Comments

• I'll watch season 5 in the winter and definitely finish it now 
  • Kinda wish it had ended a few seasons ago, honestly. The writing, especially in season 5, was pretty bad, and the story has gotten sloppy. There's really nowhere for the characters to go, because their meteoric ascent happened too quickly. The situation surrounding all of this is pretty horrifying, and whether or not this would've been the show's final season without the allegation against Spacey, the timing sure doesn't help his image at all.
    Doctor_NickDreamRycherdarthcaedus1138
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 2017
    Especially since all the buzz on various social media is that the Rapp allegations are the tip of the iceberg and that It was one of those open secrets that Kevin Spacey sexually harassed people at parties frequently. 

jack91 said:
     The situation surrounding all of this is pretty horrifying, and whether or not this would've been the show's final season without the allegation against Spacey, the timing sure doesn't help his image at all.

• DeeDee Adelaide
    They know there’s more coming - there have been a lot of stories about him over the years. Bryan Singer must be shitting bricks. 
    bizmarkiefaderdarthcaedus1138
  • Dee said:
     Bryan Singer must be shitting bricks. 

He fucking should be
    DeeMurderbeardarthcaedus1138Blanch
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    OOPS
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I wonder if they considered having Robin Wright become the central focus and getting rid of Spacey. She'd been carrying the show for at least three seasons at this point anyway.
  • Even without anything about Spacey, you kind of figured the show was coming to an end soon just because the story has been going down hill, especially last season.  Unless they got rid of the Underwoods completely and centered the story around new characters but then it might feel a bit repetitive.
    darthcaedus1138
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Agreed with all.  The show has been on a downward trajectory for the past couple of seasons.  
    That said, I'm glad for Kevin Spacey that he can live openly finally but damn, if he did what he's being accused of then that's just pretty f'd up.
  • I agree the show is long overdue for an ending anyway.  After season 2 it really isn't good, just had some standout performances (Robin Wright, Fake Putin especially) and I had enough invested in it to keep watching to see what happened.  Thought it would end after 4 seasons, but it kept going....

I didn't even finish watching season 5.  It became so overblown and silly.  But wow - based on information in the story I wonder why Netflix would say it was cancelling the show because of a twitter accusation of something that happened 30+ years ago?   Seems like there is more to the story and possibly more dirt coming up as some posters said before on Kevin Spacey.  And he didn't flatly deny it happened.    
    darthcaedus1138
    This has already been said, but wanted to add a +1 to the notion of having heard a lot of rumors about Kevin Spacey- Hubby is a big film buff and wasn't surprised at all. 

• DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited November 2017
    Allegations keep mounting and Netflix has cut ties, including cancelling a Gore Vidal biopic. I guess they’re exploring ways to move forward with HOC without him. 

Also saw that’s Scotland Yard has opened and investigation as well surrounding allegations in UK.
    darthcaedus1138
  • "Rat on your dad and Keyser Soze will touch you."
    All The Money In The World is going to go from being a major Oscar contender to probably one of the most ignored films of the year. I saw the trailer for it for the first time in the cinema yesterday, and when Spacey is unveiled right near the end there was an audible gasp and air of discomfort from the crowd!
    darthcaedus1138
  • Yeah I just saw that they axed their Oscar push for the film. 
  • Well, if they really want to cut Spacey out of the next/last season of HoC, it's probably quite easy considering how last season ended.  Just say he's in jail and leave it there and move on.  Although the show was primarily about Frank Underwood, so not really sure how you make HoC without him.
  • They are working on cutting him out.  They've suspended production and the writers are rewriting trying to get Frank Underwood out of the rest of the script.  
    Maybe they can write a storyline where he rapes a bunch of young boys! 

I don't watch this show, sorry if it already happened!
    gguenotGredalBeeFlukes
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    It’s interesting that Netflix swooped down on this super fast, and yet Danny Masterson has been accused of several rapes but his crappy Netflix show is still going, and now the case has stalled because an entire file of evidence from one of his accusers has mysteriously gone missing. 

I bet Kevin Spacey is wishing he was a Scientologist right now. 
    gguenotJaimieTdarthcaedus1138
    Ooh ... They are taking down sexual abusers in Hollywood...maybe this will take down Scientology too..
  • You know none of this would really matter if the show had ended like it should have 2 seasons ago, but at least we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Kevin Spacey accused of sexual assault by son of actor Richard Dreyfuss 

With his dad in the room working on lines with Kevin Spacey.  WTF.
  • Yeah I saw that. Richard Dreyfus tweeted in support of his son and I read the account. 
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    "In an unprecedented move, Ridley Scott has re-cast Kevin Spacey in his J. Paul Getty thriller 'All the Money in the World' one month before the film's release."

Apparently Ridley Scott unilaterally decided to replace Spacey with Christopher Plummer and will be reshooting his scenes in time for the release.

hisdudeness915Frakkin T
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 2017
    "In an unprecedented move, Ridley Scott has re-cast Kevin Spacey in his J. Paul Getty thriller 'All the Money in the World' one month before the film's release."

Apparently Ridley Scott unilaterally decided to replace Spacey with Christopher Plummer and will be reshooting his scenes in time for the release.

First off: holy shit!

Second off: Christopher Plummer is better than Kevin Spacey.

Third off: Kevin Spacey was the only part of that movie that looked good.
    pavlovsbell
  • "The 87-year-old Plummer was reportedly Scott’s first choice for the role of Getty, but the director was pressured into casting a bigger name.

One of the people close to the production said that Scott’s plan caught Sony by surprise, but the studio supported the switch."

Pretty funny.  

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/nov/09/kevin-spacey-cut-out-of-film-and-replaced-by-christopher-plummer

Nuclear option! He’s also guaranteed a bigger box office because people will want to see if they can actually pull it off.

Surely an editing Oscar is they can!