202 - "Chapter Two: Trick or Treat, Freak"

Written and directed by The Duffer Brothers

Comments

• CoryCory New Scotland
    Stupid question, but didn't it say it takes place in Hawkins, Pennsylvania, but A_Ron keeps saying it's Hawkins, Indiana?  Is this just wishful thinking on his part?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Cory I could have sworn it was Indiana. I think the opening scene of ep 1 was Pennsylvania.
    Cory
  • http://strangerthings.wikia.com/wiki/Stranger_Things

"...The show takes place in the fictional town of HawkinsIndiana in the early-to-mid 1980s."
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited October 2017
    @KingKobra I’m basically just relying on you to be the resident fact checker now.  :D
    KingKobraA_Ron_Hubbard
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    I really don't care for all these new characters.  Especially the California kids.  They are extremely annoying.  Sean Astin's character and Paul Reiser's are welcomed additions, but I don't care for anyone else.
  • I really like Max but so far it seems like they're just writing her brother to be a purely one dimensional douche, but as of episode 2 we still know almost nothing about them.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dee said:
    I think the opening scene of ep 1 was Pennsylvania.
    Yep, that must have been it.
  • Thomas said: hi
    I really don't care for all these new characters.  Especially the California kids.  They are extremely annoying.  Sean Astin's character and Paul Reiser's are welcomed additions, but I don't care for anyone else.
    If you view Billy as an homage to 80's Rob Lowe then his character is way more enjoyable.

MichelleVikki12MelonuskDoctor_Nick
  • edited October 2017
    MrX said:
    Thomas said: hi
    If you view Billy as an homage to 80's Rob Lowe then his character is way more enjoyable.

He reminded me more of 

https://www.biography.com/.image/t_share/MTQ4OTM2MzczNjkxMjI5ODc1/lost_boys_.jpg

A hint of that racist bigger brother as well.  
    MrXMichelle
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    He looks like he belongs is a cheesy 80's satire comedy.  Stranger Things season 1 showed a ton of nostalgia, but it all played a part in the story and the environment.  Now they are just putting over-the-top characters like him, amongst other things, in just to say "heyyyy remember the 80's???"  I am still enjoying this season, just feels cheaper than last season.
  • MrX said:
    Thomas said: hi

Yes!!! Billy is a poor-man's Rob Lowe! His character in St. Elmo's fire is even named Billy. As a child of the 80's, this series, as dark as it can be, makes my inner child happy with these trips down memory lane.
    ElisaMrX
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Come to Australia, @A_Ron_Hubbard - finding one of our possums rummaging in your bin would be a delight. 
    weeniegirl
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I hate Billy so far. He's all amygdala.