Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
Is anyone playing this game??? Holy cow, it's amazing! It, wow, it GOES places man. I have no idea how far into it I am but without any kind of spoilers, I'll say that I just did my "audition." WTF!!?!

The gameplay is incredibly difficult. I have no qualms about admitting I bumped it down to the easiest difficulty because I borrowed it from a friend and I want to see all the story. It's punishing.

But if you played the first one or you are just slightly interested or you just love the simple things in life like stabbing Nazis in the fucking face, you should absolutely give this game a go.

• will be getting this for PS4 this holiday season - so that I can stab some Nazis in the fucking face
  • edited November 2017
    Yeah I'm liking the gameplay a lot, I'm about 3/4 through it on Bring 'em On difficulty. It's tough at times but I still always find myself leaving areas with plenty of armor health and ammo left on the ground.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @ghm3 For me, one thing I think would help out a lot is better indication of when you're low on health. Most games have a thing where, as you're getting shot up and losing lots of health, the screen starts turning red, or cracks, or bloody, etc. This one has almost no indication. So many times I've been in a fight and think I'm doing okay and look down and I have 7 health and no armor. But then when you're in that position and you fight back and kill everyone in the room, it feels amazing.
  • Yeah that's true, though I adjusted to this quickly because I die so quickly. Basically if I get hit like 3 times I know I'm lucky to still be alive and keep moving/look for cover. Armor melts off super quickly but it's also quite abundant, so the key seems to mostly be to not just run out in the middle of a room with enemies surrounding you, that's guaranteed instadeath.

Instead I'll pick off the easy close targets with the hatchet and then finally just open up and start a firefight and stay along the edges/get into a corner with some cover and let them come at me a couple at a time. 

I also really like how you can manually save wherever you want, that's massively helpful for some of the larger firefights. I normally use a 3 save system in games that let you do this (keep three manual save files always overwriting the oldest) but in this game I actually did four because of the frequency I started saving in, at some point you will inevitably save it with a grenade next to you that you didn't see or something and don't want to lose too much progess. After dying enough times you'll find how the fight plays out, the number of enemies/waves/etc and will know the opportune time to save. 
  • Turns out I was at the very end not 3/4 like I randomly assumed, just finished it. The end was a tad abrupt, I guess I just figured there would be one last push/chapter but it kinda just... ended.
    I've heard that. I stopped last night after I did the mission getting the ODIN codes and my mission is to find Fergus' arm. I feel like I have to be pretty close, right?
    Also, I want to start over and choose Wyatt at the beginning, see what's different. I heard on Giant Bomb I think about a hallucination sequence that was shown at E3 and didn't seem to be in there if you chose Fergus.

• But if you played the first one you should absolutely give this game a go.

Yeah, I played the first one. It was great. Looks like they've pumped up the graphics a bit:

• Mein leiben!
    @redlancer I don't want to say too much but you should check out this game. There is a very interesting Easter egg regarding that game in this one...
  • I've heard that. I stopped last night after I did the mission getting the ODIN codes and my mission is to find Fergus' arm. I feel like I have to be pretty close, right?
    Yeah that's really close to the end.