Better Things S2 (FX)

I couldn't find a thread for this one, so I thought I would drop some love on this show, one of my Top 5 for 2017. Anyone else watch this season? Pamela Adlon did a remarkable job writing, performing and acting. I laughed, I cried. I rewatched it. 3 times. Fucking brilliant. 
Ripleypavlovsbell

Comments

• edited November 2017
    I loved it. At the very least, everyone needs to watch the "No, Jeff" scene, which is an all-time classic:

hypergenesbRipleypavlovsbell
  • Not every episode of this show works for me.  Everything is so personal and specific to Adlon's experience that it's hard for me to relate to sometimes.  But those episodes that do work for me are really powerful.  I especially enjoyed the season premiere and these last 2 episodes.  Overall, I think it's a great show, and I'm curious to see what it will look like without Louie C.K. going forward.
    pavlovsbellhypergenesb
  • Well said @Shum. Most of what doesn't work for me on this show is all of the "Hollywood" business stuff. I could care less. It's all of the family stuff that has real power.
    Shum
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I couldn't find a thread for this one, so I thought I would drop some love on this show, one of my Top 5 for 2017. Anyone else watch this season? Pamela Adlon did a remarkable job writing, performing and acting. I laughed, I cried. I rewatched it. 3 times. Fucking brilliant. 
    And directed -- Adlon directed the entire season and did a beautiful job. "Eulogy," "White Rock," and the finale stood out to me, but that could just be recency bias. I would like to watch the entire season again. The finale was absolutely lovely and had me grinning at the end, but when the end title, "dedicated to my daughters," popped up, I burst into tears.
    Shumhypergenesb