Sexiest say what?

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
edited November 2017 in General
Well folks, we've discussed important issues here like politics, sexual harassment and breakfast. But now it's time to discuss the internet story of the week, which is how everyone is mad that Blake Shelton is People's Sexiest Man Alive. My thoughts are that he looks like what I imagine the "popular guys" would have looked at my 25th high school reunion, if I had bothered to go, which is to say, not terrible looking if he was hanging out in the 7th largest city in Iowa, but still kind of bloated, and there are literally about one million guys alive in the world who are sexier.  Maybe even just in the Seattle area.

Thoughts?  (also I hope people start posting gratuitous pics of sexier men)

My fave meme about this so far:

phoenyx1023MurderbearApril_May_June

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Yeah, no one is out-sexying Idris Elba. 

And if if they’re trying to go for “hot dad”, which seems to be Blake Shelton’s look, then my vote is for Jay R. Ferguson. 

Kela15
  • I can only assume that the press kit and 8x10 that I sent them got lost in the mail ;)
    DeeMurderbearakritenbrinkBrandonTheBardDaveyMacApril_May_June
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited November 2017
    I may be in to the ladies rather than the gents, but even I can’t deny the appeal of Jason Momoa. Every time I see him I can’t help but think to myself, “damn, now THAT’S a man”.

Frakkin TReniphoenyx1023akritenbrinkMichellerusskellyBrandonTheBardPhoebes89April_May_June
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited November 2017
    My write-in votes for 2017 - I mean..... come on...

JaimieTphoenyx1023TaraC73
  • I agree with @amyja89, my vote goes to Jason Momoa.

amyja89MichellePhoebes89
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    My opinion on what makes an attractive male is whack, but it's probably Momoa's time.
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Tom Hardy all the way!
    phoenyx1023
  • aberry89 said:
    My write-in votes for 2017 - I mean..... come on...

He already sort of won. When Ellen campaigned for him. 

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I don't know what all of y'all's deal is - I totally see it.

He's like a slightly more in shape Donal Logue.
    Deeakritenbrink
  • Mamoa is beyond gorgeous, but the poster boy for "for the love of God, please stop talking." Just don't Google his cringey (putting it mildly) past interviews and ruin the fantasy for yourselves. 
    Dee

• TxSandManJaimieThisdudeness915Reniphoenyx1023DoubleA_RonFreddyFrakkin TDeeakritenbrinkand 8 others.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited November 2017
    What? No Guy Fieri picture yet? 
    russkellyKela15
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    What? No Guy Fieri picture yet? 
    Guy Ferrari. Sexiest men alive.

MichelleKela15
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

Tom Hardy loves dogs and he pushes back against sexist questions when he's talking to the press. QED
    akritenbrinkDaveyMacKela15
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Tom Hardy for sure - i mean attractive on pure talent alone, but he's got some other qualities ;)  He is also super active with charities, animal shelters, and he started his own organization to help kids living on the street, 

@Frakkin T  
    akritenbrinkDaveyMacKela15
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Brieanne said:
    Tom Hardy all the way!
    His lips creep me out. 
    Frakkin T
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    My favorite response was "Congrats to Papal Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive:"

He's sexy and he knows it:

Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    By the way, does People do a Sexiest Woman Alive? If so, who was it?
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Dee said:
    By the way, does People do a Sexiest Woman Alive? If so, who was it?
    I think they just do "Most Beautiful" women. The "sexiest" women i think are determined by such august publications like Esquire or Maxim.
    Dee
    edited November 2017
    I don't know if I think Jason Momoa is the sexiest man alive, but only because he's so HUGE. He is definitely sexy.

Dev Patel has definitely glowed up. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2017
    I'm on the Jason Momoa train, because sigh... 

I hate Lisa Bonet.  Lucky bitch.
    hisdudeness915ReniBrandonTheBard
  • edited November 2017
    I can’t believe I’m the one to put my boy forward, but I have to give it to the beautiful and talented Justin Theroux. 
    ShumakritenbrinkMichelleReniphoenyx1023Kela15
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Ive been partial to Ioan Gruffudd since the Horatio Hornblower days, but mostly it’s about his voice. I used to have a CD of him reading Shakespeare sonnets and oh my. 
    akritenbrink
    I've been binge watching Hell on Wheels, so...

Michelle
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Dee said:

Ive been partial to Ioan Gruffudd since the Horatio Hornblower days, but mostly it’s about his voice. I used to have a CD of him reading Shakespeare sonnets and oh my. 

LOVE Horatio Hornblower, and I wish he'd gotten more roles...
    Deepavlovsbell
  • Cosign Justin Theroux.  I'm honestly not sure who I find more attractive between him and Carrie Coon sometimes.  It's similar to Mark Walhberg and Charlize Theron in The Italian Job.
    BrandonTheBard
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @JaimieT He just did a 6 episode show called Liar - I’d recommend checking it out when it turns up on your TV. Don’t google it though, as there are massive spoilers. 
    pavlovsbellJaimieT
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @Dee Thank you for mentioning Liar. I'd been meaning to check it out but had forgotten about it. I wasn't initially interested in it until I read that it subverts what I assumed it was about. It's available On Demand here on Sundance TV.
    Dee