eps3.1_undo.gz

Written and directed by SAM ESMAIL
KingKobraElisa

Comments

• Excellent episode, I was kind of surprised about Joannabad I thought she may be around for a little while. I think my new favorite scenes happened in this episode where Elliot changed to Mr Robot with Darlene and wig Krista. The pure anger that worked across Malek's face which lead to the pure fear in Darlene and Krista's face was amazing work by all involved.  This on top of having some good scenes with Wong. Oh and any scene with Cristopher tends to be a good one. thus far the season is starting off really good. 
    Elisa
  • RIP government issue face man...........until you turn up in another show.
    ElisaGredalBee
  • The therapist scene had me, I thought for a second Mr Robot/Elliot might actually kill or harm krista. Should we just start calling him mr Elliot or robot Alderson? Really loved the opening montage of Elliot getting back to his hacker vigilante ways to move up the E corp totem pole, it reminded of S1 at its best. I am glad they killed off Tyrell's wife, it was the one part of the series that felt unnecessary. 
    Elisa
  • GIFM is still alive. They mentioned the driver had survived and they were waiting to question him. 
    adobo1148ElisaPistolpj
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 2017
    Another good one this week. I’m still enjoying this new dynamic between Elliot and Mr. Robot, the overlay of of Slater and Malik is really working for me. Seems like even WR isn’t infallible, there’s really no reason to blow up the data facility if they win the vote other than to fuck with Price, but I prefer my villains to have some human errors so I’m ok with it. I think the fatal flaw in Mr. Robot’s intimidation tactics is that he’s scary but any half way decent fighter with some muscle would tear Elliot’s skinny ass apart, but I guess that’s why he prefers psychological intimidation to physical confrontation. I guess they decided to just drop the Joana character after last season? I’m kind of ok with this. 
    Elisa
  • KingKobra said:
    GIFM is still alive. They mentioned the driver had survived and they were waiting to question him. 
    Oh ok I thought they were talking about the annoying bf
    Elisa
  • I loved the open, I wish they had done the entire episode that way.
    Elisa
  • Was there an ecoin commercial last week? Loved how it was seamlessly worked into the break this week
    Elisa
  • Darlene alerted Elliot about the feds yes?
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    adobo1148 said:
    Darlene alerted Elliot about the feds yes?
    I think he and mr robot figured it out prior.  That's why he slipped that encripted file on them.
    KingKobra
  • adobo1148 said:
    Darlene alerted Elliot about the feds yes?
    No, as was said above he did a test trap and they fell for it. 
    Elisa
  • I’d say this was probably the second best computing related show this week. 
  • Another great episode...
    Elisabizmarkiefader
  • Wellp, I need to get a T shirt made.  

Minister Zhang with the zinger (or is that Zhanger?)

Dont' mistake my generosity for generosity. 
    CretanBullElisaMelonusk
  • Really liked the first two episodes so far this season. But I had to eye roll at shooting scene. The driver basically had to have taken a head/neck shot. Sure that's survivable but to then fire a single perfect kill shot through a windshield with your shitty little .380 backup piece after being shot in the head, what the fuck. I really thought the shooter was just going to kill himself after he saw that he hit Joanna, that would have worked much better.
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    ghm3 said:
    Really liked the first two episodes so far this season. But I had to eye roll at shooting scene. The driver basically had to have taken a head/neck shot. Sure that's survivable but to then fire a single perfect kill shot through a windshield with your shitty little .380 backup piece after being shot in the head, what the fuck. I really thought the shooter was just going to kill himself after he saw that he hit Joanna, that would have worked much better.
    It wasn't a perfect kill shot, hit him in the gut.  GIFM got "lucky".
    KingKobraElisa
  • I watched the shooting scene 3 times as I just couldn't work out what happened. Good episode other then that 
  • ghm3 said:
    Really liked the first two episodes so far this season. But I had to eye roll at shooting scene. The driver basically had to have taken a head/neck shot. Sure that's survivable but to then fire a single perfect kill shot through a windshield with your shitty little .380 backup piece after being shot in the head, what the fuck. I really thought the shooter was just going to kill himself after he saw that he hit Joanna, that would have worked much better.
    It wasn't a perfect kill shot, hit him in the gut.  GIFM got "lucky".
    By "perfect" I just mean he fired a single shot and killed him, I didn't mean he hit him between the eyes. And after having already been shot in the head/neck. I just don't like it when you can very simply make the scenario far more plausible with very little effort. Like if he didn't move to the front of the car and GIFM emptied the magazine into him from the driver's window he was shot through, it's the same effect but vastly more plausible. It's basically Walking Dead-like attention to detail in a show that normally enjoys focusing on detail.  
  • I feel like it’s more implausible that GIFM wouldn’t have bullet-proof windows but maybe he doesn’t get payed enough for those. 
  • Someone should probably add Government Issued Face Man to the BM wiki, alongside Russell Edgington I refuse to learn the real name of whatever character those actors are playing. 
    adobo1148
  • iMatty94 said:
    I watched the shooting scene 3 times as I just couldn't work out what happened. Good episode other then that 
    Guy shoots GIFM through the driver's side window, Joanna reaches forward for GIFM's gun and is shot in the head right after she takes it, shooter moves to the front of the car and GIFM shoots him through the windshield.

I just watched it again to double check that, it may well not have been a backup gun, could've very well been the same one Joanna took and dropped in his lap when she was shot.
    CretanBullKingKobra
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    2 episodes in and I'd say it's better than season 2. Ok, bit drastic. But 2 solid episodes so far.
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard ; -  Soul Cycle is well-known New York City spin workout joint, with 21 locations. It's supposedly has a cult-ish following among it's members, is a poster-child of that "movement", blah, blah, blah. Broad City and other shows have parodied it quite a bit.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    edited October 2017
    Soulcycle is Big in LA
    Alkaid13 said:
    Someone should probably add Government Issued Face Man to the BM wiki, alongside Russell Edgington I refuse to learn the real name of whatever character those actors are playing. 
    How'd everyone feel about the TOTTDAB scale?
  • The acronym is a bit....long? But it’s a good way to touch base on meta complaints about the realism or lack there of inherent to the world of Mr. Robot without getting too preachy when it’s unwarranted. So good overall. 
  • Is anyone else surprised that they haven't addressed Susan Jacobs at all yet? Does anyone at e-corp or even the FBI know she is missing and/or dead? It seems odd to me that she hasn't even been bought up once yet. 
    Doctor_Nick
    If you email her this season she says she's back in the office. This suggests the show hasn't totally forgotten about her. Or at least the ARG team. 
    Elisa
  • That's what I get for not rewatching season 2 or looking at a synopsis. Totally forgot about this whole rather big deal. 

Pistolpj said:
    Is anyone else surprised that they haven't addressed Susan Jacobs at all yet? Does anyone at e-corp or even the FBI know she is missing and/or dead? It seems odd to me that she hasn't even been bought up once yet. 

• Pistolpj said:
    Does anyone at e-corp or even the FBI know she is missing and/or dead?
    Yep, she was shown as "missing" on the FBI whiteboard at the end of season 2.
    Elisa