i wish there was a bald move app

is there any plans for a bald move app that would be a quicker gateway into the vip stuff and the whole site

Comments

  • Yes...there is no ETA. I believe they said we should get a new update on the next Empire Business. 
    SlayJay17Area51bobChinaski
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    What exactly do you want from the app though? If it's just a different looking version of the website I don't see it being valuable...

    There has to be something distinctively cool and useful.
  • Give us an app! If they get a good app right now they would do great especially after apples latest update, the podcast app is retarded
    alina_macTaraC73JH4456
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    Question.  For the premium subscribers, we aren't able to get the premium podcasts through iTunes or podcasts on our phones right?  We have to visit the site for that?  That would be a huge help in an app if it doesn't already exist and I have just been missing it these last couple years.
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    Thomas said:
    Question.  For the premium subscribers, we aren't able to get the premium podcasts through iTunes or podcasts on our phones right?  
    No, apple changed it. You get an user id and password from the content maker and then you can log into premium content directly thru the podcast app! Soo much better!!

    Every time I want to go to the forums on my phone  or I want to check what Bald Movies or Bald Move TV is watching, I want an app!!! To easily organize all their content in one place. 
    KristinaBlusister
  • Thomas said:
    Question.  For the premium subscribers, we aren't able to get the premium podcasts through iTunes or podcasts on our phones right?  We have to visit the site for that?  That would be a huge help in an app if it doesn't already exist and I have just been missing it these last couple years.
    You can get premium feeds through most podcast apps, but you have to add them manually. They have a tool on the website you can use. 

    http://baldmove.com/podcast-subscription-tool/
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    Thomas said:
    Question.  For the premium subscribers, we aren't able to get the premium podcasts through iTunes or podcasts on our phones right?  We have to visit the site for that?  That would be a huge help in an app if it doesn't already exist and I have just been missing it these last couple years.
    You can get premium feeds through most podcast apps, but you have to add them manually. They have a tool on the website you can use. 

    http://baldmove.com/podcast-subscription-tool/
    Awesome.  That makes life a lot better, thank you.
  • If I have another app to download I’ll have to rearrange all of my other apps and make them fit on one page due to my OCD 
    MichelleKristina
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    I prefer websites that are optimized to mobile so I don't have to download an app. That having been said, I would use a Bald Move app if that was the best option to get premium content.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited October 2017
    There’s only a few real massive benefits of an app. 

    1. Reduce the roadblocks and make purchasing BaldMove content as easy as possible. Click of the button easy. 

    2. Drive traffic to the app and enhance communication between community members such as real time chat 

    3. Enhance the podcast features and functionality and eliminate any need for 3rd party podcast apps


    unless all 3 of those can be accomplished and done extremely well an app makes no sense. 



  • Not many podcasters have dedicated apps. You have to think why? There’s not much value

    The Ringer has a huge podcast network. No app.

    joe Rogan has a huge podcast. No app.

    i fear the guys are going to spend a ton of money on an app because there was some vocal users who wanted it. But I think they need to seriously review the benefits and feasibility of it. 


    akritenbrink
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Bill bitches constantly about not having an app for Grantland/The Ringer though. Neither Joe nor The Ringer have any sort of premium feed. I will say that if more podcast apps supported secured feeds the desire to make an app would be much lower.  15 percent of users who leave the Club say it's because the features we're too confusing or hard to use. Makes it fairly easy to calculate a probable ROI. If the price of development is too high we either won't do it, or won't do it until later. 

    But yeah, it's a risk. It will be an interesting experiment. I imagine we'll give regular updates comparing and contrasting membership rates before and after the club. 

    The other thing we can do with an app is make previewing premium content quick and easy. If you could play the first 5 minutes or x percent of premium content that was surfaced in the app would that be an incentive to join? Like, you're enjoying this thing you're watching or listening too, and hey, you can get the rest and all the other content like it just by hitting a button? Or maybe people can purchase things ala cart for like a buck? We have a ton of ideas and features; it will be a process to sit down with a developer and prioritize and haggle. 
    KingKobraMichelle
  • Bill bitches constantly about not having an app for Grantland/The Ringer though. Neither Joe nor The Ringer have any sort of premium feed. I will say that if more podcast apps supported secured feeds the desire to make an app would be much lower.  15 percent of users who leave the Club say it's because the features we're too confusing or hard to use. Makes it fairly easy to calculate a probable ROI. If the price of development is too high we either won't do it, or won't do it until later. 

