitive dissonance when listening to the Mr. Robot podcast as well as reading all the other coverage out there on the interwebs because I see the show in such a different way than a lot of the coverage out there. Is anyone else feeling this way?
Elisaphoenyx1023

Comments

• Last season I found myself having a lot of cognitive dissonance when listening to the Mr. Robot podcast as well as reading all the other coverage out there on the interwebs because I see the show in such a different way than a lot of the coverage out there. Is anyone else feeling this way?
    Sort of?  We might have different reasons, but for me a lot of people got caught up in the mystery of it all and once they'd figured it out they were anxious for the show to make the reveal and get on with it.  I was happy to just watch it all unfold...I was focused on the story that they were telling, the mystery and reveal was less than secondary to me.
    Elisa
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Last season I found myself having a lot of cognitive dissonance when listening to the Mr. Robot podcast as well as reading all the other coverage out there on the interwebs because I see the show in such a different way than a lot of the coverage out there. Is anyone else feeling this way?
    Sort of?  We might have different reasons, but for me a lot of people got caught up in the mystery of it all and once they'd figured it out they were anxious for the show to make the reveal and get on with it.  I was happy to just watch it all unfold...I was focused on the story that they were telling, the mystery and reveal was less than secondary to me.
    I agree, and overall I think a lot of people were disappointed with the psychological drama of it all whereas I thought it was really interesting and unique.
    Elisa
  • edited October 12
    I'm probably going to listen to the podcast but skip the forum threads this season. I can't handle any more android time travel talk, I just can't.

Edit:
    @akritenbrink Just watched ep1. Guess I better buckle in for it..... :/
    akritenbrinkElisa
    I'm more likely to skip the podcast and read the forums haha. I realized last night when I was watching the episode what it was- I just don't want to have someone else's voice/commentary in my head when I am watching this particular show.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I think I'm actually going to skip it all until I finish the season. Unfortunately, this may be what I do with Westworld as well. I almost want to watch the shows in a vacuum. The theorizing and such sort of ruins whatever spell the show wants to put on me. 
    phoenyx1023akritenbrink
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I love both the podcast and the forums so bring it on. Very happy with the first episode of season 3 too. 
    phoenyx1023akritenbrinkggalasso@gmail.comPhoebes89
    I think I'm actually going to skip it all until I finish the season. Unfortunately, this may be what I do with Westworld as well. I almost want to watch the shows in a vacuum. The theorizing and such sort of ruins whatever spell the show wants to put on me. 
    I have fun with Westworld but it might be because that show is not one of my top favorites. I like it, but it's not as close to my heart as Mr. Robot.
  • I'm probably going to listen to the podcast but skip the forum threads this season. I can't handle any more android time travel talk, I just can't.

Edit:
    Forget about time travel and parallel universes.  It's a psychological techno-thriller with dystopian overtones.  It's not sci-fi.  
    Elisa
  • I'm probably going to listen to the podcast but skip the forum threads this season. I can't handle any more android time travel talk, I just can't.

Edit:
    Forget about time travel and parallel universes.  It's a psychological techno-thriller with dystopian overtones.  It's not sci-fi.  

Oh *I* know that lol. Meant buckle in for the constant conversations about it.