304 - eps3.3_metadata.par2

Written and directed by Sam Esmail

Comments

• For a second I saw the title and thought “part 2? Where was part 1”?
  • A good setup for next week. I have to say that this show continues to be like a long movie with great use of the camera. Lots of “empty” space between the character and edge of shot. It will be interesting to see if Tyrell can accomplish this without Elliot. Darlene is a quiet favorite this season as well. Oh and next week is commercial free! 
    CretanBullElisaBrooklynQueenMelonusk
  • Did anyone else recognize the pick-pocket on the subway at the beginning of the episode?  I l know that I've seen her before and trying to figure out where from is driving me crazy!
  • Did anyone else recognize the pick-pocket on the subway at the beginning of the episode?  I l know that I've seen her before and trying to figure out where from is driving me crazy!
    I thought that might have been shayla from S1 but that'd be too obvious no?
  • Overall not a bad episode, not terribly eventful, are we witnessing an evolution in the relationship between Dom and Darlene, given their mutual loneliness. That would make for an interesting plot turn. 
    Elisa
  • Im starting to lean into the time/space/multi dimensional theories of the show. When Tyrell demanded Irving to bring him his wife and son, Irving's calm denoted a possibility that Tyrell's family would be reunited just not in this dimension, or time frame. 
  • adobo1148 said:
    Im starting to lean into the time/space/multi dimensional theories of the show. When Tyrell demanded Irving to bring him his wife and son, Irving's calm denoted a possibility that Tyrell's family would be reunited just not in this dimension, or time frame. 
    Not sure I agree with that. To me Irving was keeping the known information (she’s dead) from him. This was in order to keep him on target to meet the new deadline. His responses were vague at best “I’ll get on that”, he never explicitly said “yes” since he knows he can’t. 
    ElisaDoctor_NickMelonusk
  • adobo1148 said:
    Did anyone else recognize the pick-pocket on the subway at the beginning of the episode?  I l know that I've seen her before and trying to figure out where from is driving me crazy!
    I thought that might have been shayla from S1 but that'd be too obvious no?
    I recognize her from another show but I can't remember which one, she usually has shorter dark hair.
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 2017
    adobo1148 said:
    Im starting to lean into the time/space/multi dimensional theories of the show. When Tyrell demanded Irving to bring him his wife and son, Irving's calm denoted a possibility that Tyrell's family would be reunited just not in this dimension, or time frame. 

KingKobra said:
    adobo1148 said:
    Not sure I agree with that. To me Irving was keeping the known information (she’s dead) from him. This was in order to keep him on target to meet the new deadline. His responses were vague at best “I’ll get on that”, he never explicitly said “yes” since he knows he can’t. 
    I think Irving was keeping Tyrell in the dark to keep him on track, but earlier in the episode Angela asked Irving if he thought White Rose could do the things he said he could and Irving seemed to believe so.  So while I think he was trying to hid the fact that Tyrell's wife was dead, it's possible that he was also thinking that maybe if things went to plan that White Rose could fix things.   Maybe lying in the moment, but realizing there was a slight chance he wasn't necessarily lying.
  • I think the pickpocket girl on the subway is played by Cloe Levine, who was in the OA and The Defenders.
  • I think the pickpocket girl on the subway is played by Cloe Levine, who was in the OA and The Defenders.
    Right!  That's it - it was the OA that I'd seen her in - thanks!!
    Elisa
  • Aron admit it, you wanted to lick the screen while Irving gnoshed on those ribs, i know I wanted to
  • adobo1148 said:

KingKobra said:
    adobo1148 said:
    I think Irving was keeping Tyrell in the dark to keep him on track, but earlier in the episode Angela asked Irving if he thought White Rose could do the things he said he could and Irving seemed to believe so.  So while I think he was trying to hid the fact that Tyrell's wife was dead, it's possible that he was also thinking that maybe if things went to plan that White Rose could fix things.   Maybe lying in the moment, but realizing there was a slight chance he wasn't necessarily lying.
    There could be a small possibility, but this far his answers have been pretty much what I would expect for his role (keeping people in check). Until we see more of him, I’m not going to go down the rabbit hole of possibilities with what he “could be doing/thinking” when it comes to that part of it. It’s soemthing we haven’t seen from his character yet, so it’s a bit of a stretch for me. 
    CretanBull
  • edited November 2017
    I think the best part of the episode was the news that next week will be an uninterrupted airing.  Otherwise, that really did nothing for me and it's starting to slip away again.  Last season, the reveal of phase two was laughable.  Half-way through season three... they're literally arguing about stacks of paper and phase two hasn't even started yet.

It also might have been a mistake to show the LHC in the first episode.  Esmail is teasing a potentially cosmic plan, which really saps any tension from Elliot's schemes.  He's playing tic-tac-toe, while White Rose is out there playing chess with God.  And in classic Esmail fashion, Elliot's plan will take 3-4 episodes to unfold and I'm nearly certain that phase two won't be completed this season.
    BrooklynQueen
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I personally enjoyed this episode.  Yes, it slowed down a bit, but I liked getting into Darlene's mindset and how she feels lost and lonely now that she is working for the FBI.  I also enjoyed seeing that split/battle between Mr Robot and Elliot come out in front of their friends and partners in crime.  Angela seems to know how to manipulate Eliot/Robot and make Robot come out when she needs them.

Are we talking alternate/parallel universes, time travel or good ol fashion brain wash in regards to Whiterose and Angela?  I don't know.
    CretanBull
  • They're probably thoroughly mediocre.  Barbecue is not something NYC does particularly well.

adobo1148 said:
    Aron admit it, you wanted to lick the screen while Irving gnoshed on those ribs, i know I wanted to

BrooklynQueenElisa
  • adobo1148 said:

KingKobra said:
    adobo1148 said:
    Irving's been established to be a liar, right down to the coffee cup!
    Doctor_NickMelonuskCretanBull
  • I've been trying to piece together all the Tyrell possibilities of being real or an aspect of Elliot's personality.

--It seems suspicious that his time at the farm lined up exactly with Elliot being in prison, sidelining both characters.

--In this most recent episode he yelled at Mr Robot, "It's my time to take over" two aspects of Elliot's subconscious fighting for control.

Yet there's clear evidence from other characters that he's real. So why can't he be both? There is (was?) a real Tyrell (Season 1), with the accent, wife and child who worked at E-Corp. Elliot admired, or was jealous of him, and a personality manifested within Elliot, who is far more emotional and different speech pattern.
    GredalBee
  • edited November 2017
     I guess their "fuck" quotient has been raised to six or seven an episode.  Seems gratuitous. 
  •  Episode impression…  fucking ponderous. 
  •  I guess their "fuck" quotient has been raised to six or seven an episode.  Seems gratuitous. 

I love how the one with an Al Swearengen avatar is saying the cursing is gratuitous. 
    KingKobrahypergenesb