full size candy bars

I grew up in the 80s. My neighbors gave out small, cheap candy and dimes. We absolutely would drive the to "rich neighborhoods" for full size bars and better candy. It's a thing.
MichelleFrakkin TBrawnTaraC73

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Damn right it is! Also how good is the production design? As soon as i saw the close-up of Dustin's candy haul, I recognized the 3 musketeers wrapper as exactly what I ate prolly a thousand of over various Halloweens. (I'm with Dustin too--3 Musketeers was just about my favorite)

Michellealina_macgjulleen
  • I did full-size candy for a while when I first moved into my house.  Thought we could be the cool family. 

But I got rushed by 18 year-old flash mobs.  I got scared and I stopped.
    MichelleBrawn
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited October 2017
    DrKen said:
    I did full-size candy for a while when I first moved into my house.  Thought we could be the cool family. 

But I got rushed by 18 year-old flash mobs.  I got scared and I stopped.
    I did cyanide tipped razor blades in apples. Thought I’d be the serial killer. 

But then The police got supscious so I got scared and stopped. 
    gguenotFlukes
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    (Don’t watch stranger things but <3 candy!!) My middle kid’s favorite is three musketeers too! We never give out big bars because we leave our candy on the step in a big bowl while we all walk around TOT’ing but there are a few houses in my neighborhood that give out full size bars they are GOAT in the ‘hood!!! 

Ps snickers is my favorite candy bar, with Reese’s cups close second!
    KingKobraBrawn
  • You don’t .. watch.. Stranger Things?!
    alina_mac
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited October 2017
    gguenot said:
    You don’t .. watch.. Stranger Things?!
    I don’t have Netflix... I asked my husband Friday night to please, um ... acquire season one for me lol. 
    gguenot
  • When I move somewhere with trick or treating, I’m going full-sized, or at least some. I’ll drop large bars in the bags of children most deserving.