The Orville is Getting Better and Better

I started watching this with pretty low expectations, and the first episode pretty much matched that but.....I'll be damned if this show hasn't really started hitting its stride.  There has been some really good Sci-Fi, mixed in with some pretty LoL jokes (and some groaners too).

Also the make up for the various alien species, its really good!
JaimieT

Comments

• Your preaching to the choir. Everyone on these forums loves the Orville. Finally got the Star Trek show we were all waiting for.

No that STD on television doesn't count.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    The Orville isn't your dry-ass banana bread, Kelly.
    Flukes
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Your preaching to the choir. Everyone on these forums loves the Orville. Finally got the Star Trek show we were all waiting for.

No that STD on television doesn't count.

It feels like work to watch it... I'm 3 episodes behind. 
  • I’m with you. I let 3wks collect in my DVR and then I went back and caught up and now I’m in for this show. It’s not going to win awards and it’s not The Expanse, but it has gotten better as the season progressed and it’s worth watching if you like Sci-Fi.
    JaimieT
  • I like the places they veer away from the expectations you accumulate watching similar shows. The points where there aren’t happy endings, or without endings that have sappy monologues about what they learned. You don’t have the feeling the crew is the omniscient race that must weep at other’s failings. 

And how petty McFarlane gets (the monopoly debate made me chuckle for about a day whenever I thought about it).