    But yeah, it's a risk. It will be an interesting experiment. I imagine we'll give regular updates comparing and contrasting membership rates before and after the club. 

    The other thing we can do with an app is make previewing premium content quick and easy. If you could play the first 5 minutes or x percent of premium content that was surfaced in the app would that be an incentive to join? Like, you're enjoying this thing you're watching or listening too, and hey, you can get the rest and all the other content like it just by hitting a button? Or maybe people can purchase things ala cart for like a buck? We have a ton of ideas and features; it will be a process to sit down with a developer and prioritize and haggle. 
    Yea, I was going to say the big difference between those podcasts is that they don’t have the premium model which is definitely a solid reason to get an app.

    Im sure you guys will do all the proper due diligence and have much more insight into this business than someone like me. There’s definitely some key enhancements an app would bring no doubt and ease of use certainly should be close to the top. 

    Also id imagine an app would help drive add revenue too for non premium folks and could open the doors to more advertisers like game apps. 

    i do think having an amazon type merchandise section of the app could be a big hit for business where people can easily scroll and access t-shirts, memorabilia, etc and just order it with a click of a button and get it shipped to their house using their premium details on file. 

  • I may the oddball, but I think the cost of creating and maintaining an app would outdo the benefits. The premium feed pretty much feeds me all of bald move’s content. The live streams/other coverage is pretty accessible from the site. I do agree it would be cool to have an app, but by no means do I see it as a deal changer for club members who love bald move. I trust ARon and Jim to figure it all out though. 
    Michelle
  • I have to say that a Bald Move app where I could get all the Bald Move content is pretty important for me especially as a Bald Move club member. I listen to podcasts while I am at work and need a hands free mode to listen. I'ts too cumbersome to go to a website every time I want to to change what I want to listen to. I listen to podcasts through Apple podcast but unfortunately it sucks because of the new revamp they did a few months back but mainly because most of the time you can't access all the episodes for a podcast which is a major reason why I joined Club Bald.
      
    It was mentioned earlier about Joe Rogan  and others not having an app but Joe Rogan doesn't have 20+ podcasts that he is doing whereas Bald Move does. I by no means know anything about the cost associated with developing an app for a podcast and obviously that is a major factor to consider but I think it would be a huge feature that probably a lot more people than just those commenting on this forum would really want and appreciate.
      
    Also to put my money where my mouth is I would even pay extra to be a Club Bald member to be able to use an app. I understand that pricing is a very touchy subject for a lot of people but I find Club Bald to be one of the best value buys in the bizz considering the HUGE amount of content they provide. I mean it's like what  4 to 5$ a month depending on your subscription choice? Most people spend that on a cup of coffee that will last them a few minutes but with Bald Move you get hours of content for the same price. Sorry for the long post but that's how much I would love a Bald Move app!!

    Love the effort and work that you put into your podcasts, keep it up guys!!!!
    hiknmt07BlusisterArea51bob
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I like the idea of an app, but I don't think it's necessary in order to access what you need.  For the past 4+ years I've been able to listen to podcasts by going through the Apple podcast app (I did get the firehose feed as well as subscribed to individual shows) or by going to Bald Move's website, and it's super easy to access regular as well as premium content.

    TL:DR - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    darwinfeeshy
  • Real question: Do you have to use Apples podcast app on iphones?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    daveh said:
    Real question: Do you have to use Apples podcast app on iphones?
    I don’t, I hate it. I use Downcast. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    daveh said:
    Real question: Do you have to use Apples podcast app on iphones?
    Nope, I've used a bunch of them. Downcast, Overcast, Stitcher, etc. I tried the Apple Podcast app and found it virtually unusable. Downcast is my jam right now and has been for a number of years. 
  • Talonvore said:
    I have to say that a Bald Move app where I could get all the Bald Move content is pretty important for me especially as a Bald Move club member. I listen to podcasts while I am at work and need a hands free mode to listen. I'ts too cumbersome to go to a website every time I want to to change what I want to listen to. I listen to podcasts through Apple podcast but unfortunately it sucks because of the new revamp they did a few months back but mainly because most of the time you can't access all the episodes for a podcast which is a major reason why I joined Club Bald.
      
