708 - Winter of Our Discontent

Director: Barbara Brown Writer: Joshua Green
KingKobra

Comments

• Nice little homage to Se7en....
  • You too can go from many phobias to cure in 5 easy steps. It takes less than a day too! Do not like that Kai added Ally to the cult. 
    alina_mac
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ryan Murphy's version of the good ol' hole in the sheet. 
  • The biggest stand out is the Doctors eyebrows once captured..."May-kup"! 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Rick Springfield!   :o
    alina_macElisa
    edited October 2017
    Okay, with all the shit that Ally has had to put up with from Kai and everyone else, wtf made her think that he would just give her his word when she was bargaining with him in the kitchen?  Then, she straight up sold Vincent out without Kai even agreeing.

And I think tonight was the only time I have ever said out loud, "Fuuuuuuuck Rick Springfield".  Great performance though.  I'd forgotten that he can actually act as well as sing.
    alina_macElisa
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    edited October 2017
    WTF was the purpose of the Bebe/ Valerie episode?
    ElisaA_Ron_Hubbard
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    edited October 2017
    Ugh, frustrated. Seriously, the Bebe/ Valerie episode was complete filler:

1. Beverly would've started a revolt regardless of Bebe since Kai wasn't giving her 50/50.
    2. Winter would've shot Det Ryan Lochte anyway because, you know, attempted rape.
    3. And we're supposed to believe Kai is sober enough to orchestrate the "inside man leads an uprising" with Bebe but now wants to create an incest messiah child???

Can we call it the Murphy Curve when characters start acting nonsensically? Like Ally being okay with causing and witnessing the gruesome death of innocent Dr Vinny?

PS They do more cut-aways than Family Guy. 
    Elisajanepatrickmarch
    edited October 2017
    alina_mac said:
    WTF was the purpose of the Bebe/ Valerie episode?

I don't think we've seen the last of that. 
  • Jamie91Jamie91 Pennsylvania
    What the flying fuck was up with that planned conception scene? Did anyone literally laugh out loud? That was the most bonkers scene to date. And it is proof positive that Kai is an off-the-wall lunatic. Sex to him is simply a transaction of power. His character is strange, but also weirdly original in that I've never seen anyone like him on television. He fucks women. He fucks men--interchangeably. No big deal. If sex gives him power, he is onboard. Also, I'm so glad we were spared from any incest.

Also, Dr. Vincent was pointless. I don't understand HOW he wasn't involved. It makes no sense. Also, like what is his life like? He is a really bad therapist and we know NOTHING about his life. Every time we see him, he is in his office or at somebody else's house. All we know is that he's horrible at his job and he was the older brother of Kai and Winter? But it doesn't matter. Do you know the first time we see Dr. Vincent share so much as a word/ screen time with his sister Winter? This would be after he got his pinky finger chopped off. It's so ridiculous.
    Elisaalina_mac
  • Oh, I get it. This whole season has just been a hilarious black comedy.

To echo Bev: WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
    I think I yelled WTF like 25 times this episode. I can't even. I'm not watching for enjoyment anymore, it's pure hate-watching. Oh how I miss vintage AHS. 
    Elisaalina_macCecily
  • Someone should definitely teach Winter how to hold a handgun. 
    A_Ron_HubbardElisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    alina_mac said:
    PS They do more cut-aways than Family Guy. 
    Ah, man, you stole my family guy joke!  I said the same thing when I was watching!!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Someone should definitely teach Winter how to hold a handgun. 
    I believe they call that one "the hot potato" grip.  Slightly less popular than the teacup technique.
  • Someone should definitely teach Winter how to hold a handgun. 
    I believe they call that one "the hot potato" grip.  Slightly less popular than the teacup technique.
    I can usually overlook the bad habits in tv/film but damn, she was holding that thing like an assault rifle  :D
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited October 2017
    I have to admit, when All-4-One's 'I Swear' started playing during the incest orgy, I completely lost it. I went from just disgusted to rolling laughing.

When my wife said "Who in the real world honestly thinks this is a sexy song to have sex to?", it took me longer than it should to reply "N----HAHAHHA-----NO---ahahahah---NO ONE!--hahaha---That's the point!"
    Jamie91Cecily