Director: Dan Lui
Writer: Hahaha
JoshuaHeterMurderbearCretanBullgguenotbnelson78BrawnTravishisdudeness915mwspiak

Comments

• GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    "Who's the writer for this episode?"

"I don't know, some guy."
    MurderbearCretanBullTaraC73TravisAlkaid13mwspiak
  • The season is so good it writes itself!
    TaraC73
  • Just watched my first live watch. I'm sold. You guys are hilarious. 
    gguenotJovial_Falcon
  • Shiva deserved a better out.....
    MurderbearBrawnTravissaraej319
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    -Shiva dies because the writers think it's realistic human behavior for someone with their adrenaline pumping and in full survival mode to stop and wax poetic about the reality they are in now instead of literally just walking two feet up the embankment to save your life. They weren't in that dire of situation. If you can sit there and have a conversation for 30 seconds, you could also have just grabbed your friends hand and left the slow mud-zombies behind. 

-Zombies, with their rotted muscle tissue, can rip open a tigers thick hide with their bare hands like it's made of paper.

-When Carol saw Ezekiel by the fence and she had to make the decision to go save them, why didnt ahe just shoot out the tires of that huge ass truck? That thing can't ride on deflated and torn tires. Why? Because how else were we going to see that cool ass chase scene with Darryl and Rick...who were, like, waiting on the road or something? 

-I told my wife all night during the episode that Shiva was going to eventually save their ass then get surrounded by the horde, because cgi budget. I was surprised they waited until the last scene.

I felt like an asshole saying "here comes Shiva" every time they showed Ezekiel getting surrounded, or showed that child molester/serial killer looking guy talking shit to Ezekiel.
    BrawnTravisenquiries@westlodge.co.uksaraej319
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Only acceptable outcome is if we get a zombie tiger going forward 
    Murderbearsaraej319
  • Shiva was like 80% of the reason I was watching this season. 
    Eine Frau
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    The Jerry jump save
    The poorly decided Shiva ending
    The mediocre Jeep chase

You do you, TWD. Don’t ever change. 

Travissaraej319

• -When Carol saw Ezekiel by the fence and she had to make the decision to go save them, why didnt ahe just shoot out the tires of that huge ass truck? That thing can't ride on deflated and torn tires. Why? Because how else were we going to see that cool ass chase scene with Darryl and Rick...who were, like, waiting on the road or something? 

Not to mention that the 2 savior guys were hiding in the front of the trunk. Were Carol's old lady's knees too sore for her to bend down and shoot under the truck?

Now, the point isn't "tactical realism." But I am pretty sure that if 2 or 3 of us got together and talked for 15 minutes, we'd come up with a better story than "Carol let the machine guns that just killed 2 dozen people go because the otherwise super competent Carol couldn't think of shooting tires or under the truck."
    All the ChickensTravis
  • Tigers have one weakness:  poor writing. 
    MurderbearBrawntom_gTravisFlukes
  • My first thought when Shiva bought it was, well that freed up some CGI budget... then I was like, aw shit wrong show. Perils of following TWD and GoT podcasts in the same week.
    Travis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited November 13
    Yeah, I'm confused how Carol knew Rick and Daryl were there to save the day.

Everyone knew Shiva would go down eventually but come on. Unless all of that hazardous material gave them super strength, she's ripping every single one of those zombies apart. If she went down in a hail of gunfire, that would have been much better.

Speaking of gunfire, this show is really slipping in that department. 90% of the bullets "fired" on this show feel like they have no real impact. It seems like the majority of times a gun is fired, it's digital muzzle flash. How about some digital bullet holes? It was at its most obvious during the jeep chase. One single bullet did actual damage and that was a little bit of steam from the radiator. The same gun that was literally just ripping limbs off and blasting holes in people from a hundred yards away, is now the most impotent thing in the world.

But on a serious note, fuck yeah Jerry! I mean, it did seem a little weird that you cleaved a living man in half and then couldn't break a lock with that axe......but whatever. That was pretty badass.
    gguenotTravis
  • edited November 13
    Carol firing her gun on full auto and then saying, "I'm almost out of ammo!", oh the Walking Dead.  :/

And why is Jim Carrey's stunt double working for Negan!?
  • I didn’t want them to kill Shiva, but at the very least could she have come back injured?

