206 - "Chapter Six: The Spy"

Director: Andrew Stanton
Writer: Kate Trefey

Comments

• One word.........Aliens. 
    Hatorian
  • Why do I feel like I'm being played for a fool? 
  • When I heard "stay frosty" I was like, "ooh, another Aliens reference" and then the references kept coming! The range finder, the cut to static on the camera... they were one "game over man" away from this being my single favorites episode of tv ever.
  • Aliens, yes, but also "The Redemption of Dr. Paul Reiser"
    HatorianMichellemajjam0770alina_mac
  • Yea. So awesome. The whole aliens sequence with the exact same sound effects. But having Paul Reiser be a hero. LOVED IT!
    MichelleRobLannitik
  • So good!
    Lannitik
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    I love what the discovery of multiple demogorgens did to the overall plot. Will didn't barf up the only demogorgen pollywog last season, and Dustin didn't let the only demogorgen out into Hawkins. This parallels with the fact that Eleven isn't the only escaped psionic test subject. 

@A_Ron_Hubbard Thanks for having my Alexa play Kendrick Lamar. At least you didn't make it order something. :D  

• Just finished this episode. 
    A. The show is certainly not as good as last season.
    B. This show would be disliked strongly if it was a weekly based show rather than all at once, and bingeable 
    C. Fuck Will, they should burn down the Alien and if Will dies, 'meh' 
  • What's struck me about the demogorgons is that they are confined to our plane to a much greater degree. Might be nothing, since they conduct their ambush in the upside-down, but they seem to be traveling conventionally this season. Creative (financial) decision, or part of the plot?
  • Lannitik said:
    Just finished this episode. 
    A. The show is certainly not as good as last season.
    B. This show would be disliked strongly if it was a weekly based show rather than all at once, and bingeable 
    C. Fuck Will, they should burn down the Alien and if Will dies, 'meh' 
    I think the correct 80's reference would be, "if he dies...he dies."