Stranger Things Season 2

just dropped. Here we go. Dropped at 3pm Friday afternoon in Singapore so perfect for a Friday night binge. Plan on being done by midnight. 

Comments

• I'm one episode in and loving being back in the universe, feels like a strong start.
    Brawn
  • edited October 2017
    2 episodes in, it's great to be back, loved the ghost scene, that was some sad ghost right there.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Four down, loving it, got a theory about a couple of characters, but it’s late here and I need my bed so I’ll pick up the rest in the morning.
    Elisa
  • Dustin for MVP
    Brawn
  • MichaelVCassidyMichaelVCassidy Harrisburg, Pa
    Anyone else feel like Stranger Things isn't actually very good? Im finding myself pretty bored watching it but I can't really nail down why. 
    Globalcop
  • nope @MichaelVCassidy it's pretty much universally enjoyed
  • StoodawgStoodawg Kalamazoo, MI
    Yeah, everyone loves this show. I used to be on the "it's good but it's not THAT good" train but now I'm totally on the bandwagon. 
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I would be careful with blanket statements like, "Everyone loves...." I didn't care much for S1, and I may or may not watch S2, and I know several people who find it not good to just okay. Different strokes for different folks.
    MichaelVCassidy
  • I find it interesting that as of now, every episode of Stranger Things 2 has an increasing user rating from on IMDB with one exception.  Premiere starts at 8.6 and goes to 9.7 in the finale, with #7 at 7.1.  Personally I agree it needed to be inter-cut with other episodes to help not break the audience from the intense ending of episode 6 - however because it's essentially a 7 hour-ish movie released at once, I do give it more allowance to make these type of episodes than traditional TV.  Overall really strong season.
    I think it would be interesting to do an extreme flash forward like A.Ron mentioned (i.e., an IT jump forward).  Trying to take the fight to the Upside Down and show the kids grown into some significant roles in the fight.  Only because it's alluded to in episode 1, do we know what Steve's dad does?  Steve mentions working for him and it would be interesting if whatever work it is is somehow related to secret government projects.
    I thought they were going to have to kill Will or that closing the Gate would have made Will lose his mind or effectively be brain dead, but kind of glad it didn't come to that.

alina_mac
  • edited October 2017
    Anyone else feel like Stranger Things isn't actually very good? Im finding myself pretty bored watching it but I can't really nail down why. 
    I LOVED season 1 but season 2 got worse with every episode. By the end of season 2 I hated it. The review in EW nailed it.
  • I liked season 1 and loved season 2. That’s my review. 
    Deemrskait13BrawnSchlupp
  • I can see why some people wouldn’t like it. They definitely play a fine line between homage and straight stealing of 80s classics. They also seemed to make the Walking Dead mistake which is just dedicate episodes instead of switch between characters and settings within episodes. Also with so many people in love with it you’re inevitably going to get people who don’t like just because they get sick of people talking it up so much. 
    MichaelVCassidy