Like: she has bullet holes on one side of her flank from the ambush, which was why she fled. She was working her way back to the King, and then gave one last, Herculean effort to save her friend. 

I would believe zombies being being able to overwhelm a bleeding, weakened tiger. But, I could not bite a hole in a tiger, could you?  Could the number of people equal to the number of zombies overpower a tiger?  I don’t get how they don’t get this stuff. 
    MurderbearBrawn
  • Yeah, I'm confused how Carol knew Rick and Daryl were there to save the day.

Everyone knew Shiva would go down eventually but come on. Unless all of that hazardous material gave them super strength, she's ripping every single one of those zombies apart. If she went down in a hail of gunfire, that would have been much better.

Speaking of gunfire, this show is really slipping in that department. 90% of the bullets "fired" on this show feel like they have no real impact. It seems like the majority of times a gun is fired, it's digital muzzle flash. How about some digital bullet holes? It was at its most obvious during the jeep chase. One single bullet did actual damage and that was a little bit of steam from the radiator. The same gun that was literally just ripping limbs off and blasting holes in people from a hundred yards away, is now the most impotent thing in the world.

But on a serious note, fuck yeah Jerry! I mean, it did seem a little weird that you cleaved a living man in half and then couldn't break a lock with that axe......but whatever. That was pretty badass.
    She heard Darryl’s bike (I listen with headphones so I heard it as well). 
    MurderbearTravis
  • This... IS supposed to be All Out War, no?
  • KingKobra said:
    Yeah, I'm confused how Carol knew Rick and Daryl were there to save the day.

She heard Darryl’s bike (I listen with headphones so I heard it as well). 
    Yep - headphone user here too and I heard the bike - could only have been Daryl.
  • The car chase scene was a bit so so - That machine gun should have been taking chunks 
    out of Ricks jeep. 

So I'm wondering...

I'm currently watch Black Sails and the production on it's action scenes is epic, and I'm 
    pretty sure that show did not get the millions of viewers that TWD gets.

...is it just a budget per episode thing with TWD ???

• Enough with the unlimited ammo, no reloading, no recoil, and especially the Stormtrooper level accuracy of the Saviors. It's hard to enjoy these unrealistic gunfights. 

I'm also pretty sure Shiva could at least outrun a bunch of slow walkers. I'm also pretty sure that Jerry and Carol could have fought them off of Shiva. 

But I could overlook most of this, if boring episodes like this didn't happen at all. Of course, I'm still gonna keep watching because I literally have nothing better to do with my time while my kid’s at school. 

• i'm just sayin', if i was a savior pinned behind a car in a gunfight and the person i was having a gunfight with (who was trying to kill me and killed like a dozen of my coworkers/acquaintances/friends including causing them to be torn apart by zombies) suddenly turns and walks slowly away with their attention completely diverted, i definitely 100% of the time shoot them before i drive off.

compared to the last couple of episodes i thought it wasn't bad but that's an infinitesimally low bar.
    Brawn
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited November 13
    Is it just me or should the guy that took Ezekiel hostage be staring on Mindhunter as one of the Serial Killers they interview...dude looks straight creepy. like still has his mom’s mummified corpse at home creepy. 
    gguenotTravishisdudeness915
  • Writer 1: “What is the coolest thing going for the show right now?”

Writer 2: “The tiger.”

Writer 1: “Kill it!”

CretanBullTaraC73Travishisdudeness915BrawnEine Frau
  • Troy_K said:

Writer 1: “What is the coolest thing going for the show right now?”

Writer 2: “The tiger.”

Writer 1: “Kill it!”

ALT:

Producer: “What is the most expensive thing going for the show right now?”

Writer: “The tiger.”

Producer: “Kill it!”

TaraC73TravisDoubleA_RonhypergenesbEine Frau
  • Incoming!

1. **The Gun play and action editing**: Holy fuck we've all complained incessantly of late about the shows brass being cheap af. For good reason. But holy god can't they at least try!? Look at this...

https://gfycat.com/ForcefulFragrantHorsemouse

This scene alone is enough to completely ruin an episode in the golden age of television. We should expect better. They have near unlimited resources and money and yet we still have dog shit writing and poor execution.

