Disney Greenlights Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

They must be reeeealllllly happy with how The Last Jedi turned out. This is exciting stuff. 
KingKobrahisdudeness915gguenotFreddyJovial_Falcon

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I'm trying not to get too hyped up, but The Last Jedi looks like one hell of an awesome movie.
  • Im curious what time period because they said it has never been explored. I cant imagine its KOTR so I'm interested to see what they got in store for us.

Really exciting!!
  • Im curious what time period because they said it has never been explored. I cant imagine its KOTR so I'm interested to see what they got in store for us.

Really exciting!!
    I dunno, I wouldn't be too surprised by some kind of KOTR timeline or similar. Like Star Trek, the powers that be seem really sensitive about moving beyond whatever we see as the 'present' timeline, but have no problems backfilling story after story after story in the franchise's history. I can see them throwing Rian Johnson the keys to the kingdom with the caveat that he doesn't do anything post Ep. IX