The Death of Stalin - Armando Iannucci - Steve Buscemi , Michael Palin, Jeffrey Tambor

FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
edited October 2017 in Movies
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/death-stalin/review/

Saw this tonight, one of the best comedys i've seen in a long time, it's by the guy who wrote the thick of it and veep, don't know how much exposure it's got outside the UK, but seriously go check it out, you wont regret it.

And Steve Buscemi is Nikita Khrushchev for god's sake what more reason do we need.

Image result for death of stalin

Kela15WinstonSmith

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Watched it, really liked it, reviewed it on my blog!

https://ohthatfilmblog.com/2017/10/24/the-death-of-stalin-2017/
    FlashGordon
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited October 2017
    @amyja89
     Good review, totally agree about the accenting.  it's a shame it's not on Jim & Arons radar too
    amyja89
  • Love all involved. Can’t wait to see this now that I know it exists! Thanks.
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    This is on my to-watch list for next week  :)
    FlashGordon
  • @Kela15 @DaveyMac
    No worries,  let me know what you guys think.

After watching, it made me want to know a bit more about those involved and the Politburo in general and have since read a great book on it   Stalin : The court of the red Tsar would highly recommend as a companion piece - not so funny though.

Kela15DaveyMac
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Rupert Friend, heck yes!
    Kela15
  • edited November 2017
    I had a heart-stopping moment as my brain momentarily read "Death of Steve Buscemi" as the thread title
    akritenbrinkFlashGordon
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    edited December 2017
    I thoroughly enjoyed this, even though the different accents threw me a little at first. Stand outs: Steve Buscemi and Rupert Friend. Good stuff!
  • Just watched this for a second time, really loved it , Buscemi as Kruschev is great. Really enjoyed Andrea Riseborough as Svetlana Stalin too.
  • Hey @A_Ron_Hubbard check out this thread for more info on the movie & yes my username is a 1984 reference 
  • Is this streaming some place (within the US)?  Checked Netlfix and didn't find it.  Didn't look on Amazon just yet.
  • @dochielomn Hey, it's not available online legally or illegally at the moment, it's still in it's cinema release phase, so i've seen it a couple of times now and would say it's worth the ticket price if it's showing anywhere near you.

• edited December 2017
    Thanks @FlashGordon, later today I thought "hey, maybe it hasn't been released via streaming since it didn't come out until that long ago".  Guess I was just hoping that maybe it was one of those "released straight to DVD" type of movie.  Guess I'll wait.
    FlashGordon