Where are the casings? Where is the recoil? "Hey let's just shoot the shit out of this truck (minus the windows getting shot, ya know cuz budget) instead of going around and shooting this chick”. TIME AND TIME AGAIN THIS SEASON THE SAVIORS HAVE BEEN EASILY DISPATCHED.

*Not because they've been out manned, out gunned or out smarted, they're just fucking incompetent*. Who wants to watch a show where the bad guys are laughably moronic? This isn't soviet era James Bond guys. It isn't hard to make the bad guys tough to deal with.

One was enough but let’s double down...

The chase scene was unreal. I can't even put into words how dumb it is. First Daryl goes down. Ouch right. Didn't look too bad but at the very least he's cut up and wouldn't be able to catch right back up immediately... well this is TWD and don't underestimate them! Guy has a .50 caliber machine gun and can't hit a goddamn thing. The CGI is CW levels of corny. Bullets just "pinging" off the jeep. Not one hitting the windshield and the rest just harmlessly bouncing off. The entire time rick doesn’t even try to duck or avoid the bullets.

Out of nowhere…

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/q1QMJlAAidQ/hqdefault.jpg

Daryl just pulls up and takes this guy down no problem. Never mind it's a high speed chase and him shooting one handed with a pistol from a motorcycle. I get this show is supposed to be fun. "Turn your brain off", "it jus zombees maaan". I get the premise. I understand the rules of the universe. That doesn't mean this idiotic nonsense can fly.

2. **More speeches!** Yay. Honestly I try, I really try to give a damn but there comes a point when the speechifying just becomes noise. It’s the parents from Charlie Brown. I don’t even hear the words anymore.

3. **“Leave me, Just Go!”** The first time we got the “No just leave me behind bs” was one too many. But this is the way way too many. Enough you lazy no credential having writer hacks.

4. **The shiva stuff**: Buckle up fan boys here comes the rain on your parade. First the Shiva CGI sucked. Secondly how, just how is a pissed off 500 pound cat going to just let 5-10 feeble decaying corpses just hold it down? Spoiler it wouldn’t, it would shred them and at the very least run away. Third, no way the dead can even get into Shiva with bare hands and teeth. It’s a tiger! Full grown with fur, not some paper mache. This leads to my biggest gripe not only of this episode but of this show…

5. **The inconsistencies**: We’ve seen a group of walkers and hoards wash over survivors/structures like waves in a tropical storm. We’ve seen it every season. So how is this Bob Lazar looking dweeb and a guy with a broken foot using a cane just strolling casually away?

The cliché, “it isn’t the walkers that are the threat, it’s the people” isn’t even applicable anymore. The saviors are all 100% incompetent and the dead are laughably harmless. At one point when the guy first grabs Zeke he just simply pushes a walker aside. We saw it last week with Morgan and the yackety sax rolling walkers. He just pushed it off.

OK ok…I’ll give you that, you can push them off no problem. Got it… wait… but the tiger can’t swipe them away? DUMB

I digress…

Back to Zeke and “nerd guy”. For presumably awhile they leisurely coast out of range of the dead and they reach a fence. “Oh no the dead are upon us”? Wut lol… wait! Deus Ex Machina Jerry!!! He can literally split a man in half but that darn chain on the fence. No sense just continuing to walk to avoid certain death. They did it until now and do it again for the last part of the episode. Ugh.

In summary I feel like the fans are in two boats. One of disappointment and the second that make excuses. I’m so tired of these lines

*“You wanted action and now you have it you complain”!*

Yeah because it’s nonsensical, dumbed down suspension beyond belief garbage you’d expect in a straight to redbox action flick.

*“Who cares about reloading?”*

Reloading is not exciting sure. But at the very least show people crouching, going prone, communicating, flanking, using strategy, etc. TWD just shows people shooting off into the distance full auto with ZERO recoil, spent shells and reloading. Adding even the most minor details would go A LONG WAY in keeping people’s attention.

