803 - Monsters

Directed by Greg Nicotero. 

Comments

• @A_Ron_Hubbard So no live watch I’m guessing. 
  • Bummer, I just signed up specifically for the live cast 

• Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    Live watch??????
  • I like how they couldnt find any guns in that compound in which they were engaged in a heavy firefight.
    Phoebes89
  • The tumbling walkers ambush had to be the funniest shit I’d ever seen. Those turtle paced walkers are so damn sneaky!!!! 
    MurderbearTaraC73manhattnik
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Well..... I guess I'm gonna watch this shit.  Have to still finish the last 15 minutes of the previous turd first though.  Watching my DVR thru my laptop... biz trip in Chi-town.  Little half pint of Jim Beam bought at a Walgreens on a Sunday - 2 things you can't do in Texas.  Little bit of hotel night-in chilling.  Let's watch some terrible television. 
    TaraC73
  • How can Jesus be so stupid?  And now Maggie?  I call bullshit. Thank goodness Daryl is the only sensible one in the lot. 
    TaraC73Leigh
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm guessing they're either exhausted from the weekend in Huntsville or they're getting in late, so no live watch this weekend - it's all good though.  I hope RCNC was a success!
  • handythinkshandythinks Fort Worth, TX
    edited November 2017
    Not One! Not one good episode this season. 
  • Fight between Jesus and Morgan:

MurderbearMelia004lengmoTaraC73Schlupp
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited November 2017
    Did the prisoners Morgan was chasing get away? They didn't seem to be there after Morgan and Jesus fought.

As @JTKIII brought up, how the hell does a group of well armed people get ambushed by some walkers getting through a fence and clumsily rolling down a hill? Did NO ONE see them coming? There's like thirty five people who all have a vested interest in not getting eaten walking down the road. Stupid.

I appreciated the scene between Aaron and Eric. Even though Aaron does always look like he's trying to hide a smile even when he cries but the scene was good enough. Why wasn't there gunfire in the background? Either they all decided to stop shooting so they could have a moment or he carried him a loooong way away.

This probably isn't the show's fault but I thought it was a perfect bit of sloppiness: When Aaron came back looking for Eric at the tree, the caption said he yelled "AARON!" Even the damn captions aren't paying attention to this show.

I will say though, Eric shuffling away to be in the herd was pretty damn sad. That was a great little ending.

Gregory's scene at the gate was slightly wacky but I actually liked it even though he is a shit heel.
    TaraC73
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I dunno man, to be honest, this episode wasn't so terrible.  Nicotera did alright. 
    Michellexulsolar22
  • I like how they couldnt find any guns in that compound in which they were engaged in a heavy firefight.
    At least they gave an explanation and we got more details. It just wasn’t guns, it was specific guns (.50 cal). What irked me is that once the battle was over, they didn’t collect the weapons off of the dead (at least we didn’t see them doing this). 
    Phoebes89blacksunrise7
  • I thought this was an above average episode of current era (read: not good) TWD. Good to see Daryl be somewhat interesting. Really tired of Ezekial's shtick and the Jesus stuff just sucked.
  • edited November 2017
    Again with them cutting between scenes in the episode opener, what in the hell is the narrative purpose of this? Tumbler walkers we’re pretty dumb, but whatever this show has done worse. Dialogue actually seemed mostly natural, which Is saying a lot for this show. And I gotta say if we they are going to make us sit through More of these moral arguments at least having the characters beat the crap out of each other is a nice way to smooth that over. So overall..not a terrible episode!
  • MrX said:
    Fight between Jesus and Morgan:

Thank you for that.  Made my day.
  • The second they decided to imprison 30+ saviors is the moment this show officially moved to the hate watch column of TV for me.  It makes no damned sense to keep that many battle hardened big dudes confined.  Now they have to share food and spare bodies to watch over those clowns not to mention that they'll be constantly trying to escape.  

I say shoot each one that has a shit eating grin starting with that hair metal douche.
    MurderbearLeighmanhattnik
  • Was looking forward to the live watch.
  • An improvement on last week, but the “we ain’t them/we don’t kill/we’re the same” speeches are really grating. It’s old hat now. It been old hat for years now, but it’s now becoming clear to me that it’s put there in place of the writers having to come up with something else for the characters talk about. 

I legitimately lol’d at, “I did not eat those pancakes!” Xander Berkeley plays a shitheel so well.

And kudos to Daryl for killing seven years of memes with one arrow. 
  • Was looking forward to the live watch. They're my favorite feature on the site.
  • It really seems that the score this season is borrowing heavily from The Last of Us, at least certain parts. In particular, the scene with Aaron, Rick and Daryl at the end of the episode.

