Getting a Nintendo switch, any advice, suggestions?

Thought I'd just also tag @Jim as he said he has one 

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited October 2017
    Nothing crazy. Zelda is awesome. And if you want to try something different, get Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. It's like a top down Zelda dungeon roguelike. Super addictive and fun as hell. Also has a ton of pop/nerd culture references. Everything from all the well known retro games, to retro movies, to Magic the Gathering, and of course, tons of biblical references and iconography. 

• I would recommend getting a pro controller.

Odyssey, Zelda, and Mario Kart 8 are probably the biggest games, Mario Kart is the only one with decent local multiplayer.

Also, 1-2 Switch is a fun party game if you have people over a lot.
  • I was really enjoying Zelda for about 10 hours but I haven't been back to it since we got really busy.  It's a big game, like a Skyrim or something.  If that's your kind of game it's really good.

My g/f has been loving Mario Odyssey so far.  I haven't played it or even seen it yet but the reviews have been good from what I hear.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fun but don't think you will like it just because you like Tetris.  I am great at Tetris and shit at Puyo Puyo so I was not very happy when they forced me to play Puyo and eventually got stuck after losing a few times in the story mode.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Just bought it on Friday because of the odyssey bundle. Worth every penny. Don't use the portable aspect as much as I thought but the weekend has been a blast. Really hoping they release a Mario party soon. That'll be a game changer.
  • Definitely get a pro controller.  You'll also probably need a micro SD, unless they've increased storage since I bought one.

I loved Zelda and Mario Kart, and am really enjoying Mario Odyssey so far.  I work swing shift and it's great having a portable console to play later at night.
  • Don’t. 
  • Get it. Get a pro controller get Zelda, both Mario Kart and Odessey. Get Skyrim when it comes out. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited November 2017
    I think I need just a few more games before I pull the trigger on this one. If you saw my backlog of PS4 games--I really have no business buying one of these systems until I wade through all of that stuff...but Zelda...Mario....Mario vs Rabbids! 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2017
    Odysssy is good if you like platformers, Zelda for open world style games, Mario & Rabbids is a good XCom clone, Mario Kart Deluxe if you like Mario Kart, tons of great indie games, Xenoblade is coming out next month which is a great RPG. Get a pro controller if you don’t like the initial controller design. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2017
    For real though I’d wait til the holiday sales start and you can get it for a little cheaper. The only real issue about the Switch is a small game library but that’s quickly becoming a non-issue and come this time next year they’ll probably have a virtual console up with GameCube games. 
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Buy Golf Story. Best $15 you will spend on a game. It's similar to the old Mario golf games. About 15-20 hours of game play depending in how fast you play and how much you explore, funny dialogue, and old NES style graphics.You don't have to be a golf fan to enjoy either which is great.
  • Ordered it yesterday with zelda. I'm going out at least twice next week so I'm looking forward to using it portable 
  • Oh yeah, don't forget to get a screen protector!
  • Just evaporated two 5 hour plane rides with Mario and all I wanted to do in the hotel was play more of it. Can't recommend it enough. It works really well as a portable for extended rides and Mario is the kind of game you can play for 20-30 minutes at a time and just pick up a few more moons.
    nstinson
  • Just evaporated two 5 hour plane rides with Mario and all I wanted to do in the hotel was play more of it. Can't recommend it enough. It works really well as a portable for extended rides and Mario is the kind of game you can play for 20-30 minutes at a time and just pick up a few more moons.
    Getting mario and rabbits as my 1st game (it's what my rental thing had available. I set up my switch today ect. I'm hoping I get more used to how it feels ect 
  • Mario & Rabbids is way better than it has any right to be. 
    iMatty94