Any time something unrealistic happens or characters we care about do unwarranted stupid shit…

*“It’s a tv show man, get over it”*.

I’m honestly curious what these apologist see. Is it blind allegiance? Are people so fanboyish they just excuse the lazy, ungrateful, disrespectful people behind the scenes and what they do? **We all want the show to be good**. I don’t want to just shit on TWD. *It could be great*. *It has been great*

With the $ they make and fan base they have * it should be great*. They take us for suckers and it’s worked for so long they know they can get away with anything. Poor action direction, daytime soap level writing, infuriating cliffhangers, uninteresting bottle episodes, keeping actors off screen for episodes at a time (3 full episodes since we saw Negan) the list goes on and on. It won’t end until people speak up. So maybe I’m just a cinical fuck. Maybe I should just “go watch something realistic and boring”.

I know I’ll get smartass remarks and cliché comebacks but I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I have as much a right to voice my opinion positive or negative as anyone. I want this show to be good but it isn’t. Plain and simple. There will always be a hyper dedicated fan base and because of that the show won’t hurt too much monetarily but I won’t be an ostrich with my head in the sand. We shouldn’t make excuses if only for the simple fact that the show runners and AMC clearly don’t give a shit about the fans. 

MurderbeargguenotTaraC73DoubleA_Ronghm3Troy_Khisdudeness915kianesc
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Aaaaaaand there you go. Perfectly summed up my feelings right there.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited November 13
    EDIT: I guess I was working some stuff out in my head and did so over the course of typing this comment. I guess it's sort of the inner thoughts of an awakening apologist:

Yeah, they're taking all of this to a whole new level of stupid. I am still having fun with it, kinda sorta, but it's an entirely new ballgame of ridiculousness and laziness. I really, really hate that you have no choice but to see Shiva's death as an accounting decision. I mean, how could they possibly not stage that better? This is well worn stuff for them (or at least it should be). They have put people in jeopardy so many times and yet all I could think is 'why is Ezekiel sacrificing himself? We're talking about 1 to 2 feet to safety and the slow ass walkers will take like 5 minutes to get to you because they're slow ass walkers in the mud!" 

But still I smile (or will continue to watch, as it were). Truth be told, I don't know why. Maybe I do have some form of Stockholm Syndrome. Jerry aside (Jerry and Dustin from Stranger Things need their own show), this episode was a ridiculous mess. I have been a slight apologist for this season so far, though I think I have been somewhat reasonable about it. Basically constantly saying 'yes, the writing is terrible, the logistics are terrible, but I'm still having fun.' I don't know if I can handle another "Some Guy" though. I mean, is this maybe the worst episode ever, on the heels of two episodes that were bottom end of ok, coming off of a premier that was a candidate for the worst ever? This show is wearing me down, guys. I mean I'm still having some fun with it, but man. I'm honestly starting to wonder if this is just a product of me just wanting to watch simply because I've been watching so long and "having fun" is more of an arbitrary way to acknowledge that it's bad without having to defend anything because there really isn't any defense to be found on the screen, but to still tell myself that it's ok and I should keep going despite it's rapid plummet off the "quality cliff." I mean, they are just being lazy. LAZY! How can a show that has this high of a viewership and this much riding on it maintaining a certain level of quality be lazy? It's insane! I'm still in for now, but I'm beginning to wonder how much longer.
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    I stopped watching TWD after "The Damned." Best decision ever. It came down to, "Why do I want to spend my time on something that makes me angry?" If feels like this photo.

https://imgur.com/a/Bs3Cm 

voodooratCretanBull
  • Since the Tiger can be CGI'd in the episode anywhere I hope they make it a part of the next Rick 'dream flash forward' scene seated next to a big picnic table with Glenn and Abraham to really make it a happy send-off.
  • Just aired in the UK. Shows got some problems for sure. Maybe we should all tweet the podcast at gimple snd see if anything happens? 
  • iMatty94 said:
    Just aired in the UK. Shows got some problems for sure. Maybe we should all tweet the podcast at gimple snd see if anything happens? 
    It won’t do any good, the show has lost millions of live viewers and nothing has changed. I am sure twitter is always a fire (not to mention FB and forums and reddit) with the hate the show gets.