So who has listened to the Blue Yonder casts?

broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
If you havent and you like Jim and Aron you gotta at least go back and listen to a few. Some are gold and some are complete shit (I think you'll agree with me aron). Cast's like the zombie draft, the geek babe draft, the one where Jim was drunk as shit and kept interrupting Aron's story about caves in Kentucky are hilarious. Then for some reason Jim decided he would talk about gaming mice for a good hour straight. But, hey ARon you gotta put em back on Itunes. You took em off a while ago. I dig this forum setup too.

Comments

• As a whole, the idea was very neat and I enjoy quite a lot of the Blue Yonder podcasts. Personal Arrogants really helped me once they were gone but now PA is gone too. Perhaps there could be a crazy combining of the two, in a bi-monthly (twice a month) format. Have Aron and Jim with Eric and Jesse chat for an hour and half each ep, or if have a special guest host in addition to Aron and Jim each week if Eric and Jesse are too busy, or alternate between Jesse and Eric each ep. Just something!

And also name the podcast either Blue Arrogants or Yonder Arrogants. A welding of two previous awesome shows.

[/crazy dream that will never happen.)
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    There is something like that in the works, so stay tuned. There are many BY I am proud of, a few I am ashamed of, and many I don't even remember doing. They're an interesting snap shot of my development as a human being.

We're looking for a good way to surface dubious content such as that, the old Jersey Shore casts, etc. I'm thinking maybe an "experimental" area, listen at own risk, kind of thing. Haha...
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    Cool stuff... you and Jim mentioned some sort of joint cast the other day. I'd listen. Some of your funniest shit is from the Blue Yonder casts.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I went back and listened to them way back when I first discovered Watching Dead. I really enjoyed them overall, and they definitely have the same feel as PA. They just sounded a lot like the men I know in real life - crapping on about trivial stuff in a funny way.
  • gypzymomgypzymom Portland, OR
    I listened to a few and truly.... The Wars vs Trek was some of the funniest geek speak I've heard! Recommended several friends to those. Also the zombie apocalypse dream teams. Good stuff, but y'all have come a long way .
  • The thing about BY casts I like was it felt that it was a more open space where you could talk about things that might put a damper o the more popular podcasts like the discussion about how spoilers might actually increase enjoyment or new scientific discoveries or more in-depth political discussions that may offend people just looking to hear about things that happened on a certain show or another, other it was really like just two chums hanging out, shooting the shit and being completely honest and open with each other. Very good atmosphere, yeah the audio quality sucked though. haha.
  • Yeh Zombie draft was hilarious, I whizzed through most of them in the summer, great fun, some episodes are a bit dry, but that's the freewheeling nature of it.

I think the Bald Move output is really professional- impressively so, and i really like it but I've got a lot of love for the unstructured, fast and loose style in a big way, so LWJ&A are right up my strasse .. A big part of why people love Bald move is obviously the personalities of Jim & A.Ron, I became subbable supported after the first Q&A , because instead of just being another free podcast you really love, I stood back and was like, 'I'm really on board with what these guys are about and want them to be casting fulltime, I'd better support this!
  • A big part of why people love Bald move is obviously the personalities of Jim & A.Ron, I became subbable supported after the first Q&A , because instead of just being another free podcast you really love, I stood back and was like, 'I'm really on board with what these guys are about and want them to be casting fulltime, I'd better support this!

Totally agree. That was a big reason why I threw down the cash for the commissioned podcast and why I'm aiming for another.

I actually just started listening to BY. I found all the episodes on Stitcher and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited December 2014
    @AntManBee‌ what did you commission? That's awesome man. slightly rich for my blood, but i'm happy to hop on board any fundraiser and crowd sourcing subabale/pateron type thing.I think their marketing hits the right note now anyway, funny/genuine etc

On a separate note I think i've found someone to lobby for a patteron commissioned cast on Dr Strange Love , definitely one of my favourite movies of all time
  • Oh shit, I love that movie! We realize that it's not cheap to commission a podcast so we're working on ways for people to group up and tag team it.
  • @FlashGordon‌ I'm the guy who commissioned Barton Fink. And it was worth every penny. I'm *still* thrilled about it. I'd definitely be down for contributing to a Dr. Strangelove cast.

I just listened to the badasses episode. That just might be one of my favorite Bald Move casts. Thoroughly amusing.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited December 2014
    @AntManBee‌ that's great It's one of the few Coen films i hadn't seen and the podcast prompted me too check it out & i really enjoyed! Bad asses episode cracked me up
  • I'm curious to know where they'd rank the Walking Dead badasses in their badass pantheon.

I also just started watching Ray Donavan, so I've been wondering where Liev Shreiber would rank.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Liev Shreiber was a sneaky good bad ass John Clark in the Ben Affleck version of "Sum of All Fears". Back when that movie was current there was a lot of buzz about him being cast as Clark/Kelly for the Without Remorse production. I was very excited, but with Tom Clancy kicking the bucket and it being 10 years later, I doubt that would happen.