MS Walk 2015

Hello everyone.  I'd like to start out by saying that I've read the forum rules several times, and I don't *think* I'm violating them by posting this, but if I am, please let me know, and I'll immediately delete this post.  I really enjoy it here on the BM forums, and would never want to breach forum etiquette, or piss anybody off.

That being said, what I'd like to talk about is that I am registered to participate in my local MS Walk next month.  MS stands for Multiple Sclerosis.  It's an Autoimmune disease, where the body's immune system attacks the myelin sheath of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, which results in scar tissue. This scar tissue on the brain and/or spinal cord disrupts the ability of those nerve cells to communicate, which results in mobility and sometimes cognitive problems.  This disease is degenerative, and there is no cure.

And that's why I do the MS Walk, and am raising funds for The MS Society.  The MS Society uses the money to fund research for a cure, and fund local programs for people who have it. 

I'm asking that you please click on the link below and make a tax-deductible donation to The MS Society. 
Full disclosure: I was diagnosed with MS 4 years ago, so I have a vested interest in a cure being found one day.  But they need your help for that to ever happen.  $1 ... $5 ... $10 ... no amount is too small - every dollar helps.

Here is the link to my fundraising page:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/AprilNordyke2015

Thank you so much.
TaraC73FlashGordonTravis

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    My aunt did the ms walk over the weekend in FL. Best wishes to you :)
    April_May_June
  • Thank you @TaraC73!
  • Sorry about the diagnosis. I don't know a ton about MS, but enough to know that it's serious business. I wasn't able to contribute much (things are kinda tight), but a little. Best of luck to you in the fundraiser and with your health.
    April_May_June
  • Wow, thank you so much @Travis
    Travis
  • My pleasure. Good luck! I hope you can raise a lot of funds.
    April_May_June
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

Hello everyone.  I'd like to start out by saying that I've read the forum rules several times, and I don't *think* I'm violating them by posting this, but if I am, please let me know, and I'll immediately delete this post.  I really enjoy it here on the BM forums, and would never want to breach forum etiquette, or piss anybody off.

Not at all.  Good luck!
    TravisTaraC73April_May_June
  • Thank you so much Aron!