    It was mentioned earlier about Joe Rogan  and others not having an app but Joe Rogan doesn't have 20+ podcasts that he is doing whereas Bald Move does. I by no means know anything about the cost associated with developing an app for a podcast and obviously that is a major factor to consider but I think it would be a huge feature that probably a lot more people than just those commenting on this forum would really want and appreciate.
      
    Also to put my money where my mouth is I would even pay extra to be a Club Bald member to be able to use an app. I understand that pricing is a very touchy subject for a lot of people but I find Club Bald to be one of the best value buys in the bizz considering the HUGE amount of content they provide. I mean it's like what  4 to 5$ a month depending on your subscription choice? Most people spend that on a cup of coffee that will last them a few minutes but with Bald Move you get hours of content for the same price. Sorry for the long post but that's how much I would love a Bald Move app!!

    Love the effort and work that you put into your podcasts, keep it up guys!!!!
    I hear where you are coming from with this.  I use android and have just used google play music app for my podcast listening.  They don't have the majority of the Bald Move content but I go through and download the podcasts right from the Bald Move website when I have downtime and do it that way.  It works well for me but I do understand it would be extremely convenient to have an app BUT I am assuming the cost of doing that would probably be substantial.
  • edited April 27
    If people can't figure out how to get BaldMove premium feeds into their podcast app, they'd probably still struggle with the BaldMove app, even if it had a great user interface.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 27
    Like others have said, i feel that except for live video stuff,  the firehose feed for Club Members already does almost everything I would use an app for. Plus I listen to a lot of other podcasts so it'd potentially be a pain to use one app to listen Bald Move and another for all others. 
    JaimieT
  • gguenot said:
    If I have another app to download I’ll have to rearrange all of my other apps and make them fit on one page due to my OCD 
    Please tell me yours are in alphabetical order too. I don’t want to be the only one! 
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Kristina said:
    gguenot said:
    If I have another app to download I’ll have to rearrange all of my other apps and make them fit on one page due to my OCD 
    Please tell me yours are in alphabetical order too. I don’t want to be the only one! 
    Mine are!  But I also have them sorted.. one screen is phone utilities (compass, calculator, health app, etc) - one screen is social media & photography apps - one screen is the App store, Itunes, the Apple Podcast app, and all of my music and television apps - then the final screen is general (travel, Ticketmaster, Starbucks, my banking, etc).  Each screen is in alphabetical order in their category.

    What???  Don't judge me!!!  :neutral: :joy:
    Kristina
  • I prefer websites that are optimized to mobile so I don't have to download an app. That having been said, I would use a Bald Move app if that was the best option to get premium content.
    Completely agree. I'd rather have a good responsive design than be forced to download an app. I think far too many websites push their apps, which are usually both unnecessary and an invasion of privacy. 
    Michelle
  • I prefer websites that are optimized to mobile so I don't have to download an app. That having been said, I would use a Bald Move app if that was the best option to get premium content.
    Completely agree. I'd rather have a good responsive design than be forced to download an app. I think far too many websites push their apps, which are usually both unnecessary and an invasion of privacy. 
    You mean like when you use an email address as a username? :p
  • KingKobra said:
    I prefer websites that are optimized to mobile so I don't have to download an app. That having been said, I would use a Bald Move app if that was the best option to get premium content.
    Completely agree. I'd rather have a good responsive design than be forced to download an app. I think far too many websites push their apps, which are usually both unnecessary and an invasion of privacy. 
    You mean like when you use an email address as a username? :p
    If there was a way to change it I would. So yeah. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    KingKobra said:
    You mean like when you use an email address as a username? :p
    If there was a way to change it I would. So yeah. 
    Did you email @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard?
  • Michelle said:
    Kristina said:
    gguenot said:
    If I have another app to download I’ll have to rearrange all of my other apps and make them fit on one page due to my OCD 
    Please tell me yours are in alphabetical order too. I don’t want to be the only one! 
    Mine are!  But I also have them sorted.. one screen is phone utilities (compass, calculator, health app, etc) - one screen is social media & photography apps - one screen is the App store, Itunes, the Apple Podcast app, and all of my music and television apps - then the final screen is general (travel, Ticketmaster, Starbucks, my banking, etc).  Each screen is in alphabetical order in their category.

    What???  Don't judge me!!!  :neutral: :joy:
    Well.... now I feel like an amateur! 
Sign In or Register to comment.