• @realityzealot The music in that scene sounds similar indeed. I appreciate watching it again for Daryl standing in the background with that look at the baby. Daryl and human reproduction don't mix.

https://imgur.com/a/8NpsG

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    There was faint gunfire in the background of the Aaron/Eric scene... I specifically rewound and cranked my volume to listen.

I wish Maggie had stabbed Gregory in the face.

stupid idea to keep those negans around. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

i feel bad for Morgan. He finally came around to killing again, feeling the way the majority of everyone feels and then he gets screwed over by Jesus and storms off.

The Jesusizing has got to stop. (Can we rename it every season to coincide with whatever character is behaving so stupidly?)

episode wasnt awful... got me in the feels when Eric was wandering away and random alexandrian was comforting Aaron and also when rick brought Gracie out to join the family.

brjnging morales back was pretty fucking dumb... I feel bad for the actor. Being asked to come back and then killed off immediately <span>:neutral:</span>
    Kela15MurderbearMichelleFlukes
  • The prisoner thing is specially dumb because the whole point of this war was that THE COMMUNITIES WERE STARVING due to the demands of the saviors. You know what you don't do when your community is at the edge of starvation? Take in 30 mouths to feed. Now, I am not on to pick on tactical realism. But in this case the specific, stated case for war is lack of food.
    Kela15Leahra821mtron32Flukes
  • I hope you have your shitting pants on, because when you see how long we’re going to take to pay-off this scene you are going to shit your pants.
    TaraC73Murderbearjleav382FlukesTxSandManbrewseveltmanhattnik
  • GuyGuy with some Grist for the Mill
    The biggest problem I have with the show is it ignores basic political science of which we are predisposed to and a community such as Alexandria/Hilltop/The Kingdom would be prescribed.  For people that are used to being governed it is well within the scope of possibility some form of code or law would have evolved long ago.  The purpose of such codes would reflect the values and principles by which the groups share and mitigate conflicts.  Think of it like a proto-constitution.  The group would decide what is important to them and develop laws off of the constitution that deal with specific situations.

When the situation of prisoners surrendering happens, everyone would already know what to do because it would have been agreed upon in their constitution or in some code or law.  All is agreed upon democratically and before hand, so the ridiculous morgalizing would never happen.

• Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    edited November 2017
    Hell yeah, Badass Daryl is back! Fuck Jesus and his morgalizing though. #TeamMorgan!
    Michelle
  • When reanimated corpses start rolling down a hill towards the road you are walking on, you keep going. These things are slow. Their muscle fibers and ligaments are mostly decayed. They can't chase you down when they stand back up after rolling down a hill, unless you all stand still as if you've never seen a zombie before afters years of surviving the zombie apocalypse.

You don't even need to run. What is so hard about walking faster? I see really old people in track suits at the mall walking 100 times faster than these things creep along.

TxSandManbrewseveltmanhattnik
  • TaraC73 said:
    There was faint gunfire in the background of the Aaron/Eric scene... I specifically rewound and cranked my volume to listen.

I wish Maggie had stabbed Gregory in the face.

stupid idea to keep those negans around. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

i feel bad for Morgan. He finally came around to killing again, feeling the way the majority of everyone feels and then he gets screwed over by Jesus and storms off.

The Jesusizing has got to stop. (Can we rename it every season to coincide with whatever character is behaving so stupidly?)

episode wasnt awful... got me in the feels when Eric was wandering away and random alexandrian was comforting Aaron and also when rick brought Gracie out to join the family.

brjnging morales back was pretty fucking dumb... I feel bad for the actor. Being asked to come back and then killed off immediately <span>:neutral:</span>

You know I was looking forward to possibly recruiting Morales back onto the team, but yeah in hindsight the only reason why they brought him back at all was to emphasize this theme of "how we've changed" which again, we've done this before, and maybe I would be a littler more tolerant of it if the arguments were articulated a little better but seriously listen to these conversations... once a point is made, they go back to that same point two sentences later and just paraphrase what was originally said. It's flat out annoying and a waste of time.
    Kela15MurderbearTaraC73
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    C'mon. It's only been like three or four years (?) since this all started. It's still very easy for these things to get the drop on people. I don't know who keeps propagating the rumor that humans are the real threat. Clearly these things are still dangerous. Either that or the creators are lazy and don't mind sacrificing the ability and intelligence of others for the sake of a cheap "scare " or jump. Naw, couldn't be that.